SADIO MANÉ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Mane needs shooting practise i think he is trying too hard to get a goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:14 am

The more I see of this guy, the more I believe he is not much of a team player. He is quite selfish, and does not always pass or cross the ball in from good positions. He can be wasteful also in front of goal.
The jury's out!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 am

Sadio is a very good player but i don't know whats up this season. It is like he is trying too hard to impress or score. Maybe it could be because he had the limelight last season and Salah has snatched the baton off him.

I really want Sadio to get in gear and start scoring. We've got Salah and Firmino doing the business and if Mane joins in we've got a massive chance to finish in a lucrative spot. We've lost Coutino goals so we require Mane to step up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:21 am

Its as if someone has cast an evil spell on him or has a voodoo doll that they keep sticking pins in every time he's in front of goal. He passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass, his decision making is shi't and his contribution is woeful. This time last year we were gutted that we lost him to the african cup. Now we are wishing that it was back on and he could go there instead of being here. They say good players dont become bad overnight, but Mane seems determined to prove people wrong.
Fingers crossed that he regains his composure and confidence because at the minute he is more of a hindrance than a help...
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:50 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:14 pm wrote:The more I see of this guy, the more I believe he is not much of a team player. He is quite selfish, and does not always pass or cross the ball in from good positions. He can be wasteful also in front of goal.
The jury's out!!

:D
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:17 am

The problem with Mane is he became too predictable. I know what he's gonna do before he does it himself. Last year was a big year for him and a lot of our attacks ran through him.. so teams will have studied him and worked ways to stop him! His confidence has took a knock and he looks scared of taking players on, that and maybe he's not as strong at running with the ball down the left?

I never thought his passing and contribution of the ball was great last year, but it was overlooked because he opened defences up with his runs and taking players on.. now that part of his game is being highlighted because the good part of his game has vanished.

Maybe we need a natural left winger to keep him on his toes.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:58 pm

The Everton game crushed his confidence...He never recovered since...He plays with shackles on and not a lot of thought..He needs to relax a bit and get his groove back because right now he really stinks the pitch.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Been watching videos of his from last year and the thing I noticed straight away was how quick his decision making was. He sees a pass he plays It, he shoots as soon as there's a opening. This year he seems to pause, think about what he's going to do.. and then the chance has gone.

It's all down to confidence and he's over thinking too much.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Might be an over simplification but I don't think he's been the same ever since he was moved from the right side  to the left side to make way for Salah.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:30 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm wrote:Might be an over simplification but I don't think he's been the same ever since he was moved from the right side  to the left side to make way for Salah.

I don't know it's not just Technics it's his decision making...He hurries when he needs to slow down and the opposite...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Think its fair to say his best work is on the right side just more comfortable there, less so on the left.

Still think hes a fantastic player going through a difficult patch but Salah is casting shadows over everyone lately the go to guy in red hot form.

It’s possible that Salah and Mane can switch sides as its a very flexible front 3, just plant himself on the right and hope Klopp doesnt bollok him  :laugh:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 pm

His rehabilitation is well and truly underway!
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:49 pm

Delighted for Mane he needed that well done lad well fekin done.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:51 pm

He might have got a hat trick tonight but his touch and passing was pi$$ poor. Still, hopefully this gives him back his confidence.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Bumped this because he seems to be getting a lot of stick over the amount of times he manages to not hit the net and its worth its own discussion.

Personally I think Mane has done ok this season. Certainly not on a par with his last one but up to this point he has 10 goals and 7 assists I think which is a decent return from a wide player which effectively he is. Also has to be taking into account his time out through injury.

He was a big player for us last year as we had done very little in the market. Everyone was loving him like he was a superstar much better than he actually is as well. His tally last season was only 13 goals and 5 assists. The year before it was 11 and 6. Those are good figures from a wideman but considering the chances we create it should be better but again the lad doesn't have that strikers instinct because he isn't one.

This season he has done well imo and well worth his starting berth with the squad we have. He has had some woeful misses but nonetheless picks himself up and goes again, His running is a big part of our pressing and his pace always has defenders scared even if he isn't on form.

I think he is a fairly consistent player from season to season and with many more years still to go I think he will put in one or two sure to eclipse the impact he had on his debut.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion