New interest in reds

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:36 pm

New interest in Reds

Rick Parry has revealed Liverpool are in negotiations with a mystery investor with rumours of interest from the Middle East.

That prompted the withdrawal of tycoon Steve Morgan, disheartened by failed bids and what he described as indecision at board level at Anfield.

He also accused the board of using him as a means to attract other bids - a charge Parry denied.

He said: "Steve has never been used as a stalking horse. There is no need and that is not the way we do business.

"We had discussions with Steve over the course of 2004. I think we came close to concluding a deal in the summer but that didn't happen."

Parry revealed the new interest emerged in December and its potential is still being evaluated, while denying the door has shut on Morgan, saying: "Steve's interest was taken very much on its own merits.

"The door isn't closed on anything. We had a perfectly sensible dialogue with Steve last year.

"We have a common interest in making Liverpool successful."

The club recently announced it would not be sharing a stadium with neighbours and rivals Everton but did concede Arsenal's £100m deal with Emirates to sponsor their new ground had led the Reds to consider the possibility of a similar scheme.

He said: "I have to say historically it is something I have been against, and I have been on record as saying that, but I think the size of the Arsenal deal is a real eye-opener.

"My personal point of view is that I would find it a hell of a lot more palatable than a shared stadium.

"I recognise it would be an emotive issue for many supporters but you look at the amount of money available and it could go into the team.

"If it was the right partner, how strong is it? Time will tell."

teamtalk
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:57 pm

Fine. As long as the money comes from somewhere. I don't care if it's L4 or a bunch of oil tycoons.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:27 pm

L4  would be bad news for us , it would mean that the team will spend the summer in the states playing games and will get no time off, i know that Steve Nicol has been working with them on New England Revolution soccer franchise but even he has stated he would not like to see l4 take over liverpool
Last edited by lakes10 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:30 pm

lakes10 wrote:L4  would be bad news for us , it would mean that the team will spend the summer in the states playing games and will get no time off, i know that Steve Nicol has been working with them on New England Revolution soccer franchise but even he has stated he would not like to see l4 take over liverpool

Where did you read this?

Do you have a source as that is intresting indeed if true.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:00 pm

I hope that the group or persons who do eventually invest in the club, love LFC and have its best interests at heart. I would hate to see it asset stripped before our eyes.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:57 pm

Where did you read about Steve Nicol ? a pretty dangerous thing to say in regards to his job security speaking out against his employer i think.
If a manager of one of the premiership  sides spoke out against their  employer buying into another sport then its a good bet they would be out on their ear.......its undermining the boss and company policy
liamac
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion