PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:59 am

devaney » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:17 am wrote:Yakka I would have sold my Granny to Everton if it meant we could have kept Suarez.
But Rooney wasn't there at the time...  :D
I'm sorry mate I don't feel the same about Coutinho. Name me one top team that Suarez played for where he couldn't get a game. Coutinho couldn't get a look in at Milan and that wasn't that long ago. Yes he is a good player and yes he has improved but he he not in the same class as the Suarez's and Gerrard's of this world. Coutinho is replaceable, Suarez wasn't.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:12 pm

devaney » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:17 am wrote:Yakka I would have sold my Granny to Everton if it meant we could have kept Suarez. I'm sorry mate I don't feel the same about Coutinho. Name me one top team that Suarez played for where he couldn't get a game. Coutinho couldn't get a look in at Milan and that wasn't that long ago. Yes he is a good player and yes he has improved but he he not in the same class as the Suarez's and Gerrard's of this world. Coutinho is replaceable, Suarez wasn't.

Suarez dragged this clubs name through the mud, he made a show of Kenny at Old Trafford and even tried to sign for one of our direct rivals. When we refused to sell him to Arsenal he threw a huge strop, called the manager and owners liars on Uruguayan radio, walked around Melbourne with a cob on and then went off to train with the reserves. He even fvcking bit someone while wearing a Liverpool shirt. Coutinho's little tantrum is nowhere near the s[hit] Suarez used to pull.
As for Coutinho not being as good as Suarez or Gerrard, well let's see what happens over the next few years, the Suarez and Gerrard you are remembering are the 27 year old Suarez and Gerrard, Phil only turned 25 a few weeks ago, and as for him not getting a regular game at treble winners Inter, at that age Luis was at Nacional in Uruguay and Groningen in Holland!
Phil signed for us when he was 20 and Luis signed for Ajax when he was 20 as well, Phil has been here 4 years and Luis spent 4 years at Ajax (2007-11) so if you really want a direct comparison you have to compare Phil from now on with Luis, not the 21 year old Phil. At Phil's age now Luis was just arriving at Anfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:22 pm

I'm with Yakka here...
This is not about how much Coutinho is worth (as much as I like Coutinho, I don't believe that he is worth 149 million pounds)... This is about the club's ambitions. Coutinho is arguably the best player in the team. Are we to sell our best players everytime some big club throws money at us? We should act like a big club because we are a big club. That means that we don't sell our best players. When we do sell our players it shall be on our terms. I don't mind if FSG says, ok Coutinho, you cannot leave this season, but you may leave the next season, when we have planned for and obtained replacements. It doesn't really matter if we don't get as much money. Our lost in selling Coutinho is not only that we are losing our best player, but that our plans will be interupted before we have a settled squad to challenge for the title. If we keep doing this, where does it stop? Next year we sell Mane because some club offers 100 million? "Oh yeah! Mane is never worth 100 million therefore we should sell". And then what's next? Can develops into a very good CM in next two seasons and we sell him for another 100 million? "Oh Yeah! the german is never worth 100 million!". It becomes a vicious cycle... Clubs who are challenging for titles don't sell their players! They sell them or let them go when they are no longer needed. It is about time we act like one...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:33 pm

maguskwt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:22 pm wrote:I'm with Yakka here...
This is not about how much Coutinho is worth (as much as I like Coutinho, I don't believe that he is worth 149 million pounds)... This is about the club's ambitions. Coutinho is arguably the best player in the team. Are we to sell our best players everytime some big club throws money at us? We should act like a big club because we are a big club. That means that we don't sell our best players. When we do sell our players it shall be on our terms. I don't mind if FSG says, ok Coutinho, you cannot leave this season, but you may leave the next season, when we have planned for and obtained replacements. It doesn't really matter if we don't get as much money. Our lost in selling Coutinho is not only that we are losing our best player, but that our plans will be interupted before we have a settled squad to challenge for the title. If we keep doing this, where does it stop? Next year we sell Mane because some club offers 100 million? "Oh yeah! Mane is never worth 100 million therefore we should sell". And then what's next? Can develops into a very good CM in next two seasons and we sell him for another 100 million? "Oh Yeah! the german is never worth 100 million!". It becomes a vicious cycle... Clubs who are challenging for titles don't sell their players! They sell them or let them go when they are no longer needed. It is about time we act like one...

And i think that is exactly what FSG is doing...And what Klopp already said..it's not about money it's about timing...Let's not be naive money will always be a factor..But great teams will use those funds to bring better players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:48 pm

maguskwt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:22 pm wrote:I'm with Yakka here...

Players have the power not the clubs. If the player wants out, they get out.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:33 pm

It didn't seem we were after Lemar until recently. He wasn't on the radar at all. All the sudden, we're going in heavy for him allegedly offering £60million +? I think that means Coutinho is gone and we're trying to secure his replacement before he's sold and we're sitting on all that money. Now it seems we're signing Ox instead as his replacement, which is certainly a large downgrade. Not sure I like the outcome either way, but I'm pretty certain Coutinho will be gone by the end of the window. Hopefully Ox isn't our last purchase, otherwise this will be a stagnant window at best.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:37 pm

ethanr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:33 pm wrote:It didn't seem we were after Lemar until recently. He wasn't on the radar at all. All the sudden, we're going in heavy for him allegedly offering £60million +? I think that means Coutinho is gone and we're trying to secure his replacement before he's sold and we're sitting on all that money. Now it seems we're signing Ox instead as his replacement, which is certainly a large downgrade. Not sure I like the outcome either way, but I'm pretty certain Coutinho will be gone by the end of the window. Hopefully Ox isn't our last purchase, otherwise this will be a stagnant window at best.

YEP!
With signing the OX provides decent cover in several positions...
But if our in-coming business is done for now, then it will be deflating compared to all our rivals up and below us.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:22 pm

150M and sell the pox...
Barcelona target Philippe Coutinho is not letting mounting speculation over his future distract him from his international duties, insists Brazil goalkeeping coach Claudio Taffarel.
"I am seeing him (in) great serenity," former World Cup winner Taffarel told SporTV. "He is very calm, very calm.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:17 am

http://www.espnfc.com.au/english-premier-league/story/3192440/sir-alex-ferguson-calls-liverpools-philippe-coutinho-saga-disappointing

Haha even old Whiskey nose is adding his 5 cents to this.

Probably the only positive thing he has EVER said about the club and that we deserve better from Coutinho.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:50 am

Tomorrow's papers are all saying that we are planning to go on a last day spending spree and still keep Coutinho.
If we do that then we are not fv.cking around, we are genuinely trying to win the title and probably the CL too, let's face it a team managed by Klopp containing the likes of Coutinho, Lemar, Mane, Van Dijk, Firmino etc etc is going to be a formidable prospect for anyone, even PSG and Real Madrid would want to avoid us like the plague.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:39 pm

So Coutinho stays, time to get hs mind focused. Im sure after a few crackers the fans will cheer him on :D.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 pm

redshade » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 pm wrote:So Coutinho stays, time to get hs mind focused. Im sure after a few crackers the fans will cheer him on :D.

Well I hope it doesn't take a few crackers for everyone to get behind him. Anyone's head would have been turned by Barca, and don't forget that unlike Raheem 'The Bellend' Sterling he didn't conduct an interview with the media behind our backs.
Franky000

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 am

Back problem my ***** !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:43 am

woof woof ! » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:18 am wrote:

Back problem my ***** !

Im not mad, the more he scores, the better price he'll fetch if we have to sell him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:00 am

Franky000 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:49 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 pm wrote:So Coutinho stays, time to get hs mind focused. Im sure after a few crackers the fans will cheer him on :D.

Well I hope it doesn't take a few crackers for everyone to get behind him. Anyone's head would have been turned by Barca, and don't forget that unlike Raheem 'The Bellend' Sterling he didn't conduct an interview with the media behind our backs.

Yep, not many South Americans would turn down the chance to move to Barcelona/Real Madrid and as you say he never went as far as sitting down in a tv studio and airing his frustrations in public. Suarez went on Uruguayan radio and called Rodgers and FSG liars for not allowing him to go to Arsenal never mind Barca/Madrid.
When you consider what some players have done to force a move to Barca (going AWOL, wearing a Barca shirt before they have actually signed, slagging of parent club etc) Phil's antics are small beer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion