Pfa championship team - Would you bring any to anfield?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:54 am

Last night we had the PFA awards where our captain got player of the year and Carra got in the team of the year. Pretty good night for us then. But the premiership wasn't the only league to get a mention at the ceremony and the Championship team of the year was announced as well. What I want to know is; If you were Rafa, looking to bring in some more low cost, yet promising young talent, who would you pick, if anyone, from this team? Most of the team are young (including Ashley Young), and here it is:

.                                Hahnemann
.                                 (Reading)
.          Kelly         Sonko         Lescott         Shorey
.        (Leeds)     (Reading)      (Wolves)      (Reading)
.         Young       Sidwell         Jagielka         Koumas
.       (Watford)   (Reading)    (Sheff. Utd)     (Cardiff)
.                          King            Doyle
.                       (Watford)     (Reading)

Some of these players have looked top notch this season and it will be interesting to see how they fair in the premiership (those that make it) and if any of them get snapped up by a bigger club. If I was going to choose from that team, I'd certainly take Ashley Young who can play on both wings, can cross and shoot and reads the game really well. I don't think I'd go for anyone else (maybe Marlon King, but only if we got another superstar striker in as well) becuase I think we have quality in all the other possitions and youth players coming through as well.

So, who would you have a look at for Liverpool, and why?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:00 pm

havent really seen any of them play, but i still think none of them are good enough at the mo..... but it would be Phil Jagielka for sure cause I know his older brother Steve quite well who now plays for Accrington Stanley... would try and get me some tickets!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:14 pm

Who would be better that who we have now

None of them Im afraid

Reading have stomed the division but I cant help thinking that is this a Notts Forest type situation where they play really well under a good manager but a move to a big club will just go wrong for them
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:26 pm

I havent seen Ashley Young play but i am almost certain that none of the others are near the quality to play for Liverpool.
I know Jason Koumas very well and played in the same team as him aged about 14. He was brilliant and in the same Merseyside representative team as Stevie G, but he is a lazy b@stard and supposedly has a bad attitude. He takes a cracking freekick though and should be in the Premiership imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby deejay-cgt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:24 pm

in championship team there only few who would be able 2 even play in premiership dont aston villa want lescott? marlon king prob be able 2 step up he be good price as well. sidwell good player but he lower premiership he suit everton lol and jagielka is over rated he nothing special.
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:54 pm

None of them are good enough for a top 5 side, although Steve Sidwell and Kevin Doyle are decent players.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ynwa » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:42 pm

none
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:38 pm

I'd say none as well. The only ones i really know anything about are jagielka who is overrated and i think will struggle to stand out in the premiership next season wherever he's playing. The only other one i know is that lescott and from what i've seen of him from the championship and when wolves were in the premier league a couple of years back he is shite. I think that he is playing at the correct level for himself currently. On a side note is it just me or does he not look a bit like these aliens out of star trek :
ImageStar Trek Alien  Image Lescott   :p  :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:24 pm

Phil Jagielka, took out FourFourTwo Magazine's player of the year (for non-premiership players)
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:27 pm

They are all cr@p.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion