Simon kjaer - Interested in move to liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leep33 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:29 pm

He is supposed to be a good player and he wants to come to us. The same apparently as Turan, they would be good signings for the summer.
leep33

Postby Waldo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:27 am

Sounds like Kjaer has issued a "come and get me plea" to Rafa. He is VERY highly rated and will no doubt have Agger in his ear about coming to LFC. Seen a quote of £18m for him though.Not sure we could afford that kind of money for a CB??

I really hope we sign this guy as he could form an excellent (and long term) patnership with Agger.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:41 am

Love watching Palermo. Lots of young talent. Pastore is going to be a star imo, he sort of is one already, but he has absolutely blown up basically out of nowhere in the last 18 months, every time I watch him he is impresses.  Then they have Kjaer who is also expected to go on and do great things, and someone who I like that is a little bit more under the radar is Abel Hernandez, the 19 year old Uruguayan, I have seen him a bunch for his countries U-20 team and that young crop of Uruguayans is very talented and he is one of the top 3
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:56 am

Gossip on BBC yesterday reckons he is turning down the mancs and spudz I think it was in order to play alongside Agger. That assumes of course Agger will be fit, first choice and of course that we have the money and wages to buy Kjaer - or indeed if it is a priority given our set of CBs are pretty handy, a bosman CB might be a better move although who would make way from Kyrgiakos, Carra, Skrtel and Agger?

I hope we go for Joe Cole if his talks over a new contract stall, might not have a great injury record of recent times, but how many of our players haven't had an injury or two in recent seasons?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:03 am

Owzat wrote:Gossip on BBC yesterday reckons he is turning down the mancs and spudz I think it was in order to play alongside Agger. That assumes of course Agger will be fit, first choice and of course that we have the money and wages to buy Kjaer - or indeed if it is a priority given our set of CBs are pretty handy, a bosman CB might be a better move although who would make way from Kyrgiakos, Carra, Skrtel and Agger?

I hope we go for Joe Cole if his talks over a new contract stall, might not have a great injury record of recent times, but how many of our players haven't had an injury or two in recent seasons?

We have to make CB a priority. Kyrgiakos is 30+ and nearing the end of his career, Carra the same, Agger has injury problems and Skrtel still developing. A class addition at CB like Kjaer would do nicely.

Joe Cole would be nice. Caller on Talksport yesterday questioned the fact he was past his best and at 28 years old, getting on a bit!!! I had to laugh.

If we were to go for Cole then Rafa may look to move on Yossi Benayoun. It wasn't too long ago that Yossi appeared to be wanting a move away. Getting £7m (last price quoted for Yossi) would free up funds for Cole. Rafa no doubt thinking about the 16/8 quota rule that comes into play from 2010/11 season.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:12 pm

A top quality centre back is becoming just as pressing an issue as another striker.

We need a solid foundation.  We aren't conceding goals at the moment because the team is set up to be hard to beat.  But to win the title we need to play a more expansive game.  When we played like that last season and at the start of this season our centre backs got horribly exposed.  None of them are top class.  Carra is still very good and so is Agger when fit, but neither are dominant and I don't like them as a pair.  I don't rate Skrtel.  He's commited but can be too much of a liability, his positional play isn't good enough.

I haven't seen much of Kjaer, in fact I don't think I've ever watched him, but I first heard of him a few years back and he is supposed to be the business.  If he's as good as people say and still has that 10 mil release clause then I think it'd be a good move.  If not him then someone else needs to come in and be first choice.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Waldo wrote:Rafa no doubt thinking about the 16/8 quota rule that comes into play from 2010/11 season.

its 17/8

Plus your allowed an unlimited number of U21 players.  But we can only have 17 senior international* players:

1. Torres
2. Reina
3. Agger
4. Kuyt
5. Mascherano
6. Lucas
7. Yossi
8. Maxi
9. Skrtel
10. Krygiakos
11.  Aquilani
12. N'gog
13. Babel
14. Riera
15. Degen
16. Plessis
17. Cavalieri

El Zhar

As far as these rules are concerned, players like Insua and Pacheco will count as "English"   But Pacheco and Insua wont even have to count as English because they will count as U21 next season.

And as you can see, as long as we bring in QUALITY foreigners, its not an issue.  One in, one out.  Nobody is going to lose any sleep if we get rid of El Zhar, Plessis, Cavaleri, or Degen

So we should have at least 3 slots open, one of which will go to Jovanovic.

Then if we really needed the slots, I think we could sell Babel or Riera, as long as we were replacing them with better players.

Also, Kjaer will count as an U21 player next season, so we wouldn't even have to make room for him next season, but we would the season after.  But at that point, the Greek will be 32, and probably moved on,
JoeTerp

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Wow, I'm glad that people think that this guy is ideal for us... or atleast want to see a bit of him on Anfield :).I personaly think Kjaer would be a great investment if we somehow manage to sign him.I left a post about him few mounths ago, but I understood that other big clubs want to sign him, for a price that we couldnt possibly afforod.Nevertheless, we should defenetly try.The guy is like a damn tree, in crosses thers no way that a ball will go through, and thats exacly what we need.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion