Rafa "too abrasive" for owen - Wtf?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby vlady16.1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:58 am

:suspect: these events sadden  and confuse me-- trust me he is/was my favorite player but his move confuses me

1) was he not in on the choice of raffa?

2)  i still think he is great but would he be the first choice with baros and cisse? if no has he lost enuff or injury prone to not "have it" anymore-- but how could he think he would be first choice at real if he wasn't at liverpool??

3)  why is real so hot for him -- his euro wasn't spectacular (by his standards) and last year was rough -- is he that marketable

i guess i was lucky enuff to have seen him play his 2nd last game in red so in that i'm happy -- i really hope he does well scores a truckload of goals and then comes back home in 2 or 3 years --- i just hope cisse is as good as he's said to be
vlady16.1

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:06 am

"Real are one of the few sides who can afford to buy players for their mercandising potential rather than their football ability and I fear Owen may indeed find himself consigned to the illustrious list of substitutes at Real" - theres your reason to number 3  ???

In answer to number 2 i think he would still be the first choice striker. Baros for all his expoits at Euro 2004 is stil to prove himself in the prem and Cisse wil need time to settle in.

I'm not sure about your Number 1 point mate except to say there has obviosuly been a clash of personalities between the two and unlike with Houllier, Owen has discovered he can't boss the Boss around like he did Le Boss :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:10 am

Yes... there's only one boss.... and he's telling it like it is... :blues:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:15 am

Sooner or later players have to realise they are there to play and managers are there to manage.

But you only have to look at the large % of EX players who go on to manage to realise many players are simply frustrated managers !!!!!! :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:17 am

:D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:22 am

And on that salient Point I will bid you goodnight , The Feeding Machine is awake !!!!! :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:25 am

Being a Liverpool fan has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride this summer. I would never like to go through all this crazy s**t again. I just want all this settled quickly and move on because the timing of this couldnt be worse. I have always defended GH but his name keeps coming back into my head in anger now. This should have been sorted out years ago. I just hope the eleven out on the field tomorrow can keep this all out their minds and win?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:39 am

yeh madred, what is this Owen thing going to do to the morale of the team, it is the worst time possible. Hopefully Owen signs for us today, wishful thinking I know, but if Owen still wants to play for us he should sign ASAP. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion