Robbie fowler - Still a legend!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jymbojetset » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:12 pm

Big Niall wrote:you are all remembering the fowler who burst onto the scene and scored goals all over the place for a few years. after his initial injury he didn't do it for LFC, He had a number of poor seasons back to back. I was glad to get £11m for him.

He was great but so was John Barnes, do you want him back on the wing?

We can all dream though!
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:20 pm

We got 11m for him, surely w could pay 3m and it would be a good signing, lets face it we haven't got strength in depth up front.  Cisse is unproven in the premiership although looks good, Baros plays with his head down and Pongolie, still has a lot to prove.  LFC has lacked an elder statesman since McAlister left and all the top clubs have someone with an old head on their shoullders, now Im not saying Robbies the one for that job, but it could be worse
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby jymbojetset » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:23 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:LFC has lacked an elder statesman since McAlister left and all the top clubs have someone with an old head on their shoullders, now Im not saying Robbies the one for that job, but it could be worse

As much as I idolise (still!) Robbie, the though of him being the elder and responsible statesman in the team is as likely as Bob Paisley being manager again.

Dreaming again!

Though I do agree, we are missing the type of character you mention.
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bpm1976 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:12 pm

I was more gutted when Fowler left than Owen, although wish both were still here! Not sure if Fowler can get back that edge he had in front of goal on a regular basis which he seemed to lose when he left us.If he has a good season and stays free of injury, who knows!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby fritzylfc » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:09 pm

sir robbie was a legend, when he got taken out by southall in the derby game he never really got over thay injury. great memories i would like to keep them that way. :) :) :)
fritzylfc

Postby madred » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:16 pm

Although i have fond memories of Robbie and all his goalscoring exploits, to talk about signing him back is just silly really. Some people just want that out of sentiment & not for reasons of him being able to improve the team. The halcyon days are long gone and i think his Liverpool career was stale and it was the right time when he moved on.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:24 pm

11 million was great business. Robbie's best days are well behind him. He was a true Anfield legend in his time at the club but injuries blunted his sharpness and he never reganied it in my view. Robbie is God but i don't think he has much to offer us now
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:27 pm

When I see Robbie in another teams colours I still think hes in red. It just dont seem right. Leaving Liverpool crushed Fowler. I doubt he will recover. But to return and make up our four strikers would be magical. We can only dream.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby charwell » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:28 am

Re-sign Fowler, you guys are on another planet! He was washed up when we sold him, why would we want a second rate striker now? As much of a joy as it was to watch him play in his pomp towards the end of his Anfield career his fitness was shocking. I saw him about 3 times out in town and at Chester races, and he was salmon pink and clearly bevvied. Hardly helped prolong what could have been a wonderful career. Shame, was a waste of a divine talent.
charwell

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion