PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:22 am

Brilliant player who ive always liked since he first pulled on the shirt, if he can start to consistently finish like he did last night then he really could reach world class level one day, a player of his quality should really be scoring around 10 goals a season.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Neymar: Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho will become the best player in the Premier League

Neymar believes Philippe Coutinho will emerge as the brightest star in the Premier League.

The Barcelona superstar has known the Liverpool striker since they were kids playing together for the Brazil Under-17 team.

Coutinho, 22, displayed his breathtaking skills to clinch Liverpool’s passage past Bolton in Wednesday’s FA Cup replay victory.

And Neymar said: “He can be the star player in England. This season I think everybody in England is seeing how talented he is - and I know he has a lot more to show.

“We have been good friends since we were 16. Not only is he a fantastic player, he is a good guy to have in the dressing room, always positive and making jokes
Neymar says his Samba pal can give Liverpool that spark they have lacked since Luis Suarez joined him at the Nou Camp.

“I think since Luis joined us at Barcelona, Liverpool have not had that one player they can look to for that special moment,” said Neymar.

“Couto can be that player for them I’m sure. When he has the ball at his feet, he can make things happen for himself and he can make things happen for other players.
He is a very special player.”

Brazil coach Dunga recalled him after he was ignored for the World Cup in his homeland and Neymar has tipped him to have a long international career.

“He will play a big part in the future of the national team,” he said. “The national steam is very strong, but the way he is playing for Liverpool, I’m sure he will be a big part of Brazil going forward.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/neymar-liverpool-midfielder-philippe-coutinho-5113847?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Phil named Player of Month for January

Philippe Coutinho was today named the Standard Chartered Liverpool Player of the Month for January to ensure he retained the trophy.

Having collected the award in December, the Brazilian picked up where he left off in the New Year and earned the right to keep hold of the prize following a fans' vote on this website.

Overall, it's the third time in 2014-15 Coutinho has scooped the Player of the Month trophy, and the fifth in total since he joined the club from Inter Milan in January 2013.

The 22-year-old started all eight games for Liverpool in January, scoring one goal - a crucial last-gasp winner in the FA Cup tie at Bolton Wanderers.

He also committed his long-term future to the Reds by signing a new contract.

Upon receiving the prize in a special presentation at Melwood, Coutinho told Liverpoolfc.com: "It means a lot to me. As I have said before, it will give me confidence on the field. I am very happy and thank all supporters who have voted."

Coutinho's form throughout January earned many plaudits, including a glowing tribute from manager Brendan Rodgers, who described his displays as 'top level'.

The man himself, however, is eager to direct any such praise towards his teammates.

"I think I have been working a lot, but I prefer to talk about the team," he explained. "I think the team has been playing well and that is important for Liverpool.

"I work with my teammates and, of course, I always want do a good job and improve, but I think the team has been playing well. I am happy to hear that [praise], but I think when the team plays well it is good for everyone.

"I always work hard, but of course there are always things to improve and one of them is to score more goals. I have been working on that and in my position that is important. That is something I should improve.

"I thank all the supporters who have voted for me. It makes more confident and I hope I can pay them back."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:44 pm

A well deserved award, his last two performances have been slightly below his recent high standards but over the whole month he has been magnificent.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:44 pm wrote:A well deserved award, his last two performances have been slightly below his recent high standards but over the whole month he has been magnificent.

3 consecutive poor games ,this is crunch time should regroup and get back to it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:06 am

He was fantastic in January, but in all honesty I think the award should have gone to someone from that defence. I think we had more clean sheets in Jan than conceded goals.

I agree with only me. He's been poor these last few matches and desperately needs a rest or he'll burn out.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:06 pm

damjan193 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:06 am wrote:He was fantastic in January, but in all honesty I think the award should have gone to someone from that defence. I think we had more clean sheets in Jan than conceded goals.

I agree with only me. He's been poor these last few matches and desperately needs a rest or he'll burn out.

I'd rotate him with Lallana. Both are classy players, with an eye for a pass and goal. Why not rotate them?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:36 am

Before the match I was planning to start a debate weather or not Coutinho should be benched for the Soton game, but I didn't have the time. I thought that he DESPERATELY needed a rest and I would have used his flop of the match performance (according to our posters in the ratings thread) against Besiktas and the obvious poor performances for a few games in a row as proof. I was actually a bit disappointed when I saw that we're starting with him today because he's just too ineffective when he's tired so I thought there's no point in forcing him, but I was obviously very wrong. What a cracking goal, probably our best of the season.

Here it is>>>> https://vine.co/v/OQvwhHU5nbT
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:20 am

He blows in the wind this lad, sometimes great sometimes seems to be totally off form.

Should we rest him mid week to be ready for the Citeh game? I expect so.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Reg » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:20 am wrote:He blows in the wind this lad, sometimes great sometimes seems to be totally off form.

I think it is more simple than that. When we play against teams that defend deep ( like Basiktas) he loses the options to pass too, when he plays against teams that attack us and allow us to play on the counter he excels. He needs space to pass into.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 pm

I'd bench all the front line before Phillipe  :nod 
Its not that the lad is tired and needs a rest but more so the attention he gets as our most influential player. Most teams target him and seeing as he is slight it is possible to put him off his game if players just focus on sticking to him.

One thing about phillipe is that he never stops moving which is crucial for that role. 90% of the time the lad moves the ball forward instead of sideways or backwards and he has the skills to produce like he did yesterday. For a small lad he also had the drop on wanyama by using his intelligence and movement. If the  team is set out to soak it up like yesterday then his role changes to defending which i also thought he was excellent at yesterday.

The lad if fit is one of the first names on the sheet for me  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:29 am

No player can be at the top of their game all the time, Coutinho is going through a slight trough ATM but he is still worth his place in the side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:38 am

kazza » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:22 pm wrote:
Reg » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:20 am wrote:He blows in the wind this lad, sometimes great sometimes seems to be totally off form.

I think it is more simple than that. When we play against teams that defend deep ( like Basiktas) he loses the options to pass too, when he plays against teams that attack us and allow us to play on the counter he excels. He needs space to pass into.

And he needs a striker who knows how to play on the shoulder of the opposing defenders...who IMO Balotelli is not but Sturridge is.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Make this lad the highest paid player at the club and build a side around him  :nod Players like him don't come along every day.
Wonderfully talented player who is going to be one of the best  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:23 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 pm wrote:Make this lad the highest paid player at the club and build a side around him  :nod Players like him don't come along every day.
Wonderfully talented player who is going to be one of the best  :nod

Best player in the team imo...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion