PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:23 am

Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:51 am wrote:F#ck him

I don't care how good he is, if he doesn't want to be here, get rid.

IMO he's been sold, all of a sudden there's money flying about (no coincidence).  I think the owners stance was he stays, but he's clearly refused to train / play or  the manager gave him time off because his head isn't right...

One thing is clear for me, no player is bigger than the club, and i don't want anyone who doesn't want to play for us

Is he THAT good though? Our attack has been fine without him.

I agree with what you're saying tho, this money flying about is us preparing for him leaving before the world knows how much we have in the bank.

We need better midfielders than what we currently have. I don't have any concerns about our attack other than it's depth. In terms of the first choice 3 tho, Coutinho would struggle to displace any one of them as it stands
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 am

Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:23 am wrote:
Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:51 am wrote:F#ck him

I don't care how good he is, if he doesn't want to be here, get rid.

IMO he's been sold, all of a sudden there's money flying about (no coincidence).  I think the owners stance was he stays, but he's clearly refused to train / play or  the manager gave him time off because his head isn't right...

One thing is clear for me, no player is bigger than the club, and i don't want anyone who doesn't want to play for us

Is he THAT good though? Our attack has been fine without him.

I agree with what you're saying tho, this money flying about is us preparing for him leaving before the world knows how much we have in the bank.

We need better midfielders than what we currently have. I don't have any concerns about our attack other than it's depth. In terms of the first choice 3 tho, Coutinho would struggle to displace any one of them as it stands

Tell me you're joking... I know a result like against Arsenal could make people say non-sensical things...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:43 am

How about this, they pay us whatever Soton and Monaco are asking for VVD and Lemar and they can have him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Now Neymar is telling Coutinho not to join Barca...what a devil  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:47 pm

I'd love it if PSG came in with a mammoth bid just to annoy Barca.. infact I'd prefer it if he went there over the 2.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:00 pm

damjan193 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:43 am wrote:How about this, they pay us whatever Soton and Monaco are asking for VVD and Lemar and they can have him.

Better still - They can deal directly with Soton and Monaco to buy our players...
We can then gift wrap cun.tinho and ship him out on priority 24hr mail service with a thank you note.
  :laugh:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:03 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:47 pm wrote:I'd love it if PSG came in with a mammoth bid just to annoy Barca.. infact I'd prefer it if he went there over the 2.

A bidding war would suit FSG down to the ground...
Can just imagine John Henry kicking back in his robe with a cigar at home whilst Linda rubs his feet!
  :D
Last edited by johnbarnes on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:49 pm

It looks like he is off this window if reports are too be believed, 149 million pounds
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:21 pm

C-R » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:49 pm wrote:It looks like he is off this window if reports are too be believed, 149 million pounds

I certainly fvcking hope not, if we cave in to Barcelona's bullying tactics and sell a player who had 5 years left on his contract and no buy out clause then I am finished with this club. FSG may as well give them Mane as well while they are at it to save us the bother of going through this rigmarole again next summer.
:no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:22 pm

C-R » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:49 pm wrote:It looks like he is off this window if reports are too be believed, 149 million pounds

If true, that's a pretty nice piece of business from FSG. He's worth nowhere near that, Imo, but happy to take their cash.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:34 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:22 pm wrote:

If true, that's a pretty nice piece of business from FSG. He's worth nowhere near that, Imo, but happy to take their cash.

And replace Phil with who? A 21 year old who has never played in a league as quick or as physical as the prem before.
27 years since we last won the title and FSG's master plan is to sell our best player and replace him with a 21 year old kid... :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:47 pm

It's Klopp's call at the end of the day.  Clearly FSG are willing to dig their heels in but if Klopp thinks it's better to move him on and use the money for other players then I'm on board. I think Klopp puts a lot on trust and commitment and Phil faked injury when we had a Champions League qualifier to get through.

But it's got to be more than Keita, VVD and Lemar. We need another midfielder for this season.
Eagle

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:34 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:22 pm wrote:

And replace Phil with who? A 21 year old who has never played in a league as quick or as physical as the prem before.
27 years since we last won the title and FSG's master plan is to sell our best player and replace him with a 21 year old kid... :no

Get real sunshine.145m for a guy who wants out, has pi$$ed off the fans, the manager, faked injury etc. I'd rather have barca's cash
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:21 pm wrote:

I certainly fvcking hope not, if we cave in to Barcelona's bullying tactics and sell a player who had 5 years left on his contract and no buy out clause then I am finished with this club. FSG may as well give them Mane as well while they are at it to save us the bother of going through this rigmarole again next summer.

No one man is bigger than the club - It's serious money if reports are to be believed.
I mean - This would pay for the Anfield Rd expansion alone, with change to spare.
---
The long-term development of the club has to observed surely?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:21 pm wrote:

Took it one step too far mate..Barca maybe the "Biggest" club in the world just gave up on their top players as well...Let's not get carried away..What matters and here i will stand with you if we bring quality to fill Phil's shoes...Lemar is quality ,he comes from a superb club in which he played a major role and i can live with him coming + hefty sum from Barca..I would like to see VVD join as well so i can state we did a positive transfer window...Coutinho on his day is a class act no doubt ,but he doesn't have a lot of those days..Often we saw him disappear and being a none factor..So lets no exaggerate his value..We should stand our ground as long as we don't get the pieces we need and it seems FSG are doing just that.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion