Rafas buying talent ability

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:10 pm

s@int wrote:Which is kinda the point of this thread that Rafa doesnt always get it right :D

Well, no manager gets it right and it's very easy with hindsight to say which was the better option, who knows what would have happened had we kept Cisse instead of bringing in Bellamy - Rafa obviously did it on the basis that in his opinion Bellamy was the better player.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:12 pm

If none of Rafa's signings have been a disaster what were Cisse, Diouf and Diao? £30m of sh!t.

They were good signings!!!!

compared to Cheyrou and Diomede :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:15 pm

Rush Job wrote:Has everyone forgotten about the Bulgarian striker we have for next season? proberly, hard to see were he's going to fit in.

I mentioned him.... but I think I got away with it  :D

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:16 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Bob thats the exact point mate. We don't need major surgery. But we need absoloute class to come in to take us to another level. People bang on about options, and options of course are great.

Come that summer though, Rafa spent £30,000,000 and managed to weaken the squad now taking us to 4-6 players away.

You say that but wouldn't you consider players who are better than the current team that need to come in top class?

After all you agreed with Bob in a post he made suggesting we needed 2-3 top players MAXIMUM, that we didn't need major surgery, and then you went on to say we needed AT LEAST 3 top class players, which is it, you chop and change all the time.

Given that you don't want to see squad players coming in and that you have said before we need top class to come in not "options". Is it 4-6 top class players or just 2 or 3 as you agreed with Bob about, you dismissed people talking about "options" so presumably they must all be players who are top class.

Read the posts. I clearly state we needed 4-6 players. Not 2-3. I clearly state I agree in principle with what Bob says in that we don't need major surgery. I also said I don't consider 4-6 players major surgery as its less than 25% of the squad.

The numbers we have are correct, its just the quality that is lacking.

You seem to be two stupid to understand that.

What we lack is an attacking threat. So the logical thing to do is bring in better strikers and a better supply. Away from home we're also vunerable to both counter attacking goals and set peices due to a major lack of both pace and arial ability. We also conceed possession to much as Riise, Agger, Alonso and Gerrard all like a glory pass, or in the first two's case... aimless punt.

The fact of the matter is, we aren't good enough. We finished a rediculous amount of points behind the leaders yet again...

And you're happy with what we have and think thats quality? ???
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:18 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:You seem to be two stupid to understand that.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

P!ssing myself!!!!!!!!!
LFC2007

Postby shanks » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:21 pm

stu crease's me up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:21 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

P!ssing myself!!!!!!!!!

Its probably just your age  :D

Dont go off on one just a joke

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:23 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Bob thats the exact point mate. We don't need major surgery. But we need absoloute class to come in to take us to another level. People bang on about options, and options of course are great.

Come that summer though, Rafa spent £30,000,000 and managed to weaken the squad now taking us to 4-6 players away.

You say that but wouldn't you consider players who are better than the current team that need to come in top class?

After all you agreed with Bob in a post he made suggesting we needed 2-3 top players MAXIMUM, that we didn't need major surgery, and then you went on to say we needed AT LEAST 3 top class players, which is it, you chop and change all the time.

Given that you don't want to see squad players coming in and that you have said before we need top class to come in not "options". Is it 4-6 top class players or just 2 or 3 as you agreed with Bob about, you dismissed people talking about "options" so presumably they must all be players who are top class.

Read the posts. I clearly state we needed 4-6 players. Not 2-3. I clearly state I agree in principle with what Bob says in that we don't need major surgery. I also said I don't consider 4-6 players major surgery as its less than 25% of the squad.

Given that you said we shouldn't be thinking about "options" any more, the CLEAR implication is that those 4-6 players must be at least top quality players.

I consider 4-6 top players major surgery which is the principle that Bob was making a point against.

So you agree with Bob's principle, yet you think we need 4-6 players that are not "options" - excuse me for making the inference but if "options" are not squad players then what are they?
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:24 pm

s@int wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

P!ssing myself!!!!!!!!!

Its probably just your age  :D

Dont go off on one just a joke

Any opportunity
LFC2007

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:24 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Its not about what he's wasted. NONE of Rafa's signings have been a disaster, none of them have been what I'd class as poor. All have served a purpose.

Again I will say it, the problem I have is, he's not signed enough quality. He's signed decent players when he could have had excellent players for the same money.

But you said he's come nowhere near Houllier in terms of signings, so I'm assuming you consider Diouf, Diao, Biscan, Heggem and co all to have served a purpose, what purpose did Diao and Diouf serve exactly?

If none of Rafa's signings have been a disaster what were Cisse, Diouf and Diao? £30m of sh!t.

Yet Rafa has yet to reach Houllier's level of ability in signing players!  :O

Oh right, why don't we compare Frode Kippe to Alonso aswell?

What about comparing Patrice Luzi to Reina aswell to strengthen your case even further... Infact, why don't we also just for the fun of it, compare signing Mascherano with Bruno Cheyrou...

How about we look at things in a little more perspective...

Hyypia instead of Josemi
Babbel instead of Kromkamp
Finnan instead of Arbeloa
Henchoz instead of Hobbs/Antwi/Roque/Pellegrino
Riise instead of Insua
Hamann instead of Nunez

Oh wait... they wouldn't suit ur arguement would they?

:no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:26 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

P!ssing myself!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't be the first time.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:27 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Given that you said we shouldn't be thinking about "options" any more, the CLEAR implication is that those 4-6 players must be at least top quality players.

I consider 4-6 top players major surgery which is the principle that Bob was making a point against.

So you agree with Bob's principle, yet you think we need 4-6 players that are not "options" - excuse me for making the inference but if "options" are not squad players then what are they?

So you're nit picking over what you think is and isn't major surgery because you can't find any other point?

:laugh: Bellend.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Gerrard, Alonso,Sissoko and Mascherano are all options to play CM I wouldn't class any of them as squad players.

I think thats what Stu is meaning, quality options rather than squad players.

By the time I'v posted you have moved on three times  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:31 pm

s@int wrote:Gerrard, Alonso,Sissoko and Mascherano are all options to play CM I wouldn't class any of them as squad players.

I think thats what Stu is meaning, quality options rather than squad players.

Personally I'd count both Sissoko and Mascherano as squad players... BUT good squad players. Players who have a use and aren't so limited that when you put them in the team (ala Zenden) you're effectively playing with 10 men.

In other words thats pretty much what I meant.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:31 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

P!ssing myself!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't be the first time.

You're as thick as two short planks.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion