Save liverpool silver away kit. - Save it for 2009/10.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:24 pm

NANNY RED wrote:You should of started a campaign to bring back the all red kit with round neck and just a bit of white around the neck. We didnt lose many with that kit either, I hate that grey kit it looks like something out of a pound shop. Especialy when they wear the red shorts with the grey top.

I agree the Red shorts & red socks was a bad move. But the kit is so unique that it has a late 80s but modern theme to it.
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:33 pm

craig da Toxteth iron wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:You should of started a campaign to bring back the all red kit with round neck and just a bit of white around the neck. We didnt lose many with that kit either, I hate that grey kit it looks like something out of a pound shop. Especialy when they wear the red shorts with the grey top.

I agree the Red shorts & red socks was a bad move. But the kit is so unique that it has a late 80s but modern theme to it.

I dunno Craig its horrible now if you where talkin about this one id sign up loads
:laugh:

Best kit ever, oh how we won an how we played in that kit :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:I loved the Crown Paints shirts.  Can we start a campaign....

NO  :laugh: cause i want the all red one. the one that made Ron Yeats look like a monster.

Looks good back then but not now.
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby fivecups » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:24 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:I loved the Crown Paints shirts.  Can we start a campaign....

NO  :laugh: cause i want the all red one. the one that made Ron Yeats look like a monster.

Looks good back then but not now.

I like the grey kit for nostalgic reasons. My mate used to have a grey Candy top when we were about 13/14 - he wore it every time we played indoor footie. I've remeber John Barnes charging around in the grey kit.

I bought the most recent top a couple of months ago - woohoo!
Last edited by fivecups on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:33 pm

if only this was in Red  :)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:00 pm

''' Liverpool Fans are aware of the club will no longer wear their Sliver away kit for 2009/10 season. Not since 1993-1995 that Liverpool Football Club wore their away jersey for 2 seasons.

It’s imperative that Liverpool must recall the events at the back end of 1993/94 season. When Liverpool were willing to scarp their famous gold jersey for the 1994/95 campaign, but their decision was overturned due to the kits popularity by the fans. Hadn’t Liverpool fans campaigning against the club? The First team would never have worn The Adidas gold kit stretching for 3 seasons.

It’s vital that Liverpool fans round the globe who wants to make their voice heard, by preventing consumers of Liverpool Football Club spending yet another £39.99 for another new away shirt plus £16.78 for name & number.

Sliver away strip has brought Liverpool good fortune so far & let it continue for 2009/10 campaign.

Please join the campaign :)'''

*this is the group's description on facebook. i dont see a single mention of games being won. its just about saving money*
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:04 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:''' Liverpool Fans are aware of the club will no longer wear their Sliver away kit for 2009/10 season. Not since 1993-1995 that Liverpool Football Club wore their away jersey for 2 seasons.

It’s imperative that Liverpool must recall the events at the back end of 1993/94 season. When Liverpool were willing to scarp their famous gold jersey for the 1994/95 campaign, but their decision was overturned due to the kits popularity by the fans. Hadn’t Liverpool fans campaigning against the club? The First team would never have worn The Adidas gold kit stretching for 3 seasons.

It’s vital that Liverpool fans round the globe who wants to make their voice heard, by preventing consumers of Liverpool Football Club spending yet another £39.99 for another new away shirt plus £16.78 for name & number.

Sliver away strip has brought Liverpool good fortune so far & let it continue for 2009/10 campaign.

Please join the campaign :)'''

*this is the group's description on facebook. i dont see a single mention of games being won. its just about saving money*

Well, if it's saving money you're interested in, the official online club shop has the silver shirt on 50% markdown.  That's right, 20 pounds + shipping (extra for names, numbers etc.) and its yours.  In the immortal words of Roger Daltry, I'd call that a bargain... :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:06 pm

:laugh:  i still wanna see the stats from yesteryear though about not losing when playing in silver/grey.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:08 am

Who gives a shyte what colour kit we wear??? How could we say silver kit brings us good fortune.. lool lets get some stats of how good we have played in different colour tops over the past 10 years... owzat you up for that?? :D
Anwayz i dont think the good fortune will bring much if we use kuyt always as the forward. I remember when mannure wore those nasty grey shirts loool they lost 6-3 to southampton and then 5-0 to newcastle... loool those were the days.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote: :laugh:  i still wanna see the stats from yesteryear though about not losing when playing in silver/grey.

This seasons stats you want? or Stats from 1987-1989?
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:09 pm

the grey/silver kit is fukking horrible when we wear the red shorts with it, don't want to see that again. Preferred the white one myself, or the black one but without the red stripe through it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Attention all members!  I have revamped my own Facebook group campaign. Please join & get all your mates to join aswell.

Please cilck here to join.

Thank you. :help  :D
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Greavesie wrote:the grey/silver kit is fukking horrible when we wear the red shorts with it, don't want to see that again. Preferred the white one myself, or the black one but without the red stripe through it

I agree that the kit don't go with red shorts & red socks.
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby peterc1992 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
craig da Toxteth iron wrote:As you may know, silver away kit has provided Liverpool with good fortune this season

Hadn't really noticed that, TBH.  Please elaborate on exactly when we've worn the silver strip this season and the nature of the "good fortune" it's brought us.  ???

Whenever we wore away kits in the past we never hardly recorded any victories instead we ending losing games.

So far we have never lost a game when we wore the silver away kit.

we have only lost two games this year
We wore the red jersey for both so wit your philosphy we whould get rid of this kit?

Also,so ur idea is tht we should hold onto the grey kit )which isnt tht nice in my opnion) just because it has given us 'luck' rather than get another kit which will rake in teh cash...
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 pm

peterc1992 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
craig da Toxteth iron wrote:As you may know, silver away kit has provided Liverpool with good fortune this season

Hadn't really noticed that, TBH.  Please elaborate on exactly when we've worn the silver strip this season and the nature of the "good fortune" it's brought us.  ???

Whenever we wore away kits in the past we never hardly recorded any victories instead we ending losing games.

So far we have never lost a game when we wore the silver away kit.

we have only lost two games this year
We wore the red jersey for both so wit your philosphy we whould get rid of this kit?

Also,so ur idea is tht we should hold onto the grey kit )which isnt tht nice in my opnion) just because it has given us 'luck' rather than get another kit which will rake in teh cash...

Come back to me if you know how to use spellcheckr?
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion