NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:47 pm

We need a captain.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:13 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... ore-target

It's beginning to look like FSG won't get a full sale and even investment is a doubt.  No one is seemingly willing to pay the full asking price or for a minority share so what will that mean for us in the summer.

Asking price is a bit high anyway considering no owner apparently makes money out of the game. How many years out of the last 12 years has the club turned a profit after taxes. Last year yes but look at what we had to do to get that and look at the toll it took on the squad. The CL has been bringing in massive money that we can't live without either.  Still loads of time to go but now is the time to be exploring deals and laying the ground work so we get what we want.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:29 am

I think the sale of Chelsea changed the game for these owners as they got sold for a ridiculously high price, but Chelsea are a different proposition as they are in a very desirable part of London and land prices are premium and the sale price shows it. ManUre have sold their brand well but nowhere near what their asking price is, same could be said for Liverpool
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:28 pm

None of the clubs are worth that kind of money and you would have to question who exactly is putting a figure on what a club is worth. For example we were bought for 300 mil 12 years ago and despite the club not making money it's now worth 4 billion.  :laugh:

It isn't costing FSG a single rex to own this club so is this why they are holding out for a ridiculous price. Manure realised they weren't getting what they asked but still negotiated a sale while we seemed to have shifted to look for some mug that will pump in a reported 2 bil for a minority share. I just pi$$es me off that they announced their intentions after we did and have it wrapped up while we plod around in limbo hoping for an even bigger Mug to buy it.

We could find ourselves in a similar situation to what we were 20 years ago. Miles behind the other clubs. Manure with zero debt and an open cheque book will be unstoppable.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:30 am

It's a weird one with FSG, at one stage I want them out, and in the next breath I'm all for them to stay.

I was abit harsh and it's because the lack of ambition has cost us this season.. especially when you could see it before it happened.

But you look at Chelsea having spent all that money and theres still no improvement..

If we could go back to buying players under the radar for £30-£40m that fit our profile then I'm sure we'll still be a force in the future.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:47 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:30 pm wrote:It's a weird one with FSG, at one stage I want them out, and in the next breath I'm all for them to stay.

I was abit harsh and it's because the lack of ambition has cost us this season.. especially when you could see it before it happened.

But you look at Chelsea having spent all that money and theres still no improvement..

If we could go back to buying players under the radar for £30-£40m that fit our profile then I'm sure we'll still be a force in the future.

We seem to have lost the talent that was unearthing those 30-40m buys.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:51 pm

kazza » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:47 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:30 pm wrote:It's a weird one with FSG, at one stage I want them out, and in the next breath I'm all for them to stay.

We seem to have lost the talent that was unearthing those 30-40m buys.
You're right.. I think that's the reason Julian Ward quit his role. Maybe he didn't feel he was upto the role left by Edwards, or simply the club became impatient with him and the pressure made him walk.

We've been linked with a couple of new sporting directors today so I'm guessing the club feels that's a area that needs filling in ASAP. We are linked with Markus Krosche from Frankfurt who I think had good success as a sporting director at RB Leipzig before moving on. The other guy we are looking at is Paul Mitchell from Monaco, but Monaco insist he's going nowhere.

So it's going to be a interesting next 4-5 months.. hopefully we have everything in place before next season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:04 pm

John Henry confirms FSG are not selling the club. TBF to them this has been the party line since all this started in November. Sounds like they will sell a minority stake in the next few months and I'm guessing the rest a few years down the line.

"I know there has been a lot of conversation and quotes about LFC (Liverpool Football Club), but I keep to the facts: we merely formalized an ongoing process," he said.

"Will we be in England forever? No. Are we selling LFC? No. Are talking with investors about LFC? Yes. Will something happen there? I believe so, but it won't be a sale. Have we sold anything in the past 20+ years?"
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:26 pm

Eagle » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:04 pm wrote:John Henry confirms FSG are not selling the club. TBF to them this has been the party line since all this started in November. Sounds like they will sell a minority stake in the next few months and I'm guessing the rest a few years down the line.

"I know there has been a lot of conversation and quotes about LFC (Liverpool Football Club), but I keep to the facts: we merely formalized an ongoing process," he said.

"Will we be in England forever? No. Are we selling LFC? No. Are talking with investors about LFC? Yes. Will something happen there? I believe so, but it won't be a sale. Have we sold anything in the past 20+ years?"
To be honest I wish they would just keep everything private, especially before a massive game. Its a massive distraction!!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:45 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:57 am

Can FSG give Jurgen the required funds to fix this mess?

We need a world class CB to start with. We have Konate for the future and VVD can still do the job for a couple of years.. Gomez isn't up to the job anymore and Matip has slowed down dramatically this season. We also need a reliable RB to cover for Trent.

The midfield is a real mess! Hendo, Thiago and Fabinho can't do the job anymore. It needed freshening up in the summer and this seasons disaster is all down to that neglect. We now need 3 new midfielders to replace the players we've got and it's gonna cost us close to £200m to fix.

It's a £300m-£350m fix so we get back to competing.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:00 pm

With their awesome announcement before the match and potentially still having them around next season, wouldn't be surprised if Klopp walks. I honestly wouldn't blame blame.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:54 pm

Even if  we do get investment there is no guarantee Klopp will get a windfall to sign what he needs.  They will write off as much of it as they can as losses starting with a round of 16 exit. No CL next season and more of that investment dissapears. They might decide to call in their loans as well.

What I'm trying to say it that just because we are holding out for investment doesn't mean that whatever they bring in will be used to rebuild the team.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:35 pm

Accounts were released today and we posted a pre tax profit of 7.5 mil. That was after a big big year where we played every game possible. Those accounts won't show Salah's increase or the Nunez and Gakpo signings either. Revenue will be way down this year as well so if we fail to finish in top 4 we have a big problem.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:32 am

When you look at how much PL clubs make profit per year, I cannot understand why it’s the trend right now to buy PL teams if you are mega rich. There must be something else we are not seeing. I see going from 300 million to 3 billion as a reason why but Liverpool was an exception, but a team like Chelsea selling for 3 billion…. and not state funded or a superfan? Seems dodgy!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion