SADIO MANÉ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:46 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:Bumped this because he seems to be getting a lot of stick over the amount of times he manages to not hit the net and its worth its own discussion.

Personally I think Mane has done ok this season. Certainly not on a par with his last one but up to this point he has 10 goals and 7 assists I think which is a decent return from a wide player which effectively he is. Also has to be taking into account his time out through injury.

He was a big player for us last year as we had done very little in the market. Everyone was loving him like he was a superstar much better than he actually is as well. His tally last season was only 13 goals and 5 assists. The year before it was 11 and 6. Those are good figures from a wideman but considering the chances we create it should be better but again the lad doesn't have that strikers instinct because he isn't one.

This season he has done well imo and well worth his starting berth with the squad we have. He has had some woeful misses but nonetheless picks himself up and goes again, His running is a big part of our pressing and his pace always has defenders scared even if he isn't on form.

I think he is a fairly consistent player from season to season and with many more years still to go I think he will put in one or two sure to eclipse the impact he had on his debut.

Good post ,I think Mane is an integral part of what makes our attack such an ominous threat ,like you've stated above he picks himself up dusts himself off after every miss and ensures his next opportunity finds the net ,he's a nightmare for defenders because his play is unpredictable, he twists and turns to find the space to use his blistering speed and over those few yards he is the quickest out of our three, which leaves defenders faced with the threat of his pace constantly forced into playing on the back foot.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:04 pm

He's part of one of the best attacks in European if not world football so he must be doing something right.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:04 pm wrote:He's part of one of the best attacks in European if not world football so he must be doing something right.

:buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Sadio will increase his tally next season im sure.

He does over do it sometimes that is why he makes errors but like Redbeer said he does get on with it and blends back into the mix.

He is an important cog to Klopps attack but i feel we will need a similar cog next season to rotate with Sadio and Salah.

Next season we will try to mount a title challenge and also will defend our champions league crown :).
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 pm

He's a very important cog to our front three. His link up play is sublime and it's no coincidence that things stop working when we replace him with the likes of Ings or Solanke. He's vital to our success and can't believe some were saying he should be sold after one poor game.  :no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:47 pm

His weaknesses are the fact that he can be selfish, not passing to players in a better position. Also his finishing could do with practising on the training ground. He squandered three good chances versus Roma the other night, fortunately it didn't cost us dearly.

Firmino and Salah are the stand out players for me.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Im hoping it is just for the Stoke game FFS..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:30 pm

The problem I find with Mané is that he plays with his head down. Never looks up or has any situational awareness. The sitter he missed against Roma a point in case : head up,you see the keeper committing himself, you dink it over him. Instead he went for power. Other games this season he has a player waiting for a cut back for a simple tap in and he goes for glory. I think he's even lost a yard of pace, TBH.
Needs to be a bit more clever methinks
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Franky000 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:37 pm

I don’t understand some of the criticism he gets sometimes. Yes he’s a bit selfish but with his goal scoring record that can be excused. He has a great attitude as well and works his ***** off.
Franky000

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:41 am

Franky000 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:37 pm wrote:I don’t understand some of the criticism he gets sometimes. Yes he’s a bit selfish but with his goal scoring record that can be excused. He has a great attitude as well and works his ***** off.

Exactly...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Missed him today big time, anytime we rest one of the front 3 we just don't look the same. Ings is a honest trier but he just hasn't got that X factor that the other lads have got.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:39 pm

johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:46 pm

So by the looks of it our attack will be.

Firmino

Shaqiri           Salah
          Mane

I still would've preferred Fekir and let Shaq rotate with Mane.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 am

I don't think Mane getting the number 10 jersey means he will be changing position.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion