Please liverpool fc just fold! - Theres no point carrying on anymore!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:14 am

I have been a Liverpool supporter for 12 years, I have supported the club through many false dawns seeing Manchester United win title after title while the reds have slipped into decline.
Now Gerard Houllier expects the fans to accept not winning the league and accept that we will finish behind the Manchester Uniteds,Chelseas and Arsenals for all eternity(and they are Houlliers words not mine!), if you cant make the reds champions please quit and let someone who can!
If the Reds let Owen go you have lost a supporter, lets face it the players dont care about winning, the club is slipping into decline, wait and see 12 months down the line this club will be the next Leeds United. Mark my words.

A annoyed supporter
Beavis
116-1065305004

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:45 am

I agree with you 100%.

Houllier said on Wednesday that Liverpool now have no chance of winning the league this year. I know we have lost four games already, but since when did Ferguson and Wenger throw in the towel?

Also, he said that Liverpool are currently in the process of "re-building".

To me, thats an outrageous comment. Houllier promised us the league within 5 years (at the latest) of him taking sole charge. He has had 100% support from the fans and board, good young players to work with (Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, Steven Wright, David Thompson, Danny Murphy, Jamie Carragher) plus over £100million in funds. If the side needs rebuilding now then its entirely his own fault as he has wasted the resources made available to him.

I think that for a club that has 4 European Cups, three UEFA Cups, 18 League Championships, a handful fo FA Cups and loads of League Cups, to effectively roll over and play second fiddle to Arsenal, Chelsea and Man UTD (and increasingly Newcastle as well), is outrageous.

When Ferguson took over UTD he said it was an absolute disgrace that they had gone so long without a Championship and he poured blood and sweat into putting this right. Fair enough, it took him 7 years, but at least once he turned the club around after 1990 they took massive strides towards winning the league.

Houllier turned us around in 2001 and 2002, but since then we have declined remarkably.

We might as well fold if the club is content to take the last Champions League spot and no more.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:39 am

What can anyone add to those views, spot on
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:34 am

As I heard from someone the other night; "if you said to shanks that are you going to settle for 4th, he'd say to you don't swear at me." As he wouldn't go down without a fight and would never EVER settle for less than 1st.

This though appears not to be the attitude of GH and after his statement the other day it shows that he hasn't got that winning edge in him, that would make him strive for 1st, no matter what and thats why he should just quit now before any inrepairable damage is down, he's simply lost interest after 9 games into the season of winning the title and this shows his lack of ambition for the club.

Maybe with the transfer window signings we can pick things back up again and be looking for a new manager, who'll get rid of all the dead wood thats weighing us down.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:27 pm

LiverpoolFC_Kopite wrote:As I heard from someone the other night; "if you said to shanks that are you going to settle for 4th, he'd say to you don't swear at me." As he wouldn't go down without a fight and would never EVER settle for less than 1st.

This though appears not to be the attitude of GH and after his statement the other day it shows that he hasn't got that winning edge in him, that would make him strive for 1st, no matter what and thats why he should just quit now before any inrepairable damage is down, he's simply lost interest after 9 games into the season of winning the title and this shows his lack of ambition for the club.

Maybe with the transfer window signings we can pick things back up again and be looking for a new manager, who'll get rid of all the dead wood thats weighing us down.

quite right it is good to see REAL Liverpool fans who agree with me that anything less than 1st is a failure.
Any fan who believes finishing behind Manchester United and Chelsea is a good season should be ashamed of themselves.
If you said to a Real Madrid or Bayern Munich fan for example that 3rd or 4th would be a good finish for them what do you think they would say!....
116-1065305004

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:14 pm

the return of beavis wrote:
LiverpoolFC_Kopite wrote:As I heard from someone the other night; "if you said to shanks that are you going to settle for 4th, he'd say to you don't swear at me." As he wouldn't go down without a fight and would never EVER settle for less than 1st.

quite right it is good to see REAL Liverpool fans who agree with me that anything less than 1st is a failure.
Any fan who believes finishing behind Manchester United and Chelsea is a good season should be ashamed of themselves.
If you said to a Real Madrid or Bayern Munich fan for example that 3rd or 4th would be a good finish for them what do you think they would say!....

Damn straight.

If you were an Aston Villa, Newcastle or Spurs fan you would be happy with fourth.

But being a Liverpool fan is different. Most of us grew up where we won nearly every home game 4-0 (at least against the West Hams and Portsmouths of this world), and claiming the Championship at least every second year.

Man UTD fans claim that they are the biggest club in the world. That may be true if you consider making the most money to be the necessary qualification.

In my mind being the most prestigious club is to have won the most honours, and Liverpool are top dogs in England if that is the criteria.

By those standards, settling for finishing just behind the likes of UTD and Arsenal is not good enough. WE should be trying to win the league every year. Building for the future is not good enough.

I think there are a lot of similarities between us and Juventus (Juventus being the Liverpool of Italy and Milan being the Man Utd). Do you think that Juve would be content with finishing behind Milan every year?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:40 pm

Exactly so. The point is that not enough fans at Anfield are thinking this way any longer. The fans have accepted mediocrity for such a long time now. They have an opportunity, every home game, to voice discontent with Houllier and the Board for inept and sterile performances. But what happens? Nothing. The reality is that Liverpool have been an awful side for about 14 years now. There have been false dawns but at the end of the day, the results have been poor. Houllier is well past his sell by date and it is disgraceful that his ambitions are focused on finishing fourth. But it is even worse that the Liverpool Board, and David Moores in particular has overseen the decline of England's most successful club. Moores and his manager have accepted mediocrity. Apart from a few of us here on these chatboards, so too have many Liverpool fans who stand equally culpable for not showing and voicing their dissent with calls for Houllier to be sacked. Believe me, David Moores is afraid of making decisions. Any decision. And he doesn't want to sack Houllier. In fact he won't sack Houllier, even if we lose our next three games. Houllier will only get the sack if the fans show the way and a good place to start would be before, during and after the Leeds game on Saturday.

Houllier is an awful manager who has had more than his fair share of luck in his five years at Anfield. But the Liverpool fans are getting exactly what they deserve by putting up with it and not voicing dissent. The longer the fans keep quiet, the longer he will be there. If the fans don't speak up, he will be there next season. He really will.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:01 pm

By the way, I was shocked to hear the fans chanting for Houllier after Liverpool's 3-0 victory against Olympia Lubljana Ladies Team last week. The opposition was awful and instead of greeting the victory with scenes of near delirium, the fans should really be waking up to the reality that the UEFA Cup is for those who are not good enough to play with the big boys.

Liverpool fans can gripe all they want about players who aren't good enough and a poor manager. But the fans have got what they deserve because, week after week, they put up with it. By singing his name after last week's match you have given him another six months in the job.

It's not just Houllier and Moores who are to blame. The fans are there in the same boat for accepting mediocrity and those fans who turn up to cheer and support could do the club a favour by turning on Houllier in a big way. Until that happens, the message to Liverpool fans is simple......you've got the team that you deserve.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:43 pm

I don't think we are the next leeds, but i do think a fresh approach would be of benefit, but at the end of the season, when a new manager (E.G.Gus Hiddink,Gordan Strachan,) would have time to prepare.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sebastian barthelameow jones III » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:55 pm

words of a loyal supporter,

the highs the lows,
the wins the draws,
the grunts the groans,
the lame no score draws,
we have yet to go far,
til then thats what we are
liverpool, liverpool
where will you go
liverpool, liverpool
back to division two
sebastian barthelameow jones III

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:07 pm

What a cr#p poem, are u gay? ## ## ## ## ##!!!!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:16 pm

redandblue wrote:By the way, I was shocked to hear the fans chanting for Houllier after Liverpool's 3-0 victory against Olympia Lubljana Ladies Team last week. The opposition was awful and instead of greeting the victory with scenes of near delirium, the fans should really be waking up to the reality that the UEFA Cup is for those who are not good enough to play with the big boys.

I hate to slate fellow fans but my blood boiled when I heard the fans singing the Gerard Houllier chant after the Olympijiana game. We played well - fair enough - and won, but that was the minimum requirement against European minnows. Beating a cr#p team 3-0 is not a turn a round.

I think the fans really need to turn the pressure up. Houllier thnaked the fans that supported him and criticised those few fans who were shwoing discontent. If Houllier isn't under pressure from the fans then he'll keep fobbing people off with lame excuses which he knows 90% of the fans will swallow.

I also blame David Moores. He reminds me of Boro chairman Steve Gibson who stuck by Bryan Robson through thick and thin. That might be a nice characteristic in a person but football is a ruthless sport and sometimes you have to stab your friends in the back.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby gerard houllier » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:21 pm

i tink dat ze poem was gut, u r so gay has
gerard houllier

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:30 pm

redandblue wrote:By the way, I was shocked to hear the fans chanting for Houllier after Liverpool's 3-0 victory against Olympia Lubljana Ladies Team last week. The opposition was awful and instead of greeting the victory with scenes of near delirium, the fans should really be waking up to the reality that the UEFA Cup is for those who are not good enough to play with the big boys.

Liverpool fans can gripe all they want about players who aren't good enough and a poor manager. But the fans have got what they deserve because, week after week, they put up with it. By singing his name after last week's match you have given him another six months in the job.

It's not just Houllier and Moores who are to blame. The fans are there in the same boat for accepting mediocrity and those fans who turn up to cheer and support could do the club a favour by turning on Houllier in a big way. Until that happens, the message to Liverpool fans is simple......you've got the team that you deserve.

Quite right mate!
The UEFA Cup is just a mickey mouse competition with second rate teams who arent good enough to challenge for the top every season.
We get disillusioned fans who think we are world beaters because we beat a semi-pro team full of fisherman,toilet cleaners and mcdonalds waiters and we only beat them 3-0!
Please anymore disgruntled fans who want action speak now!
The Rot must stop!
116-1065305004

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:37 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:

I hate to slate fellow fans but my blood boiled when I heard the fans singing the Gerard Houllier chant after the Olympijiana game. We played well - fair enough - and won, but that was the minimum requirement against European minnows. Beating a cr#p team 3-0 is not a turn a round.

I think the fans really need to turn the pressure up. Houllier thnaked the fans that supported him and criticised those few fans who were shwoing discontent. If Houllier isn't under pressure from the fans then he'll keep fobbing people off with lame excuses which he knows 90% of the fans will swallow.

I also blame David Moores. He reminds me of Boro chairman Steve Gibson who stuck by Bryan Robson through thick and thin. That might be a nice characteristic in a person but football is a ruthless sport and sometimes you have to stab your friends in the back.

Again Mr.Barnes you are spot on!
I have stupid mates who say about our home defeats to Chelsea and Arsenal,'Oh we got beat but we were superb!'
I say,'What f##kin games were you watching?', okay I mean what result was the game?, do you win premiership titles with home defeats to title challengers? answer:No
What matters in football are results and the only ones Liverpool are getting are defeats, many of our fans accept mediocrity as long as the team plays not bad in the first 4 minutes.
It is the wrong attitude to have, look at Everton fans they are a big club and they make do with finishing above 18th every season.
Our board seem to share Evertons fans ambitions and are being a bit too laid back about this!
116-1065305004

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion