Scott carson - what should we do with him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Good backup keeper i guess
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:59 pm

A good keeper, but I'd still prefer to sell or loan him.
He has repeatedly stated that he wants 1st team football and we can't offer him that.
Barring and injury to Reina he will be one unhappy camper next season while his value will drop.
His stock his high this summer and if a bid of £5m+ would come or a good loan offer I'd hope we take it.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:23 am

I think Carson will be England's number 1 in the coming years, if he is allowed to play 1st team football, that chance he won't get at Anfield so no matter how much I rate him as a player I think we have to cash in on him before he has sat on the bench for three years and a mickey mouse club offer us half of what he is worth.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:15 am

I think Loaning is the best option for Scott Carson, I wouldnt want to see a player of his potential sat on the bench everyweek, He does need 1st team games otherwise he is never gonna improve, I cant see him budging pepe anytime soon but if we boost his reputation by him going out on loan and impressing as he did at charlton, we will get a better price for him if we do choose to sell him.

Plus from a national squad point of view, he is pushing forward in the england squad I'd rather see him loaned out and improving his stature in the premiership and national squad.

In this case we will need a 2nd choice goalkeeper,maybe one of the youngsters is good enough.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:17 am

murphy0151 wrote:Sell him now.

I just cant see why people rate him.   Every time I see him i think he is shiiite.  He makes like one or two decent saves in a game and thats about it.   As for them pens last night he might aswell of not of been there. 

Useless, not even no where near good enough to play for us.

I have to agree with Murph here on this, it seems evertime I've watched him he's made some pretty big blunders. It must be bad timing of watching the lad on my part as I think he got Charltons player of the season last year. I confess I only saw him between the sticks at Blackburn for Charlton last season when IMHO he gave the game to Blackburn. I've seen him in goal for us before and i didnt fill me with confidence either, he looked totally overawed when playing in goal for us.

Second choice maybe a possibilty for me, but he doesnt look good enough or even big enough for a first choice keeper. I think again its a case of Liverpool fans overating their own players. Reina is a decent keeper but even he is prone to the occasional blunder or flap, but I dont think Carson would take his place.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion