PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:41 am

I think we will see the best out of coutinho in the role just behind the striker. If Sturridge doesnt make the Villa game i would put coutinho just behind Ballotelli

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:35 am

How long do you think it will before Pip gets fed up of our poor tactics and playing with poor players and packs his bags to go and play for a side with ambition and a bit more quality? Have a really horrible feeling he is going to get fed up of being in and out of the team and being subbed off when he is our only hope of getting back into a game and being dropped in favour of lesser players like Joe Allen
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:02 am

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:35 am wrote:How long do you think it will before Pip gets fed up of our poor tactics and playing with poor players and packs his bags to go and play for a side with ambition and a bit more quality? Have a really horrible feeling he is going to get fed up of being in and out of the team and being subbed off when he is our only hope of getting back into a game and being dropped in favour of lesser players like Joe Allen

Stu don't exaggerate (as usual) ,Coutinho is still miles away from having the right to soak and moan. He has some wonderful minutes but he also has a LOT of obscurity ,no impact ,being bullied losing the ball minutes.
He is still not delivering on a consistent basis but i agree he should be waved in before many others.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:48 pm

These are the things I mean when I see people miss details.  I understand he's sometimes frustrating but he has two natural attributes in that he's always looking for space, even when others stop and his bad passes are usually because he is trying something. Even when he plays poorly he draws players towards him and influences games in a positive manor.

At his best he's a wonderful talent with tremendous skill and his weight of pass is at times a bit like sex. :D

The ceiling for him is a similar level to what Aimar reached in career. Maybe more. He has enough about him that if you surround him with players of the same quality he will run games.

He's not world class, he wouldn't get into the top sides in the country, YET... and yet is the key word. His talent will flourish somewhere, just hope it's here
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:These are the things I mean when I see people miss details.  I understand he's sometimes frustrating but he has two natural attributes in that he's always looking for space, even when others stop and his bad passes are usually because he is trying something. Even when he plays poorly he draws players towards him and influences games in a positive manor.

At his best he's a wonderful talent with tremendous skill and his weight of pass is at times a bit like sex. :D

The ceiling for him is a similar level to what Aimar reached in career. Maybe more. He has enough about him that if you surround him with players of the same quality he will run games.

He's not world class, he wouldn't get into the top sides in the country, YET... and yet is the key word. His talent will flourish somewhere, just hope it's here

The aspect of his game that he struggles, and hopefully can develop, is when he is identified as a threat and tactics are employed, typically man marking, to neutralise him.

When Gerrard played that position, he always found space and was able to counteract most, if not all, attempts to mark him out of the game.

At times Coutinho is defeated by simple man-marking. However, on his day, he is a delight to watch.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:53 pm

I agree to the extent that he doesn't perform at his absolute best under those circumstances, however, I still think he contributes more than positively when he has a mare. His natural ability means he's always likely to produce a moment and as i said before, he does natually draw players towards him which creates space for others.

He's a quality player none the less and we're lucky to have him.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:06 am

Yep. I think he should start in the middle of the park more often than not. With him, Gerrard, and Henderson in the middle, we are able to control the game much better going forward.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:07 am

Who plays out wide though if he starts in the middle? Adam Lallana is not a wide player
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Can.           Hendo

Coutinho

Sturridge.                  Sterling

Ballotelli

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 am wrote:Who plays out wide though if he starts in the middle? Adam Lallana is not a wide player

I'd give Markovic a run in the team. He needs game time to get to grips with the English league and he's a natural wide man.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:12 am

Markovic looks really bad, so far has shown nothing. It's been like playing with ten men every game he's played
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:43 am

Stu the Red » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:12 pm wrote:Markovic looks really bad, so far has shown nothing. It's been like playing with ten men every game he's played

I've seen him play for us 5/6 times and seen him do fuc* all. Won a corner once maybe. Not seen him beat a man and whip a ball in/have a shot or anything. I don't know if he's not settled or is just Sh*t.

He reminds me of Sebastian Leto.

W#nk

Not to stray away from the Coutinho thread but he was outstanding tonight, looked to play through the middle a bit more often (where he should be everyweek)

Brendan plays Square pegs in round holes with him and Lallana
Kopite-Jud

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:53 am

Add Sterling to that last sentence too when he plays him centrally
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:53 am

Same again. The kid must be scratching his head wondering what is going on. Getting sick of it on his behalf now. He is the only player who is on the move looking for space when we have the ball
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:31 pm

been in top form in the past 3 games.

Superb player, just class
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion