Sweet silver song of a lark?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:54 am

We have, for decades, been proud and passionate about our place at the top of supporters in this country and dare I say the world? We are noted and respected as the most knowledgeable and loyal fans in the game. Not any more.
I warned a while ago about w@nkers booing, mainly because I believe it creates an atmosphere, and a culture where such behaviour is acceptable. Now we see the manager noticing that the famous spirit of the Anfield crowd, the original "12th man" has all but disappeared. How do we get it back? How do we truly support the team, even in defeat? "When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark" is something thousands of people sing before a match. Do they mean it? If they do, why do they desert the players and the manager when they are needed most?
Worrying times indeed...
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:13 am

bunch of shithouses the lot of 'em.

I feel for Klopp. Here we have one of the best managers in the world 'wanting' to manage this club and on his first home game there was a gentle ripple of applause? Should of been an almighty cheer!

Then some of the fans had the nerve to sing YNWA but then walk out because we conceded 8 mins from the end?

We're just like all the other teams.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:43 am

We havent been a good crowd since 2009.

When rafa went for some reason so did the atmosphere. You are in the minority if you do sing at Anfield.

Something drastic needs to happen a group of regulars need to get together and make a large singing section to give the kop its reputation back again.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:31 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 am wrote:bunch of shithouses the lot of 'em.

I feel for Klopp. Here we have one of the best managers in the world 'wanting' to manage this club and on his first home game there was a gentle ripple of applause? Should of been an almighty cheer!

Then some of the fans had the nerve to sing YNWA but then walk out because we conceded 8 mins from the end?

I'd forgotten about that 'reception', f**king embaressing.
After all the hype and excitement over his appointment I bet Jurgen was shoving cotton wool in his ears expecting the roof to come off the stadium but as you say I've heard louder rounds of applause when Biscan and Cheyrou have come off the bench.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:34 pm

KLOPP NEEDS US KOPITES!
US KOPITES need to heed his words and become angry. Not at Klopp but at ourselves.
Us Kopites need to roar in the face of the man who dared to question our loyalty.
Not with abuse, but with the Kopite passion and tradition that he signed up for.
IT'S TIME FOR US KOPITES to embrace our manager not with applause but with a fire of furnace! And introduce him to the dream job he signed up for.
It's time for us to force our fantastic new manager to apologise public for ever doubting us.
THIS IS OUR ONE AND ONLY ANSWER!
An Apology from LFC with roar and love.
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Seating the Kop killed Anfield.  End of.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:16 pm

I dont understand the logic of leaving early. Why would you want to miss the final minutes anything can happen. Screw the traffic etc...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:31 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 am wrote:bunch of shithouses the lot of 'em.

I'd forgotten about that 'reception', f**king embaressing.
After all the hype and excitement over his appointment I bet Jurgen was shoving cotton wool in his ears expecting the roof to come off the stadium but as you say I've heard louder rounds of applause when Biscan and Cheyrou have come off the bench.

When he skipped out of the tunnel that roof should of f***ing blown off! Instead it sounded more like a drizzly day in Doncaster.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:48 pm

redshade » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:16 pm wrote:I dont understand the logic of leaving early. Why would you want to miss the final minutes anything can happen. Screw the traffic etc...

Well that's just it isn't?
Too many with the view of 'Screw this and screw getting caught up in the traffic."
If being somewhere else is so important, why go to the match at all. Leave your seat and ticket to those who should appreciate it.
BUT NO - too much me, selfie and me and not enough we!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Reg wrote:Seating the Kop killed Anfield.  End of.

Disagree mate. The Kop was seated in 1994 and we have had many great times there since. What I will say is that it has definitely deteriorated since then and nowadays it can resemble a morgue. If people are paying to support the team, then they should support and stop looking at it as a right to walk out if the team is losing.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:06 am

Who is it that is leaving though ? Is it the season ticket holders, regular match goers or daytrippers ? .
It costs people like myself a lot of money to head over to a game and no way would I or any people  I have ever travelled with would even contemplate leaving before the final whistle. It usually costs a couple of hundred euro to head over and most usually hang around afterwards to get a glimpse of the players or even meet one as I have done many a time.
I don't seem to recall seeing many leave the stadium any time I was there but in the last 2 years it seems to have caught on but I would hazard a guess to say the reason is that they are probably pi$$ed off and frustrated at what they are witnessing. Constant repeats of dodgy errors from a host of players coupled with some pretty wasteful stuff the other end will take its toll eventually. We have not got one world class player in that side any more. By the time coutinho reaches that level he will be long gone.

A while back there was a bit of a debate about fans booing and a lot on here said they should vote with their feet instead so maybe that's what a majority are choosing to do. Klopp is a good manager and one that does have the fanbase genuinely excited but already you can see how tough of a job he has due to the poor squad he inherited so im delighted the booing has stopped but no way has some of those players got superstar in there waiting to be unlocked by him. Most of them are just not good enough. You can see the impact he has already but the quality is still missing because it just isn't there any more.

There has been some fantastic days and nights where the atmosphere has been fantastic but those were when we beat big teams in the league and europe. Scraping a 1 nil win over a bottom of the league side somehow doesn't have the same effect.

There are I'm sure many reasons why fans choose to do what they do but the old saying "sing when your winning" couldn't be any more true. If we were playing good stuff then the fans would be rooted in their seats and singing long after the final whistle.

After the sweet silver song of the lark comes the line At the end of a storm and I believe our golden sky will come under klopp but it will take time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:14 am

Good post Red.

What you're seeing is good old fashioned discontent. Fans are fed up, they've been fed mismanagement, misownerhip (H&G), wasted transfer fees, massive wages and players who show they don't give a damn for too long. The fans pay for all this, week in week out.

I don't agree with booing or leaving early but I do understand it.

Klopp is covering up the cracks... the cracks that BR made with his terrible transfer buys so why should the fans suddenly believe we're top 4 or chamionship winning potential?

Unitil we replace Sammi, Carra, SG and Torres we're just another an average club going through a cycle and not seriously threatening the top 4 and until then the fans won't believe.

YNWA has become a cliche... you sing it to celebrate, after so many years of mediocrity it's in danger of sounding tacky.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:43 am

Fair weathered and Fickle are a couple of phrases that come to mind regarding the current fanbase

Liverpool is a massive name which attracts individuals to support the club without much knowledge of the game or the heart that Anfield used to be known for.

As RTID says I would never dream of leaving anfield a second before final whistle even through Hodgsons and BR era

Considering that was Klopps first defeat with us and a week earlier he/we beat the current reigning champions you would have thought that he deserved some support till the end.

I remember wigan H 2009 we went 2-1 down 80 odd minute so similar to the palace game. by 90th minute we won the game 3-2 thanks to Dirk Kuyt also that day the anfield crowd did not stop infact when we went behind the support got louder.

How can any fan expect the players to perform or the owners and managers to give everything to a club which it is a job to them but the fans in which Liverpool Fc is etched onto their hearts cant be assed to see out the last 10 minutes of a game

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:35 am

You are describing the 10% hardcore, it is not reasonable to expect the 90% to think and act like hardcore. That's life mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 am

Reg » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:35 am wrote:You are describing the 10% hardcore, it is not reasonable to expect the 90% to think and act like hardcore. That's life mate.

No im describing what its like to be a supporter of a club and not a fan

A fan likes a club a supporter will stick with a club through thick and thin and show its support 100% of the time

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion