Possible buyout? - Just heard on the radio

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:55 am

Manhattan is mentally unstable.

So occasionally my logical "Non-Third Person" side emerges.

Only to be quickly crushed by Manhattan's scarred psyche.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:39 am

craig da Toxteth iron wrote:
anti-hero wrote:John Kraft??

The cheese guy??

I dont really know much about the guy, but I think a lot of people would be vehemently opposed to an American holding the major stake in the club.. a la Mancs.

John Kratft is good. he is not a malcolm glazer :D

Go for cheese, not donuts?  :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:40 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Manhattan is mentally unstable.

So occasionally my logical "Non-Third Person" side emerges.

Only to be quickly crushed by Manhattan's scarred psyche.

They're sharp, these ones...
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:57 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:George Gillett just announced on CNBC that if Liverpool don't win their next game, he will put all the players on the transfer list.

You are joking arnt you? He didnt really say that did he?

A lot of people said that when Galzer took over that he wouldnt be able to spend big but they have maintained that element and utd look impressive. We need invvestment fast to buy some proven players in a few positions. Not all id say just a L and RM and 2 defenders.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:49 am

You are joking arnt you? He didnt really say that did he?

A lot of people said that when Galzer took over that he wouldnt be able to spend big but they have maintained that element and utd look impressive. We need invvestment fast to buy some proven players in a few positions. Not all id say just a L and RM and 2 defenders.

Of course Manhattan was joking.

I am a notorious liar.

If I said the sky was blue, you'd better check first before believing it.

Speaking of Glazer, his sons announced on the BBC that they wish to buy another football team.

FC United Of Manchester have been cited as a possible target.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:19 pm

Moores holds up Liverpool takeover
By Mihir Bose
Last Updated: 1:46am GMT 16/11/2006

When Liverpool visited Birmingham last week for the Carling Cup there were two prominent absentees from their 'team'. Neither the chairman, David Moores, nor the chief executive, Rick Parry, was there.

It is unusual for either, particularly Moores, to miss a match. I am told that the reason for the absence was that they were in North America visiting George Gillett, the owner of the Montreal ice-hockey team, who wants to buy Liverpool.

Parry was recently in Dubai, and although the word was that he was there with his family over half-term, I understand he met Samir Ansari, head of Dubai International Capital, part of Dubai Holdings, who is a fervent Liverpool fan and is interested in buying the club. Parry, it seems, prefers Ansari to Gillett.

The supposed Liverpool takeover began two years ago with the then Thai prime minister expressing interest. He has since been toppled, is living in exile in London and has, incidentally, been spotted at Fulham matches.

There is no resolution and little word from Liverpool about what is happening. I am told that there are two sticking points.

One is that Moores gets depressed the moment Liverpool lose and thinks of selling, but then bucks up with a win and does not want to let go.

There is also the problem of how much any bidder would pay. Moores is valuing the club at £200million. Liverpool need another £200million for their new stadium. Add in some £30-£50million over the next few years for players and other costs and debts and you are soon looking at £500million.

Liverpool have big support overseas, but a bidder with such deep pockets would want to put much of that money into the club, not give it to Moores and the existing shareholders.

I understand Gillett told them that he might be willing to invest a total of £450m but would want much of it going into the club for the stadium and players, and would want to take full control and bring in his own people.

That, I am told, remains a sticking point for Moores.

One is that Moores gets depressed the moment Liverpool lose and thinks of selling, but then bucks up with a win and does not want to let go.
Maybe this is why we keep losing away then winning at home :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:01 pm

red37 wrote:what an absolute shambles Heart of Midlothian have become due to the flip side of all these wannabie Abramovich's meddling:   :no  and god forbid......

Riabovas to take over at Hearts

Hearts have confirmed that Eugenijus Riabovas will take over from Eduard Malofeev as temporary head coach.
With Valdas Ivanauskas granted leave due to ill-health, Malofeev took over the reigns but he is now leaving to pursue his Uefa pro coaching licence.

Hearts have drawn two and lost two matches under the 64-year-old Malofeev. Riabovas recently steered FBK Kaunas to the Lithuanian title and he will be the seventh man in charge during owner Vladimir Romanov's 21-month rule.

Romanov also controls FBK Kaunas and the 55-year-old Riabovas becomes the third manager to make the switch from the Lithuanian city to Tynecastle.

Malofeev was Ivanauskas' successor and Riabovas' predecessor at FBK Kaunas.

John Robertson, George Burley and Graham Rix were all dismissed by Romanov prior to the appointment of Ivanauskas, while long-serving coach John McGlynn has twice stepped in for brief spells.

A statement from Hearts said that Riabovas would take over "later this month", so it is unclear if he will be in charge for the visit of Rangers to Tynecastle on Sunday.

here within this thread that has as its lead title the words 'possible buyout' are two contrasting tales of the pitfalls of either the invasion of foreign owners/investors who have little, if any regard for the people that stoically follow their team come what may and without exclusion being sh@fted beyond belief. circumstances are documented enough over the state that Hearts have come to accept themselves embroiled in as to make a reasonably informed nod towards caution in dealing with the family silver. and secondly this 'fans' account of life in a shiny new home and all its cracked up to be. quite the opposite of the purpose it was constructed for in the first place. and again, take heed of wishing for something that may well transpire into an anti-climax resembling anything but a fortress, or a 'wall' of sound augmenting the peoples desire within its gleaming aisles.

Full time against Liverpool was a disgrace
Is it the so-called ‘new fans’? What’s the rush to get away at 6pm on a Sunday?

By Richard Pradic

I've been supporting the Arsenal all my life, and in all the time I've been going (some 25 years) I have never had the urge to write about our beloved club until now. All I can say is that my Grandad would be turning in his grave if he witnessed what I did on Sunday.

Going, going… (still £5’s worth of football to witness though)

The final whistle blows and I look to see that the ground is half empty and has been so for the past five minutes or so. I think to myself did we lose, or play :censored: football? Have we just beaten Huddersfield in the Carling Cup? No, we have just beaten Liverpool 3-0 and yet still half the spectators, I won't call them fans, cannot give of their time to stay and thank the players who have given their all.

I spoke to all those around me and we all agreed that it is a disgrace and an embarrassment. I'm sure some of you will trot out the usual about the congestion being terrible after the game but for two reasons I won't accept this. Firstly, and most obviously, if you love the club as I do, you stay to the end whether winning or losing to show that you are one with the players and secondly I remember when Arsenal had crowds of 50 000 and I don't remember the North Bank being half empty at the final whistle.

I feel that the only way that this serious problem can be redressed is if the club go further than the programme notes that Thierry wrote, but that Arsene has to relay a message on the big screen imploring everyone to stay to the end to support the team. If you don't want to do that then stay at home and give someone who would love to go, but can't afford to go, your ticket so that we can have more true fans in the ground.

PS - please don't just blame the club level as both the lower and upper tiers were embarrassingly empty as well.

a sad indictment of all that is wrong with the modern game if ever any evidence was warranted.
Last edited by red37 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby matrix » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:20 pm

Liverpool close in on Gillett...

Chairman David Moores joined chief executive Rick Parry on last week's trip to Canada, where the reclusive businessman owns the Montreal Canadiens hockey team.

Moores was spotted in Gillett's suite during the Canadiens' victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. Liverpool declined to comment on the visit but it seems Gillett may now be ahead of Dubai Holdings in the long-running search for new investment.

The former owner of the Harlem Globetrotters has declined to comment, but sources close to him have privately confirmed that he is a serious bidder.

It remains unclear how the multimillionaire would fund a full takeover of the club, with Moores having stuck to a valuation of about £300 million during the three-year hunt for new investors.

Moores and Parry are thought to favour a cash injection for a minority stake, with backing for a new 60,000-seater stadium, but Gillett's style is to buy businesses outright.

i hope something happens soon  for the good of the club...a cash injection would be better and safer
somebody buying the club outright is puting us into the uknown !!!  anything can happen...

something has to happen soon,  or we will slip behind the likes of,  chelski, manure, and arsenal...  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:18 pm

s@int wrote:Parry was recently in Dubai, and although the word was that he was there with his family over half-term, I understand he met Samir Ansari, head of Dubai International Capital, part of Dubai Holdings, who is a fervent Liverpool fan and is interested in buying the club. Parry, it seems, prefers Ansari to Gillett.

so it seems does Moores himself..

"The Telegraph also claimed that Parry had also had informal discussions with Samir Ansari, head of Dubai International Capital, about a possible takeover and said Moores favoured that consortium ahead of Gillett."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby lfc-all-my-life » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:16 pm

i heard of a man around my area tht is interested in buying a club,il trell him about liverpool
lfc-all-my-life

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:21 pm

I'm worried about the future of this club, I'd never thought I'd think in that manner, let alone utter the words. I'm scared!
67-1161385641

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:51 am

lfc-all-my-life wrote:i heard of a man around my area tht is interested in buying a club,il trell him about liverpool

Retard!!!  :p

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:07 am

Not sure if this has been posted but I came across this just now.

Liverpool takeover 'imminent'       
Written by Ian O'flaherty     
Sunday, 19 November 2006 
Next Thursday could be a red letter day in the history of Liverpool FC.

No fewer than three prospective buyers are due to meet with the board with views to purchasing the club.

The three candidates are John Miskelly, a property millionaire from Belfast, US billionaire George Gillet and Dubai International Capital.

Reports have suggested that JPMorgan is the group advising DIC on how to approach any possible takeover, whilst NM Rothschild are the advisers to Mr Gillet.

Neither banks are strangers to the world of football: Rothschild are the group that advised Malcolm Glazer  on his takeover of Manchester United, whereas JPMorgan provided the funds for the actual deal.

For the club's part, they are being advised by PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Gillet's offer is rumoured to be around the £250m mark which will consist of £150m for the club's shares and he will also take over the club's debts which are thought to be around £100m. As well as this, he will also contribute towards the building of the new stadium.

Part of Gillet's money for the deal will be raised from loans, but it is expected that he will not secure these loans on LFC's assets ie: the ground, future revenue, etc.

All Liverpool fans will be aware that this is not the first time a possible takeover has been suggested, but potential deals in the last few years have failed to materialise.

A possible reason for the lack of investment so far may have been Liverpool chairman David Moores' asking price. Moores has valued the club at £300m, a figure which has put potential investors off investing in the club

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:08 am

report in todays mail suggesting an imminent conclusion:

The Daily Mail: 20/11/06

Moores on verge of a deal to sell Liverpool

By COLIN WOOD

Liverpool chairman David Moores is close to completing a deal which could see him sell control of the club before the end of the month while raising much-needed funds for a new stadium and investment in the team.

Moores and chief executive Rick Parry will inform the board at a meeting on Thursday of the state of negotiations with a number of parties, led by Dubai International Capital, whose head Samari Ansari is a Liverpool fan.

George Gillett, owner of the Montreal Canadiens ice hockey club and formerly the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team, is rated the other leading candidate to take control, but, although Moores and Parry have visited him for talks, it is understood he has still to make a formal offer.

Others who remain hopeful of sealing a deal include Belfast property millionaire John Miskelly, a Norwegian group led by Oystein Stray Spetalen and Petter Stordalen, and a consortium based in Switzerland put together by Robert Herd, the former chairman of Oxford United.

Moores has a 51 per cent stake in the club and will be a reluctant seller after three years of attempting to seek investment while retaining control.

But it appears he will have to accept that nobody will provide the money Liverpool need without taking over.

A sticking point has been the valuation of Moores' shares. He holds more than 17,000 and priced them at £6,000 each.

The best offer has been £4,000 a share, but agreement is much closer.

If he sells, the money would go to him, but he would seek a guarantee that the buyer would also take out the club's 15,000 unissued shares.

That money would go to the club, who are believed to be more than £80m in debt and need an estimated £200m for the new 60,000-seater stadium.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:13 am

was just about to post that as well. :D

Is it just me or is it the case that everytime this topic re surfaces in the media they say that we are "close" to a deal but nothing ever materialises.

This has been going on now since Istanbul.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion