NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:42 am

Even those that may have been supportive of our current owners must surely be alarmed by this

From today's Daily Mirror

Liverpool's owners have risked the wrath of the club's fans with a boast on their website about turning their fans into customers.

In the 'portfolio' section of the Fenway Sports Management site the company have used Liverpool as an example of where they are "transforming fans into customers"

The statement comes amid a huge backlash against the club's new ticket pricing system that has introduced the first £1,000 season ticket and £77 match day tickets.

The official Liverpool Supporters' Committee (LSC) branded the new ticket pricing structure as "morally unjustifiable".

FSM

The LSC have been worked with the club for over a year hoping to ensure supporting the club was affordable. While some progress whas been made with regards to ticket pricing and allocation for young and local fans, many ticket prices have risen considerably.

An LSC statement read: “The outcome is extremely disappointing and a missed opportunity for LFC to lead in a fairer approach to ticket prices.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:56 am

There's a mixed reaction to change in ticket prices. Some are saying that it's a pleasant surprise that the prices won't change much for them and no other Premier League club would have done the same. While some, mainly those who are in the main stand, will see big rises and are not happy.

I wouldn't get too upset by the £77 headline. It's the same as getting happy about the £9 ticket prices. Due to the quantity available it's pretty insignificant.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:35 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:42 am wrote:Even those that may have been supportive of our current owners must surely be alarmed by this

Liverpool's owners have risked the wrath of the club's fans with a boast on their website about turning their fans into customers.

In the 'portfolio' section of the Fenway Sports Management site the company have used Liverpool as an example of where they are "transforming fans into customers"

The statement comes amid a huge backlash against the club's new ticket pricing system that has introduced the first £1,000 season ticket and £77 match day tickets.

The official Liverpool Supporters' Committee (LSC) branded the new ticket pricing structure as "morally unjustifiable".

FSM

The LSC have been worked with the club for over a year hoping to ensure supporting the club was affordable. While some progress whas been made with regards to ticket pricing and allocation for young and local fans, many ticket prices have risen considerably.

An LSC statement read: “The outcome is extremely disappointing and a missed opportunity for LFC to lead in a fairer approach to ticket prices.

I'm not mate, not at all because this is the truth and they are being transparent about it. All clubs operate that way ALL. Maybe because I have a degree in finance and an MBA in business administration I can understand really well how businesses work (of course not saying all of you don't!, but I can see the owner's point of view).

I posted this in another forum and I disagree with the increased in ticket prices, but you have to take supply and demand into effect:

Most of the revenues that we generate are from who? us, fans, supporters (local and global). Same way businesses make money from clients, customers, etc...

''without our money for tickets, merchandise, etc... we won't have money to spend on players, improve the team and improve the club's infrastructure. Every one of us wants us to see challenging for titles and trophies, everyone one of us want us to see pay 50m for quality players, so this is why ticket prices have increased (as much as I disagree with it) and the club coming out with many sorts of marketing strategies to improve revenues.

IMO, the ticket price increase is a problem, it is also happening to all top clubs who are competing with rise and demand (this is basic economics, rise in demand will increase prices) but we need solutions, instead of pointing fingers and scapegoating the owners. There is a petition going around that allows safe standing in the kop, this helps increase revenues by extra capacities at lower ticket prices and of course improves the atmosphere. You can easily increase Kop capacity by 3-5k with lower ticket prices and of course everyone buys drinks and snacks. This will improve the club's image and make all of us happier, so why is no one pushing for it? why are we here complaining, whining and threatening to boycott when we can actually provide other solutions for the owners to take into consideration. the owners will definitely listen and they will take notice.''

Last part about some fans who are threatening to boycott. Worst idea ever as it will not help us at all, even in the long term.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:54 pm

That's scandalous tbh, labelling fans customers is just a total antithesis of what the culture of football is all about.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:08 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:52 am wrote:This is how the power of the media, plus ignorance, can make a good story. What we have here is an attempt by Ayre to spin the ticket situation to convince us that we have benefitted.
I am disappointed and angry that A: he should even try this bullsh'it and B: that people would fall for it
:no

Precisely my sentiments mate ,I cant believe how anyone can be that easily duped into believing the price hike is not down to plain avarice, and actually view such a duplicitous statement as the owners giving something back !   :no

I think of it this way.
FSG could have just hiked up all prices with disregard to all others.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:18 pm

metalhead » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:35 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:42 am wrote:Even those that may have been supportive of our current owners must surely be alarmed by this

FSM

I'm not mate, not at all because this is the truth and they are being transparent about it. All clubs operate that way ALL. Maybe because I have a degree in finance and an MBA in business administration I can understand really well how businesses work (of course not saying all of you don't!, but I can see the owner's point of view).

I posted this in another forum and I disagree with the increased in ticket prices, but you have to take supply and demand into effect:

Most of the revenues that we generate are from who? us, fans, supporters (local and global). Same way businesses make money from clients, customers, etc...

''without our money for tickets, merchandise, etc... we won't have money to spend on players, improve the team and improve the club's infrastructure. Every one of us wants us to see challenging for titles and trophies, everyone one of us want us to see pay 50m for quality players, so this is why ticket prices have increased (as much as I disagree with it) and the club coming out with many sorts of marketing strategies to improve revenues.

IMO, the ticket price increase is a problem, it is also happening to all top clubs who are competing with rise and demand (this is basic economics, rise in demand will increase prices) but we need solutions, instead of pointing fingers and scapegoating the owners. There is a petition going around that allows safe standing in the kop, this helps increase revenues by extra capacities at lower ticket prices and of course improves the atmosphere. You can easily increase Kop capacity by 3-5k with lower ticket prices and of course everyone buys drinks and snacks. This will improve the club's image and make all of us happier, so why is no one pushing for it? why are we here complaining, whining and threatening to boycott when we can actually provide other solutions for the owners to take into consideration. the owners will definitely listen and they will take notice.''

Last part about some fans who are threatening to boycott. Worst idea ever as it will not help us at all, even in the long term.

+1 Here ^^^
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:54 pm wrote:That's scandalous tbh, labelling fans customers is just a total antithesis of what the culture of football is all about.

:nod   :nod   :nod

Although I have reservations regarding the price structure for tickets my main Gripe is FSG's banner "Turning Fans into Customers"    :veryangry

What the f*ck  :veryangry   I'm not a f*cking  "Customer"   :veryangry  you *****  :veryangry  when I go into McDonalds I'm a "customer" , when given the chance I buy a ticket (whatever the cost) to see the  team I've followed for 62 years I think it's fair to consider myself to be a fan not a f*cking customer !   :veryangry  you f*cking f*cking ***** !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Some folks wanted us to pay 53 million for this unknown Texeira lad, what were they going to pay with, magic money? If we're to bring in the (minimum) 4 core players we need to rebuild this side then we have to pay with real money. Old Trafford match day revenues are nearly twice ours.... No matter how you dress it up, we to pay for better players, we can't live in the past when there were 25,000 stood on the Kop at 75p each.  (Yes folks, that's what it cost when I started going).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Reg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:53 pm wrote:Some folks wanted us to pay 53 million for this unknown Texeira lad, what were they going to pay with, magic money? If we're to bring in the (minimum) 4 core players we need to rebuild this side then we have to pay with real money. Old Trafford match day revenues are nearly twice ours.... No matter how you dress it up, we to pay for better players, we can't live in the past when there were 25,000 stood on the Kop at 75p each.  (Yes folks, that's what it cost when I started going).

Some sense at last
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:56 pm

The thing is this is not an LFC issue, it’s a football issue. SOS should be working with fan groups from all other clubs to organise coordinated boycotts that will hit clubs in the pocket. That’s the only way change will come about. I admire the 77 minute boycott but it won’t make any significant difference. At best it will bring the club and fans back round the negotiating table and the club will throw a few scraps from their feast to the fans to keep them quite. That’s how it works.

Now if fans from all Premier League clubs agreed not to buy any tickets say for all game in March, that would hit the club in the pocket and change their attitude. The biggest chunk of club revenue goes into pockets of players, and that’s the first thing clubs would cut back on if they had to significantly drop ticket prices. Imagine if each club cut their wage bill by 15% and used all that money to cut ticket prices. But the lower player wages get the less competitive the Premier League will get in terms of attracting the best players, managers and ultimately sponsors and TV deals. Players would be going to other parts of Europe, China and the Middle East.

I think tickets prices have gone too far and anger amongst fans is bubbling, but it’s quite a complex issue. Apart from West Ham who have been given a lovely new stadium on the cheap and wouldn’t fill it if they charged £50+ for tickets, FSG have done OK when you compare them to other football clubs owners.

Ultimately if FSG were to freeze or reduce ticket prices while all other football increase there’s, we will become less competitive in the transfer market. It works much better if all football clubs do it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Well somebody has to pay for all the dross we've singed over the years. Not surprised at all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Reg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:53 pm wrote:Some folks wanted us to pay 53 million for this unknown Texeira lad, what were they going to pay with, magic money? If we're to bring in the (minimum) 4 core players we need to rebuild this side then we have to pay with real money. Old Trafford match day revenues are nearly twice ours.... No matter how you dress it up, we to pay for better players, we can't live in the past when there were 25,000 stood on the Kop at 75p each.  (Yes folks, that's what it cost when I started going).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cheapest-barcelona-bayern-munich-season-6635285
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Woof 62 years a fan !!

Woof just how old are you or were you a fan from birth  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:03 pm wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cheapest-barcelona-bayern-munich-season-6635285

I don't think you can compare with barca though, Camp Nou has almost a  capacity of 100,000 and sponsorship deals that are way bigger than any other English club. They can afford to give cheaper tickets.

German teams manage it the best, well German economy is based on medium size businesses, so they have the money to manage
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:39 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:08 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:52 am wrote:This is how the power of the media, plus ignorance, can make a good story. What we have here is an attempt by Ayre to spin the ticket situation to convince us that we have benefitted.
I am disappointed and angry that A: he should even try this bullsh'it and B: that people would fall for it
:no

Precisely my sentiments mate ,I cant believe how anyone can be that easily duped into believing the price hike is not down to plain avarice, and actually view such a duplicitous statement as the owners giving something back !   :no

I think of it this way.
FSG could have just hiked up all prices with disregard to all others.

No they fucking couldn't ,not if their intentions were to rope in the gullible , they've completely ignored the LSC 's protestations about the profound effects that a price hike would have on the average fan . I mean for fucks sake Anfield is quiet enough on match days without diehard fans deeming enough is enough !  What then ? More supporters who live on the other side of the world complaining about the atmosphere  ??? Get a fucking grip fella ,£77 for the Derby ,I mean the same people who are pro the rise are the same ones who expound regularly on why the club should be more frugal in the transfer market..... Cue Twilight Zone theme  :alien:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion