Rotation system - Good or bad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:34 pm

Sometimes you cant win.

You want Rafa to pick the same 11 week in week out barring injuries, but you also want him to give the youth players a chance.

Que ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:49 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Sometimes you cant win.

You want Rafa to pick the same 11 week in week out barring injuries, but you also want him to give the youth players a chance.

Que ?

Its about getting the correct mix, Leon. Of course young players need a chance, and there will always be room for that. Every club will always have two or three first team players injured at any one point in time. Then you bring in your squad players and fill the gaps. I think limited rotation is no bad thing where you might swap Traore for Warnock for a particular game, but leaving the likes of Gerrard, Alonso etc on the bench this early in the season doesn't make sense to me.

Ferguson got it down to a fine art 5 or 6 years ago. He would play his best side, injury permitting, up until January. He would then give a couple of his senior stars a break and have them back fighting fit.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:22 pm

Not a great fan of rotation, but I doI think with the pace of the game today, it is necessary to rotate (maybe a little at least) otherwise you will find that players will burn out to quickly and become injury prone.

However, as some of you have already said, the right mix has to be sought.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:22 pm

Raffa does seem to be a believer in rotating,personally i think its rubbish and only hinders form and match fitness!
In my opinion it has the opposite effect on the players than what it is intended to do!
All young players or players in their prime should be capable of playing every match unless injured,if not they need to train harder,simple as that!
Senior players such as hamman for example,though still a superb player cannot be expected to play every game as youth is not on his side. He still deserves a start at times so he can be used as opposed to say Sissoko at times. Raffa needs to sort out his best 11 and let them play together week in week out in the prem so they can gel and mantain a steady form!
Most importantly if he does have to rotate the squad i think it is crucial at least not to fu.ck about with the back 4!
Nothing as costly as a back 4 with no understanding!The foundation of any great team has always been its strength!
66-1120597113

Postby metalhead » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:28 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Sometimes you cant win.

Que ?

agree leon

look what happened to us last year! we most premiership games after a CL game because players were tired after the CL game.

im sorry... but with no rotation last year it created our inconsistancy. Rafa doesn't want to drop players for the sake of it. he wants to rotate the team in order to have fresh players to play for big games and not tired ones! look at hyppia against chelsea he was sick!!!! we needed a backup for him to make a rotation in order for hyppia to rest! thats rafa's idea! and i think its a good one
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:58 am

if we keep winning games, rotation or not.........everybody happy
darwisigila

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:32 am

Im not a big fan of the rotation system either, you play your best 11 they get used to knowing where their team mates are.
I blame the squad rotation on so many passes going astray this season so far.
The bitters got 4th last season playing the same team week in week out, Arsenals 49 games unbeaten same team week in week out again, Fergie never rotates only for cup games.
I would be very happy to see our best 11 have a run of about 10 games, apart from injury there is no excuse to rotate them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:30 am

Of course most people are going to say that they prefer that Rafa not rotate so much but the truth is that a system where it is hard to even get a game as a youngster will mean that young players wont get a chance.

e.g. Sissoko, if he didnt make the imediate impact that he did we might not have seen him once and then after losing confidence from sitting on the bench for a few months waiting for a CM to get injured. We might in the end lose a gem of a player.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:40 am

Espionage wrote:Of course most people are going to say that they prefer that Rafa not rotate so much but the truth is that a system where it is hard to even get a game as a youngster will mean that young players wont get a chance.

e.g. Sissoko, if he didnt make the imediate impact that he did we might not have seen him once and then after losing confidence from sitting on the bench for a few months waiting for a CM to get injured. We might in the end lose a gem of a player.

How so? Sissoko is a first team player, he can rotate with hamann them rotations are not the problem tinkering with the squad is.
Every time Liverpool play this season Ive never once heard there has been NO changes to the squad.
Its always Rafa Benitez makes 3 changes, 5 changes, against chelsea though it was only one with Riise coming back into the team. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion