Rm or cm - What happen if rafa still can't find rm?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:24 am

Yeah its already happened in the prem. Chelsea are unstoppable and something should be done about it for the good of English football. Us, the mancs and arsenal have been give the job of stopping the machine
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:47 am

Yeah its already happened in the prem. Chelsea are unstoppable and something should be done about it for the good of English football. Us, the mancs and arsenal have been give the job of stopping the machine

:D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:20 am

I might be going against the norm here....but looking at our previous matches...what we need now is a "natural" goal scoring striker in the mould of fowler & owen...

Cisse is out of it...I am one of his biggest supporters here, but our "most dangerous" striker looks like a pu$$y nowadays.

And Moro...., yeah he scored 2 goals against boro, but he is also missing loads of his trademark headers (i thught he was one of the best headers of the ball...why does he keep heading at the keeper ?). And i don't think crouch and moro can ever form a good partnership....

So i would spend the money to get a striker and a young CB this january. Gerrard can continue at right wing (He is also world class in the position)..
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:37 am

Whilst Gerrard is a good temporary solution to the right flank, his presence in center of midfield would be missed if he were to play the entire season on the flank.

We need a right winger and a centerback, we can't afford to buy a striker in January. For a striker to score goals he needs service, and we first need to sort out the problems on the right in order to provide that service.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:57 am

Gerrard & Alonso are the best midfield combo in the premiership...

Alonso & sissoko are the 2nd best modfield combo in the premiership....  :D

I see no problem for gerrard to continue at the right wing (seeing how we even have hamann in the wings).

note...

Alonso & Hamann are the 4th best midfield combo....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:02 am

What happens when Sissoko and/or Hamman get suspended/injured? We have to move Gerrard back into center and we would still be missing on the right flank. Garcia can play there, but he's no winger, we all know that. We go back to square one.

This is why it's important for us to actually sign a good right winger. It will bite us in the :censored: at the end if we don't.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:40 am

What happens when Sissoko and/or Hamman get suspended/injured? We have to move Gerrard back into center and we would still be missing on the right flank. Garcia can play there, but he's no winger, we all know that. We go back to square one.This is why it's important for us to actually sign a good right winger. It will bite us in the  at the end if we don't.

Back to the question .

Who is that lucky guy that going to play in RM?
and
What happen if we still can't get the right player?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:48 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
What happens when Sissoko and/or Hamman get suspended/injured? We have to move Gerrard back into center and we would still be missing on the right flank. Garcia can play there, but he's no winger, we all know that. We go back to square one.This is why it's important for us to actually sign a good right winger. It will bite us in the  at the end if we don't.

Back to the question .

Who is that lucky guy that going to play in RM?
and
What happen if we still can't get the right player?

If we can't find a suitable right winger, so be it. Gerrard can ply his trade on the flank since we have 3 other central midfielders at our disposal. Should Gerrard be pushed back to central midfield, we could stick Garcia or Sinama-Pongolle on the right and even Kewell if worse comes to worse. I mean what I'm trying to say is that it would not be an immense loss if we do not find a suitable right winger and is in any case better then throwing money into the sea.
Last edited by MilitiaRusher on Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:54 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:If we can't find a suitable right winger, so be it. Gerrard can ply his trade on the flank since we have 3 other central midfielders at our disposal. Should Gerrard be pushed back to central midfield, we could stick Garcia or Sinama-Pongolle on the right and even Kewell if worse comes to worse. I mean what I'm trying to say is that it would not be an immense loss if we do not find a suitable right winger and is in any case better then throwing money into the sea.

can't put it better myself....

I think our team has reached a point whereby if we are gonna buy a player he has to be quality........ If we are gonna buy a RW who is not even 1/2 as good as gerrard (as a RWer...), then i rather we save that money....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:01 am

I hope rafa has a good lineup of possible right wingers set up in the transfer window to strengthen our first team
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:26 am

So whats this cesar we are linked with like is he any good, not sure about collicini bit inconsistant i think, to be honest i would go all out for kompany then if joaquin or simao are available for a decent ammo :censored: in the summer go for either of these. We are coping well in the middle, rotating it real well with gerrard playing games either out wide or inside, like people have said don't want to disrupt the team playing really well to much, with new signings. In rafa we know he won't blow money on a player to play right that won't improve the team so will wait :censored:il end of season if he has to, This is why i can see galletti coming on loan in january if we can't get simao or joaquin.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:12 pm

Any let hope that rafa will get the player that he wants ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:15 pm

Any let hope that rafa will get the player that he wants ....

Anyway let hope that rafa will get the player that he wants ....
LiverpoolMadman

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion