Robbie fowler (fairy tale) - The way it will go tonight!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:48 am

I can't wait for tonight its going to be unreal!!  What i want to ask people how they think it will go tonight a fairy tale,
I think rafa will start with robbie on the bench, as we all know he needs to get fitter to last 90min. But what better way Robbie being introduced in the 70th min having his own moment getting a reception i think will never be seen again from us reds for the return of God...

I can see it now it will be unreal!! rafa will do this as well i can just see it there will be a tear in robbie's eye tonight when he is brought on as a 70th minute sub. There is no better way in front of a sell out Anfield to greet our returning prodical son.

Then to top a perfect evening off we are leading 2-0 and God nips in to make his mark scoring in front of the kop and the place going wild to end a perfect evening on his fairy tale return in a 3-0 win..

God i can't wait for tonight......     :bowdown  :bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:52 am

yup, I can see him being brought on around 70mins by which time i reckin we'll already have the game pretty much wrapped up at 2-0. dunno if he'll score or not but anfield will be ROCKING tonight when he comes out, but if he DOES score it's gonna go absolutely BALLISTIC   :buttrock  i'm there tonight on the kop, cannot f*ckin wait! :buttrock  :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:58 am

so it'll be a diar 0-0 bore draw then.

ONLY KIDDING! :D       3-0 the reds!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:10 pm

I can see 0-0 , morientes and cisse missing sitters,

FOWLER 11 steps ups , the board goes up 9

Anfield errupts , Stevie runs down the wing, cuts inside , plays it to robbie on the edge of the box, GOAL placed into bottom corner!!!  GOD IS BACK  - tomorrows headlines!!!"
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:53 pm

offtopic, (not worth new thread)

Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler was allegedly stopped for speeding yesterday morning.

It is claimed that the new signing was stopped by police officers and given an on-the-spot fine of £60 and three penalty points - they weren't the points he was hoping to secure since returning to the club from Manchester City.

Reports state that Fowler was stopped on the same road where pedestrian Harry Nelson was struck by Steve Finnan almost a year to the day. Mr Nelson died five weeks later.

A Merseyside police officer said: "A man was stopped and issued with a fixed penalty notice and three points on his licence."
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:02 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:offtopic, (not worth new thread)

Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler was allegedly stopped for speeding yesterday morning.

It is claimed that the new signing was stopped by police officers and given an on-the-spot fine of £60 and three penalty points - they weren't the points he was hoping to secure since returning to the club from Manchester City.

Reports state that Fowler was stopped on the same road where pedestrian Harry Nelson was struck by Steve Finnan almost a year to the day. Mr Nelson died five weeks later.

A Merseyside police officer said: "A man was stopped and issued with a fixed penalty notice and three points on his licence."

:D  :bowdown
115-1073096938

Postby ynwa » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:30 pm

love it for fowler to get a last min gaol at the kop end love it
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:24 pm

ynwa wrote:love it for fowler to get a last min gaol at the kop end love it

Have you been hanging out with Kevin Keegan?  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:36 pm

He will go to WW and tell him to stop talking bollox!  after scoring the winner - kop end
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:54 pm

Back at the Kop Feb 1 2006

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

ANFIELD is bracing itself for the second coming tonight - but Robbie Fowler's Liverpool return is likely to be as a substitute.

Fowler has begun an intensive training programme under the guidance of assistant boss Pako Ayesteran and is still short of match fitness.

Manager Rafa Benitez never reveals his line-up to the players until an hour before kick-off, but the indications suggest Fowler will be included in the 16-man squad.

That will give The Kop its first glimpse of the legendary striker since his dramatic return to the club.

The Fowler factor will generate an emotionally charged atmosphere for the visit of Birmingham. Rarely has a transfer created so much excitement at Anfield, and Fowler is naturally relishing the opportunity to re-acquaint himself with an adoring public.

And he's sure the adrenalin rush will carry him through his second debut, no matter how long he's on the pitch.

"Coming back to Liverpool has given me a big buzz and I feel fine. Put 90 minutes in front of me now and I'll run them," said Fowler. "If the manager needs me in any capacity I'll be ready to help him out."

Fowler isn't the only recent signing hoping for the call tonight. Daniel Agger is also itching for a taste of action following his £5.8m move from Brondby. The Dane is also in contention to face Steve Bruce's side.

Im getting all emotional now with the anticipation its just gona go feckin wild with excitement, get this old song sung as load as you can.
When the bal hits the net, it's a very safe bet that it's Fowler. Robbie Fowler.
And when Liverpool score you will hear the Kop roar oh it's Fowler. Robbie Fowler.
Ian Rush, Roger Hunt, who's the best man up front it is Fowler. Robbie Fowler.
He's the king of the kop, he's the best of the lot, Robbie Fowler!

------------------------------------------------Another article from the echo.

Fowler: I'm ready and raring to go Feb 1 2006

By David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

THE best he can hope for is a place on the substitutes' bench - but Robbie Fowler doesn't care.

"You know what?" he declared. "I'm just looking forward to putting a shirt on and coming here on match day. It will be something . . . I can't even tell you what it will feel like. I'm just so looking forward to when that finally happens.

"Whether the manager will want me tonight I don't know. This squad now is a very, very good squad. Who knows? But I'll be ready whenever I'm needed."

If Fowler does get the nod to sit in the Anfield dug-out against Birmingham tonight, it will being his football career satisfyingly full circle.

His last act as a Liverpool player was to sit forlornly in his tracksuit after being hauled off at half-time in a home match against Sunderland.

Tonight he would relish being in the same position.

"It's bad when you come off in any game. But when you come off and you have an inkling it could be your last game, I was very upset," he confessed. "But thankfully that's in the past. I'm here now so I don't need to say goodbye, I can say hello again.

"I don't feel like a new boy. I felt nervous when I was coming into training on Saturday. It was just like a nervous excitement. But I don't feel new at all.

"The lads are still the same boys, I've met the lads I haven't played with out and about and I've always got on with them.

"I'm actually half expecting it to be different this week. Because there was a game on Sunday against Portsmouth they were a bit low key towards me. I don't know how it will be in the next week or so. The flak hasn't started flying yet but I'm half expecting it."

Fowler's return will ensure a capacity crowd at Anfield tonight, with an air of expectancy around the stadium.

Every jog towards the Kop will be greeted by roars of approval, without the need to even raise five fingers.

And if the match goes according to plan, there may even be a late run out to raise the roof off the stadium.

And what about the prospect of a 172nd Liverpool goal?

Rafa Benitez has already envisaged the moment - and hopes it comes down at the Spion Kop.

"I think starting games now is too soon," explained the Reds' boss, "but he is working with the physios and the fitness coach and I think that he can play games sometimes because he is very, very clever and has good movement.

"We will see in training if he can play part of the game against Birmingham on Wednesday.

"Cisse and Morientes are players who can score a lot of goals. They have done in France and in Spain. But Robbie has the mentality for the English league.

"He's another kind of striker, he's a good finisher and also he has different movements to the others.

"I have friends in Liverpool and they have told me how important Robbie was and is here.

"You also read the newspapers and see that he is a very good player with a lot of good memories here. I would like to see him score his first goal for us in front of the Kop!

"But now we need to work with him and try to improve his physical condition and see how he plays with other players like Gerrard for example.

"The first idea was that he is a good finisher. Then he gives us other alternatives in attack. We can use Cisse on the right side as the other day, but we will always have a player near the box.

"I think he is the kind of player that can always give you something. If he's playing well, fantastic. If he doesn't play at his level maybe he can give to us other things in the dressing room because his enthusiasm is contagious."

That enthusiasm had to be channelled into dealing with a deluge of well-wishers over the weekend.

"On Friday my phone never stopped. It was red hot," explained Fowler. "Coming back I half-expected a bit of publicity but the amount of press coverage, radio reports and TV stories has been nothing short of magnificent and I have been very, very grateful.

"I don't think there's that much expectation. There's been a lot of good, good publicity and I'm very grateful for it. But people obviously know what I can do and I know what I can do. If I achieve a third of what I did here last time then it's happy days."

Fowler has played first team football recently - and scored goals. And he feels ready to step up if needed.

"I missed a large portion of the season with a back injury at the start, but I feel good now," he added. "I think the lads at Man City had a good partnership up front, the manager was happy with them and I found it difficult to dislodge them.

"All I could do is try and train well and I don't think anybody had any complaints.

"Regardless of what people think I am only 30.

"Obviously you have players still around like Teddy Sheringham who are 39/40 and when you are in the position to carry on doing something you love doing it's pointless packing it in.

"I have six months here and if I can do well I want to stay here.

"I've not thought about part-nerships or anything like that. I got a little call saying would I like to come back and the answer was YES in capital letters. But as regards who will play I couldn't tell you."

Fowler did have a special thank you message to former boss Stuart Pearce, however.

The Manchester City manager agreed to release the striker last Friday.

Fowler said: "I've played with Stuart Pearce in the past and I think he knew deep down that I always wanted to be here. They were very, very good on Friday.

"He actually scared me at one stage when he said he wanted £2m and I thought 'Oh no, it's never going to happen'.

But then he said 'I'm only pulling your leg' which was a relief. He was very good."
:D

The joke left Fowler sporting a relieved smile.

Tonight he hopes to be grinning ecstatically from ear to ear - a look which could prove contagious.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:09 am

ynwa wrote:love it for fowler to get a last min gaol at the kop end love it

Nearly oh so nearly   :oh:    :eyebrow
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion