Players with ability that have failed to produce..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:26 am

Kewell, Cheyrou, Luis Garcia and Vladimir Smicer.

What do they all have in common?

They're confidence players that get endless stick off the crowd.

Something for the match goers to think about.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:36 am

Hi Stu , I haven't heard much stick directed at Garcia to be honest. Cheyrou is history and Smicer has had how many opportunities to deliver but hasn;t. Squad player at best IMO.

Kewell's probably the most frustrating player of the ones you mentioned but you failed to name Biscan , Traore , Nunez, Rise at times and Dudek :D

I'm no boo buy anyway Stu and I always try to see some good in all the players and certainly wouldn't slate them from the stands ........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:14 am

Hi Stu , I haven't heard much stick directed at Garcia to be honest

:O
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:22 am

At the GAMES :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:23 am

:D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:23 am

On here fair enough but not at the actual games where As Stu is implying players of the ilk of Garcia and Kewell etc.....are losing confidence .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:27 am

I agree, Garcia has lost the confidence he had when he first started playing for us but he hasn't played as poorely in the past two games as he has before in this slump of a form he's in. He's surpassed Robert Pires 1st season goal record already and I hope he becomes a more of a consistant player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liamac » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:48 am

Garcia is adapting to the  premiership , it was his  "honeymoon" period when the season started , yes his form dipped along with his confidence , but he is starting to find his form again and like  A.B. said , he has done better than Pires in his first season, nuff said .:blues:
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:09 am

Kewell is the most disapointing of all of them. I know the others all had ability and I don't doubt that the likes of Cheyrou showed great promise earlier in their career, but Kewell reached heights for Leeds in his career up to around 2001/2002 that really set him apart. Its almost 3 years now since Kewell last showed his REAL class. At his best he was able to dismantle opposition defences at will and he had the gift for the outrageous.

He had problems BEFORE he came to Liverpool and the rot did not set in this season but 2 or 3 years ago. If he gets his ankle right and sorts out his attitude he is capable of reaching those heights again, but the next 12 months or so are crucial for him. If he continues to struggle then you can file him in the Robbie Fowler category.
Last edited by JBG on Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:23 am

dont you get fed up with folk saying the boy has great ability.

well lets Fu*king see that ability then, ffs they get 50-60 grand a week for fu'ck all :angry:

anyone who pulls that red shirt on should be running until they drop for the money they are on, stevie gerrard does it every week, very few of the other fuc'kers do that consistantly.
As for confidence players, why the fu'ck do we have those?? it beggers belief

so far the best buys have been Hyypia, Alonso, Morientes, thats fuc'king it. Our home grown boys such as carragher and gerrard speak for themselves. Oh and traore, what a Fu*king joke that idiot is, remember Burnley, plus numerous other fu'ck ups

I feel Benitez will get us there, but come on, we need to off load the wan'kers

i love LFC to bits, but some players are overpaid fuc'king tos'sers. There you go lads and lassess, had my rant

have a nice day  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:30 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Kewell is the most disapointing of all of them. I know the others all had ability and I don't doubt that the likes of Cheyrou showed great promise earlier in their career, but Kewell reached heights for Leeds in his career up to around 2001/2002 that really set him apart. Its almost 3 years now since Kewell last showed his REAL class. At his best he was able to dismantle opposition defences at will and he had the gift for the outrageous.

Kewell was once our mid-top scorer in season 2002-2003, followed by Danny Murphy.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:50 pm

True, but even then he did not reach the heights he achieved at Leeds.

I assume you mean 2003/04, AA?  :kungfu:
Last edited by JBG on Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:53 pm

You can't compare anything that Harry Kewell has done at Liverpool with his Yorkshire days. We all thought that £5m was a fantastic bargain, but I don't know that I'd pay that much for him on the strength of what he's done over the last couple of seasons.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:55 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Kewell is the most disapointing of all of them. I know the others all had ability and I don't doubt that the likes of Cheyrou showed great promise earlier in their career, but Kewell reached heights for Leeds in his career up to around 2001/2002 that really set him apart. Its almost 3 years now since Kewell last showed his REAL class. At his best he was able to dismantle opposition defences at will and he had the gift for the outrageous.

Kewell was once our mid-top scorer in season 2002-2003, followed by Danny Murphy.

Mid top scorer?? I like that one.

Did you know At some point in his career Diao was our ***** top scorer?  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:11 pm

has to be emile heskey for me. after all the promise of his first season when he scored 22 goals, his career with us fell completely flat.

i actually think he has a lot of ability, but either doesn't realise it or doesn't know how to use it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion