Robbie fowler autobiography

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:59 am

If other people can do a cut and paste job, then so can I.

Anyway.......

AMAZON LINK

Synopsis

The controversial and explosive autobiography of one of the greatest strikers of all time. Pronounced as the greatest goalscoring talent since Jimmy Greaves, seventeen-year old Robbie Fowler was immediately catapulted to fame and fortune. The thin, baby-faced Toxteth lad, who had trampled the same streets as the rioters, was now a millionaire, an idol and inspiration to every kid who kicked a football. Yet his incredible potential was never quite realised. Injuries and persistent rumours of drug abuse and depression meant that though Fowler remains one of the most celebrated of Premiership stars, he never became the world-beater so many predicted. This is a fascinating and unbelievably frank insight into the beautiful game, taking us behind the closed doors of professional football to expose what really happens at both club and international level. This is a truthful and candid account of an incredible career, examining not just the records and the glory, but the low points and the miseries of a footballing life that many people now believe somewhere, somehow went badly wrong. Brilliance and controversy have stalked Robbie Fowler from his five goal performance in only his second full game for Liverpool, to his snorting of the touchline in the Merseyside derby. In this utterly compelling autobiography, Robbie Fowler looks back on what was, what wasn't and what might have been. This is the story of one of the game's true icons, and the story of the modern game itself

From the Inside Flap

After scoring six goals in his first two senior games, the seventeen-year old Robbie Fowler was pronounced the greatest goal-scoring talent since Jimmy Greaves. It was the beginning of the turbulent, majestic and fascinating career of the striker the Kop called 'God.'

In this utterly candid autobiography, Robbie Fowler looks back on what was, what wasn't and what might have been - as well as looking to the future. Fowler is the story of one of the game's true icons, and the story of the modern game itself.

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
jonnymac1979

Postby Gaffa » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:40 pm

you read it matey?
It's a moiisanite.

A wha-a-nite?

A moiisanite is a artifical diamond Lincoln, it's mickey mouse mate, spirious, not genuine, and it's worth......Feck all
Gaffa

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:21 pm

I remember Fowler scoring against Fulham at Craven Cottage on his debut. It was a league cup game and we had some terrible injuries. In the few days before the press were talking about this wonderkid that Souness was going to play.

A couple of days later he started against Arsenal at Anfield in a League game. I think the match ended 0-0 and Fowler missed a few good chances, but looked extremely sharp and lively.

The following week we played Fulham in the return leg at Anfield and Fowler bagged 5 goals, and the rest is history.

Could of, and should have, become the greatest goalscoring forward the British game has ever seen, as by the age of 23 he had amounted an incredible tally of goals. Injuries then started to hit him, and I think that the times he spent recuperating from his wounds made him soft, as he became increasingly distracted by off the field persuits.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:59 pm

"When we Had "God" on our side"[/U][B]

The streets around Craven Cottage, home of Fulham FC  were flooded on September 22nd 1993 and if you just happened to be a fan Of Liverpoool FC life wasn't at it's greatest. But whilst we walked through the storm under not so golden skys we didn't know we were about to witness a happening of biblical proportions. Or put it another way, Robbie Fowler made his debut. I dare say Fulham had no idea who he was but within a fortnight they knew his name. He scored on his debut, got 5 in the return leg, would bag an hatrick later in the season , break his leg and comeback to score the winning goal in the last ever "derby" to be played before the old Kop; quite a first season in the big time !

We would come to know him as "God" and this son of Toxteth, once a blue but definitely a Red was heaven sent. Suddenly you wanted to be there when Fowler played for Liverpool. He could be good, he could be great, he could be totally outrageous or he could be downright ****** but you always wanted to be there because you never knew what he could conjure up when all seemed lost.

They do say that Steve Staunton is still trying to undo himself after being turned inside out by Robbie in that game against Villa in 1996. A FOUR minute hatrick aginst Arsenal, goals against the Mancs that had the Red Nosed Rudolph fuming for months, goals against the Bluesnoses that had them wishing they;d kept their mouths shut, we saw great goals, sly goals and simple goals, we got the lot when we had Robbie Fowler.

I once read that Robbie Fowler epitomised Scouse and that might be right but whatever your opinions about his departure you surely have to admit he took a little bit of Liverpool with him. The unpredictable magic, the Scally and a fair sized chunk of the "Scouse Heart" as well. I will always love watching Liverpool but I have to admit I loved it a little bit more when we had God with us !

Robbie Fowler would have been more of a legend in the old days;he's have broken all scoring records and won more medals than he could have dreamed of. He'd have loved the football played by the team in the 70's and 80's, loved the social side as well, not to mention the chips on the way home from away games!

Legends are born, not made. In 10 years time as we watch a team of robots play the game we might yearn for the Toxteth Terror and the days when we had God on our side.:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:45 am

Think I might grab myself a copy of that, still got to read Tomkins book though.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:06 am

After being spoilt by all the success of the 80s i was in complete denial for nearly whole 90s about how far we had slipped from top of the heap.
One of reasons that helped the denial was Robbie Fowler
While i dont put the player before the team, he is one players departures despite all his flaws which really gutted me
Looks like one that i have to be picking up myself
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:51 pm

Gonna purchase this one for sure. Personally i loved Fowler because he loved playing for our club as much as we would, he played for the supporters and was a real man of the people. He had his problems but to me he was a genious on the pitch, his goals were breath taking and came in all shapes and sizes, you really didnt know what to expect from him coz he could be so outragous at times. A great footballing personality.  :bowdown
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Xabi_14 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:28 pm

Robbie brought hope to a team that was struggling.  We were a team that had fallen behind but his commitment and desire to help bring back the good times filled us with hope.  He knew what the club meant to the fans and I cant remember seeing him not trying his best to score, even when he had a bad game.  What ever happened before he left, he will always be loved by us and I think he realised just how much we adore him.  I still look out for Robbie when he plays and am glad when he scores (as long as it's not against us) and like other people think he should have been a top international and would have been if given a proper run in the national side.
Xabi_14

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:18 am

DEFINITELY going to read this.

Probably my favourite LFC player in his time here, absolute legend.  I remember his debut V Fulham (5 goals was it?).  His goals in those 4-3 epics V Newcastle will never be forgotten.  A wasted talent in the end
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:01 pm

i would buy it but i'm still reading my harry potter book! :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:17 pm

I was at the Man C away game a couple of months ago(absolute feckin shocker !) and this guy was the best player on the park ! by a long chalk. :blues:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:33 pm

JBG wrote:I remember Fowler scoring against Fulham at Craven Cottage on his debut.

Yea I got free tickets to that game due to playing for Fulham youth team!!!

There I was 12 yrs old in the away end (with MY fans  :bowdown ) all alone...But it didnt matter, I was at a game all alone, and free to do as i wanted......But then disaster struck..............I saw one of my f.ucking teachers in the terrace too (TYPICAL, all alone, but still someone who might see me getting up to mischief! B.astad), so I layed low as I didnt excatly want to talk to a teacher OUTSIDE of school....I mean if I was seen........ohhh the ridicule.....'what is he your best friend' etc; you knwo what boys are like!! (well men are not much different are we??).

Anyway, I have yet to read this book, but jut added it to my 'To Read' list.

YNWA - Robbie = Anfield Legend!!!!!!!!!   :bowdown
76-1115222408

Postby Woollyback » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:01 am

Until 25th may 2005 i would say that the finest footballing moment i had ever seen was fowler's 3 and a half minute hatrick against arsenal. To do that to any team would've been amazing, to to that against the best defence the premiership had ever seen was simply beyond words and something that only a very select band of players could ever achieve. And for it to be done by a true son of the city of liverpool made it all the better

robbie will always be a legend for us 'pool fans, he just had taht "je ne sais quois" that owen could never even come close to

I'll certainly be buying his book
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zuokao » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:03 am

hei ! guys ! how could i get such a precious book ?!!!?? i am a chinese kop !

anyone help me ??????
Robbie fowler 4ever !!
zuokao

Postby laza » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:55 am

zuokao wrote:hei ! guys ! how could i get such a precious book ?!!!?? i am a chinese kop !

anyone help me ??????

When it comes available you may want to get it through

www.amazon.com   

The link is in J-Mac original post at the top of the thread

cheers L
Last edited by laza on Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion