Rotation - Revisited

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:42 am

Babu commented

Yes ok.

So having a 'fixed squad' nowadays is no benefit at all?

Thats seems strange to me.   :O

Well, the thread that Ciggy initially started had some topic drifting and we ended up talking about things that deserve a thread or a revisit of the topic by themselves.

Of course a fixed squad has benefits. Strikers for instance, are very dependant on form, confidence, and having continuous spells in the team. In that sense, a fixed squad helps a lot.

Playing a fixed squad also helps a team to work as a team.

So I think the debate of rotation is not a black and white debate, each option has pros and cons.

For me Rafa applies well rotation except in some games. What we did against Arsenal in the cup competitions, quite frankly, is to give up that competition. And that was a shame. Playing a different keeper, a position that is critical for the team, with different centre backs, and players like Guthrie, is not rotation, IMHO, but throwing away a cup. That was a mistake, and I admit it.

But rotation as in what we played against city, with Mascherano instead of Sissoko, and giving Crouch a rest is ok.

Both because you keep your players fresh and because when you have many quality men in your squad you can find a player that suits better a game than another. Crouch will be more useful against some teams than others.

It's an interesting debate, and I don't think that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

It's been a while since we don't discuss this, so please, do!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:46 am

i think the discussion is working well enough in ciggies thread without a new one being added, there is also a rotation thread in existence
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:52 am

Thank you for your constructive criticism.

If there's a thread about rotation going on, please tell me where as I could not find any since February, I probably missed it.

But I do feel like talking about rotation especifically, here or in that other thread.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:55 am

well its up to people if they want to post in here, but i think the current thread is also covering it, maybe merge this into that one since you are quoting babus comment from that thread
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:59 am

I think you two should get a room ............ you seem to be talking now :D
66-1112520797

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:59 am

FFS  :sleep
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:00 pm

Yes, that's known as crossposting and is done when a new topic is that born somewhere else is started. Nothing wrong with it, AFAICT. And the quote of Babu is what inspired my will to discuss that alone.  I see your point, but if we mix tactics, rotation, feelings, and everything in one thread it might become messy.

Your point about existing another thread on rotation is very correct though, where is it?
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:02 pm

WTF? I see Peewee discussing about football and commenting about the forum in a civil way. There's nothing wrong in his manners, and I think there's nothing wrong in my answers neither!!

Please, rotation, here or somewhere else, I don't care! but rotation!!! thoughts!! :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:02 pm

yeah i think peewee is still frustrated after the game
anyway, i think rotation is clearly overused i liverpool case. The first requirement must be consistency. After that is the question of how to sustain that which means rotation comes in. I really think rafa got to learn this lesson!
whylongball?

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:06 pm

Close the thread Sabre,  and Peewee, put up or shut up. Its fooki.n old as it is in General Chat without this banal shi.te creepin' into the football forums.  :no
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:09 pm

JBG, I'll close the thread, but I'd like to understand why should I. (PM or otherwise)

If there's another thread talking about it, point me out. Otherwise, I feel like revisiting this football topic because in the other one we are talking about many things!!

Well, to be honest I don't care, and if 2 decent members think that this should be closed, then ok.
Let's keep the footie discussion somewhere else.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion