Benitez v mourinho - Do you think we got right guy?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:16 am

Maybe, just Maybe, Attack, Attack, Attack.... will mean something different with him in charge!

Here's hoping we land him!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby begintoend » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:12 am

Benitez Vs Mourinho, its a tense match....
and its 2-0 to Benitez.
Benitez goes to LFC, Mourinho relegates to Chelski.

Beni was able to instill consistency and winning mantle in the Valencia team. Hurray.
Mourinho lost because he has roubles stuck on his eyes.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:48 am

I feel that Chelski are getting the worst of the two and by October there will be rumours of a new manager at the bridge as i don't think that he will be able to get a new squad (as he will ship out a load and bring in some) to play well together with out going and basically buying Real madrids first team.

We have a much better chance than them next year as we will have serious competion for the stiking roles sg running the show from midfield hopefully hk back in some kind of form and a strong defense as usual all benitez needs to do is add about 4 real quality buys 1 center back as both sami and steffan are getting on and picking up injuries at an alarming rate.1 out and out winger for the right hand side and then two other midfield players as cover for Hamman and sg.

then we will be cooking on gas.:blues:
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:34 am

I would go for Beni anyway but not just because Muourinho has chosen Chelski. I think mourinho is very arrogant and what he has been saying over the past couple of days proves it. He is heading for a big fall, if things do not go right from the start the UK press are going to be on to him big style. Bobby Robson knows him best and he reckons Chelski have made a big mistake ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:43 am

Boocity wrote:I would go for Beni anyway but not just because Muourinho has chosen Chelski. I think mourinho is very arrogant and what he has been saying over the past couple of days proves it. He is heading for a big fall, if things do not go right from the start the UK press are going to be on to him big style. Bobby Robson knows him best and he reckons Chelski have made a big mistake ???

A lot gets mentioned on here about the UK press.  I say F*** them.  Have your own opinion.  Remember the Daily "United "Mirror?  They're sticking the knife into their darlings now and kissing the a.r.s.e. of Arsenal.

Scumbags.  I've been a newspaper reader for years, but now i've weaned myself off them after the last few months.  I log onto the websites and read selected articles from journalists who's views I respect. 

The rest of it is just propaganda.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby Boocity » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:51 am

I do'nt disagree with you, but the press can be very vicious  when they home in on someone they do'nt let go. You may not read what they say but millions of others do
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:53 am

Only time wll tell who is th e best manager.... hands up honsestly how mayn of you heard of either of these two at the start of the season...... or even Christmas for that matter. I don't know who will be the best manager cos I don't know anything about either of them to be honest with you. Benitez may have one two Spanish tites in three years but the year he didn't win they finished 5th.. no exactly consistent. Mouriniho hasn't doneit in a big leaue yet and whike he may have one the Champions league, they didn't exactly come up against any of the big boys in the knock-out stages did they? Give me ntil the end of the season and I'll tell you then who the best manager is.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:03 am

I think Maurinho will do reasonably well. He is very intelligent and tactically very adept, as illustrated by Porto this season. They weren't the strongest team at all, yet they rise to the occcassion and frustrates their opponent and hit on the counter-attack with great effect. The only thing is they are a bunch of cheats (I have said this many times). He is quite arrogant though.

Let's just hope that we do better than them and can get some of their good players like Joe Cole and Damien Duff.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:06 pm

Fans can expect helter-skelter Liverpool under Benitez
June 3, 2004

Liverpool fans can expect a high-tempo, attacking game next season if Rafa Benitez is appointed new manager.
"My ideas are near to the Milan of Arrigo Sacchi, I like technical and aggressive teams that don't allow the opponents to play," Benitez said in a recent interview.
"I like teams that play the ball with speed and look to score with as few passes as possible. My Valencia team is a mixture of youth and experience.
"The older players are examples for the younger players. The team works with great dedication and has quality while also the perfect mentality that allows them to succeed against any team without being arrogant. For me all the players are important."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:18 pm

mourihno will get shot down in flames at stamford bridge if he doesn't win anything significant next season. the guy thinks that one champions league success makes him special. well had manure knocked them out (as they should have done) we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

for me, winning the spanish league is completely different to winning the portugese league. the fact that valencia were in the UEFA cup means that you can't compare the two managers in terms of european achievement either. for me, benitez has the clearer attacking philosophy and will probably be the better choice for lfc.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion