PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:59 am wrote:
Red Focus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 am wrote:PC I have no doubt has talent but still need improvements in his finishing, passing and ball control. He tends to make poor passes and lose the ball half the time.

Are you Hustler in disguise?

Next you'll be saying Suarez is sh*te.

Coutinho tries through balls, thats his game, get over it.

totally agree with stu............!  pinch me :oops:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:44 pm

supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:04 pm wrote:

totally agree with stu............!  pinch me :oops:

Something bad must be about to happen somewhere in the world!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am

Red Focus are you looking for absolute perfection. Every footballer gets it wrong at times. PC is no different. I'm more interested in what he gets right and that is one hell of a lot. He is one of the key reasons why the 2013 calendar year has been memorable for the right reasons.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:41 pm

devaney » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am wrote:Red Focus are you looking for absolute perfection. Every footballer gets it wrong at times. PC is no different. I'm more interested in what he gets right and that is one hell of a lot. He is one of the key reasons why the 2013 calendar year has been memorable for the right reasons.

Coutinho's a cracking player. No complaints from me, would love a couple more of his quality.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Focus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:06 am

Yes, like I said before, Cou. is a talented player but he's still very young and not the finished article yet and I am sure he'll be one of the best PL players in 3 years time if he stay clear of injuries. Sandro of Spurs compares him to compatriot Ronaldinho which I think is too far fetched at the moment. The Cardiff match, he was good in his ball control but his finishing still has a lot of rooms for improvement. And I am sure he'll improve as he matures down the years.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Red Focus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 am wrote:Yes, like I said before, Cou. is a talented player but he's still very young and not the finished article yet and I am sure he'll be one of the best PL players in 3 years time if he stay clear of injuries. Sandro of Spurs compares him to compatriot Ronaldinho which I think is too far fetched at the moment. The Cardiff match, he was good in his ball control but his finishing still has a lot of rooms for improvement. And I am sure he'll improve as he matures down the years.

ronaldinho was very inconsistent early on in his career, it wasnt until he was 24/25 that he started to come really good, infact halfway through his second season in paris PSG thought they had bought a flop and that was in the french league which is a cakewalk compared to the prem.
coutinho is doing amazingly well, he is playing in the toughest league in the world where flair players dont get the protection they do in france or spain, not only that he is playing for the current league leaders who`s fortune`s turned around the exact moment he and daniel sturridge walked through the door.
coutinho is one of the major reasons we are where we are.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:12 pm wrote:
Red Focus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 am wrote:Yes, like I said before, Cou. is a talented player but he's still very young and not the finished article yet and I am sure he'll be one of the best PL players in 3 years time if he stay clear of injuries. Sandro of Spurs compares him to compatriot Ronaldinho which I think is too far fetched at the moment. The Cardiff match, he was good in his ball control but his finishing still has a lot of rooms for improvement. And I am sure he'll improve as he matures down the years.

ronaldinho was very inconsistent early on in his career, it wasnt until he was 24/25 that he started to come really good, infact halfway through his second season in paris PSG thought they had bought a flop and that was in the french league which is a cakewalk compared to the prem.
coutinho is doing amazingly well, he is playing in the toughest league in the world where flair players dont get the protection they do in france or spain, not only that he is playing for the current league leaders who`s fortune`s turned around the exact moment he and daniel sturridge walked through the door.
coutinho is one of the major reasons we are where we are.

Make no mistake about it, Coutinho and Suarez are the reasons we are were we are.

I'm not suggesting no-one else has contributed but if we didn't have these two players we'd be alot closer to Southampton and Newcastle, maybe even further down the table than what we are now.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Red Focus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:06 am wrote:Yes, like I said before, Cou. is a talented player but he's still very young and not the finished article yet and I am sure he'll be one of the best PL players in 3 years time if he stay clear of injuries. Sandro of Spurs compares him to compatriot Ronaldinho which I think is too far fetched at the moment. The Cardiff match, he was good in his ball control but his finishing still has a lot of rooms for improvement. And I am sure he'll improve as he matures down the years.

far from the finished article which is fantastic for us, he has it all, pace to leave a man, the skill to leave a player rooted to the spot, his control alongside a deft touch and unbelievable vision for a pass. only area he needs to work on is his finishing and while i think he has placement he just lacks the physical power to unwind a shot from 20- 30 yds. that will come but he has been a revelation since he came through that door. he's a very intelligent player who will imo be one of the stars in the prem next year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:04 am

Coutinho is a top player and will get better  :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:09 am

Really happpy he scored. He's been looking very unhappy and jaded lately and it's probably because he's not been scoring as much as he would like. So this goal would be a massive confidence boost for him. Hopefully he continues his antics in the next game which will be billed at the Coutinho vs Oscar game back in Brazil.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redno7 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:49 pm

and billed over here as the... "Liverpool pull Chelsea's pants down and gives them what for" game.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Hope so. That fvcker Jose is saying we're only doing well because we aren't in Europe.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm getting a bit worried to be honest. He over-complicates things sometimes and he wants to dribble past 5 players instead of just trying to pass it to someone (which he does best) and his shooting is a mare. He needs to work on those things a bit.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:16 am

damjan193 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:28 pm wrote:I'm getting a bit worried to be honest. He over-complicates things sometimes and he wants to dribble past 5 players instead of just trying to pass it to someone (which he does best) and his shooting is a mare. He needs to work on those things a bit.

??? He needs to mix it up which he does well. His excellent football brain means he he will always be a good player. If he improves on his shooting he will then be WORLD CLASS, few players are world class.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:45 pm

damjan193 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:28 pm wrote:I'm getting a bit worried to be honest. He over-complicates things sometimes and he wants to dribble past 5 players instead of just trying to pass it to someone (which he does best) and his shooting is a mare. He needs to work on those things a bit.

:oh:

Really?  ???

The lads a fabulous player. Would you prefere it if he just booted it forward then?

His passing and link up play is without a doubt one of the main reasons we are, were we are, this season. The lads been fantastic.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion