Sell mascherano to raise funds? - Sell or keep?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Sell mascherano to raise funds? - Sell or keep?

Sell
52%
Keep
48%

Total votes : 110

Postby Penguins » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:19 pm

bigmick wrote:
Penguins wrote:
bigmick wrote:Keep him. In the summer, the manager (whoever it is) may need to generate some funds in order to buy. There seems little point to me in selling Masherano and giving Rafa the funds to "invest" when we are a couple of results away from mid table in year 6 of the 5 year plan. This is his team, which he has built having spent in excess of 200 million quid or whatever the feck it is. Lets see how he goes with it, if he can get us into the top four and maybe even win a trophy then we should start talking about next season. If he can't, lets reconsider then but now isn't the time to be cashing in on the family silver.

Ya, some ignorant **** will never understand the difference between net spend and gross spend. And i makes a HUGE difference. Everytime someone tells anything different than those 80-85 million Rafa really has had to spend I'll correct it again and again. Everything else is lies which the media keeps spouting(and obviously some seem to pick up)

Net spend and gross spend are very different, I definately agree with you there. Since Rafa has been the manager, which out of net spend and gross spend have we exceeded both the mancs and Arsenal, if either? Have we exceeded either, neither or both clubs in Net spend, and the same question for gross spend?

Might as well clear it up once and for all. Since Rafa has been the manager, ie the last six seasons.

Sorry to an ignorant **** by the way, I do apologise.

Well, true but that is only a fact due to this past summer and not the previous 5 years with Rafa in charge.

But then we get into that debate that our squad was just as good as Arsenal's invincible squad and Manure's squad and that in reality we should get more than 10 million for the players Rafa inherited cause they were so good. Instead we got a fraction of what Arsenal and Manure got for theirs.

But that is just pure coincidence I am sure....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:30 am

Penguins wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Penguins wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Net spend and gross spend are very different, I definately agree with you there. Since Rafa has been the manager, which out of net spend and gross spend have we exceeded both the mancs and Arsenal, if either? Have we exceeded either, neither or both clubs in Net spend, and the same question for gross spend?

Well, true but that is only a fact due to this past summer and not the previous 5 years with Rafa in charge.

Great. So now we have established once and for all that Rafa has spent more GROSS than Arsenal and the Mancs in the same period (nearly six years). We have also established once and for all that Rafa hs spent more NET than both Arsenal and the Mancs over the same six year period.

Now lets move on. FFS how many times do we have to go over it?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:35 am

bigmick wrote:We have also established once and for all that Rafa hs spent more NET than both Arsenal and the Mancs over the same six year period.

Has he can you please go over it in detail Michael :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 am

:laugh: I gave up long ago Nanny :D
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:39 am

Mascherano has been playing really well now, back to his old self, so I'll keep him, you never know he might change his mind and sign a 5 year contract with us.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:44 am

NANNY RED wrote:
bigmick wrote:We have also established once and for all that Rafa hs spent more NET than both Arsenal and the Mancs over the same six year period.

:laugh:  :D I know it's like fecking groundhog day in here. You have a big debate about it, everyone digs up all the stats, it gets kind of accepted, everyone goes "oh OK then, lets talk about something else", then loh and behold three months later someone else comes along and you have to go over the whole thing all over again. Obviously you get some people who were still here for the original debates who insist on sticking their oars in, but I guess once you've established the fact that you are a numpty for all to see, confirming it once again isn't such a huge leap of faith.

So we can do the argument again about how far behind we were when Rafa took over. Someone will talk about how we were 30 points behind in his first season, someone will talk about how those same players won the Champions League, someone will mention Djimi Traore, someone will dig deeper and point out that a couple of seasons into Rafa's tenure we were 1 point behind the Mancs and we've outspent them since them. We can go alla round the houses just one more time.

At least that is a debate though. To say we haven't outspent both arsenal and the Mancs since Rafa has been in charge, Net, Gross, in Lira, add-ons, air miles, green shield stamp points, Bazooka Joe wrappers, Monoploly money, play money, real money or imaginary money is just b0ll0cks.

It's pretty hard to debate something when everyone knows before you start that it's b0ll0cks. With that in mind, can't we just not bother any more? A good idea when you stick your hand up when they ask "who believes in this?" is to have a quick look around and see who agrees with you. Take a quick look through this thread and you'll see all you need to know really.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:50 am

bigmick wrote:
Penguins wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Penguins wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Great. So now we have established once and for all that Rafa has spent more GROSS than Arsenal and the Mancs in the same period (nearly six years). We have also established once and for all that Rafa hs spent more NET than both Arsenal and the Mancs over the same six year period.

Now lets move on. FFS how many times do we have to go over it?

Until you are done talking about it!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:52 am

:laugh:  :laugh: two lines would have done michael:laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:53 am

bigmick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

:laugh:  :D I know it's like fecking groundhog day in here. You have a big debate about it, everyone digs up all the stats, it gets kind of accepted, everyone goes "oh OK then, lets talk about something else", then loh and behold three months later someone else comes along and you have to go over the whole thing all over again. Obviously you get some people who were still here for the original debates who insist on sticking their oars in, but I guess once you've established the fact that you are a numpty for all to see, confirming it once again isn't such a huge leap of faith.

So we can do the argument again about how far behind we were when Rafa took over. Someone will talk about how we were 30 points behind in his first season, someone will talk about how those same players won the Champions League, someone will mention Djimi Traore, someone will dig deeper and point out that a couple of seasons into Rafa's tenure we were 1 point behind the Mancs and we've outspent them since them. We can go alla round the houses just one more time.

At least that is a debate though. To say we haven't outspent both arsenal and the Mancs since Rafa has been in charge, Net, Gross, in Lira, add-ons, air miles, green shield stamp points, Bazooka Joe wrappers, Monoploly money, play money, real money or imaginary money is just b0ll0cks.

It's pretty hard to debate something when everyone knows before you start that it's b0ll0cks. With that in mind, can't we just not bother any more? A good idea when you stick your hand up when thye ask "who believes in this?" is to have a quick look around and see who agrees with you. Take a quick look through this thread and you'll see all you need to know really.

I totally agree there Mick

:D
roberto green

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:05 am

bigmick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

It's pretty hard to debate something when everyone knows before you start that it's b0ll0cks. With that in mind, can't we just not bother any more? A good idea when you stick your hand up when they ask "who believes in this?" is to have a quick look around and see who agrees with you. Take a quick look through this thread and you'll see all you need to know really.

:laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:11 am

Sell mascherano to raise funds?  keep

we have around 16mil to spend, could be made uo to 20mil, should be able to get one good player and a ok player with that, the club been working hard over xmas to get one of them.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:15 am

bigmick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

:laugh: pmsl  :laugh: funny as feck but sadly very true too mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Fauxy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:39 am

Selling Masch would be a mistake.. unless of course we actually had a decent guaranteed replacement lined up to take his place and for a smaller price. Someone like yaya toure.
Fauxy

Postby made in UK » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:51 am

lakes10 wrote:Sell mascherano to raise funds?  keep

we have around 16mil to spend, could be made uo to 20mil, should be able to get one good player and a ok player with that, the club been working hard over xmas to get one of them.

"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 am

:laugh: :laugh:

Bazooka Joe Wrappers..........you could lick them and get a tattoo if I remember right?
maybe it was another bubblegum.....anyway you are as mad as a cat in a fish tank Mick,that was one funny post!

:laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion