I find myself......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:31 pm

I don't really think any of these fans actually want the team to get beat - Not once the whistle blows and the ganme starts. I just think the majority of us are s##t scared Houllier will be here next season. I'm s##t scared we will miss out on O'neil in the summer. I think Brian Reade's article is spot on. If we don't move for O'neil early in the summer he will end up at Newcastle or Chelsea or perhaps even the Skum.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:27 pm

You're right, no fan wants to see the team lose but I can understand where people are coming from.
Houllier is taking the team nowhere and should go but if we somehow scrape into 4th, I honestly think he'll be here for another year.
He's determined to hang on and if we get into the champions league then regardless of how p*ss poor the team has played I can't see the board taking action.
It's bloody depressing but for the long term good of the club I'd sooner we missed out on the CL this time and got rid of GH.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:37 pm

Our manager is useless, we have too mant cr#p players, we have no system, one of England's finest strikers has had it because he is surrounded by clowns, and there has rarley been such a chasm between the fans and those who are running this club.

Apparently United are having a really bad season and their defence is meant to be useless. Well, they are 19 points ahead of us and have conceded fewer than us. They will qualify for the CL without question and they have a semi final coming up.

As for us, we have played a combination of Portsmouth and Southampton five times already this year, losing four and drawing once. We are no better than the pile of other teams scrambling for fourth spot........Birmingham, Charlton, Newcastle, Fulham, Villa, Spurs.

Those Houllier sycophants who get on this board now and again should get hold of a video recording of what Arsenal did to Portsmouth about ten days ago. Now that's what I call football. That's what we should be aspiring to. We are years away from this level and probably further away than we have ever been.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby long sleeved joe » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:56 pm

I've supported LFC all my life but and as a club we have always (since Shankly) set very high standards. I think all reds fans will have to admit though that because of this and the success we have enjoyed we are a bit spoilt.
I've got friends who support teams who have really struggled over the years eg Brighton who are without a ground and were facing ther prospect of dropping into the non-league thanks to being ripped off by a corrupt board, despite this the fans are behind the club more than ever and this season they are looking like getting into the div 2 play offs.
Another example is Portsmouth who when 5-0 down against arsenal made more noise than I've heard at Anfield for a long time.
When i hear that fans are hoping we will lose so we can get a new manager i'm embarrassed because you support a club through everything and at the most basic level support means you want your team to win
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby seananddarragh23 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:04 pm

WE USE THIS BOARD TO SAY THINGS WE WOULD NOT UTTER IN PUBLIC.
Since the 71 cup final I,ve been aloyal supporter.
What we say here is not forpublic consumption.
We need to let off steam and nobodyreguardless of what they say want us to lose.
Its just afeeling of despiration and a desire o turn things around
seananddarragh23

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:41 pm

long sleeved joe, I like the picture of your signature, look very impressive, mate.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:15 am

I'm glad you kept your message short Stan because every time I come to read a post by your I end up being hypnotised by your avatar.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:07 am

When we don't win i'm practically in tears, when we score i become very emotional and passionate and its one of the greatest feelings there is.

To score for Liverpool, (i imagine) would be the greatest feeling ever. If i could have one wish, it would be to play a game in which we win and me score a goal infront of the Kop. I wouldn't be able to stop myself crying i really wouldn't.

If anyone truely comes out of the ground happy we lost, you don't support the club.

Its that simple.
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion