NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:40 am

Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:14 pm wrote:What are they supposed to be saying to people ?

It's the closed season at the moment - people are on holiday , scouts are checking players out at tournaments - all football clubs are quiet right now.

So again - what are the owners supposed to be telling us whilst the closed season is going on ?

For years people didn't hear anything from owners - not one single thing , they as Shanks used to say - are there to sign the cheques.

H&G used to fight their battles daily in the press - they made a mockery of our club and people just wanted them to shut up and leave

Current owners speak when it's needed and beyond that just sit in the background as they no doubt feel they have no need to constantly be in the media.

I would prefer the owners just continue to be going on with stuff in the background and when there is something significant for us to know then they will speak - until then we don't need to know.

So you honestly think that finshing sixth last season, selling our best players and replacing them with dross or kids and keeping Rodgers creating a perfect storm for a full blown meltdown next season aren't issues that the owners should speak out on?

God bless you lad.   :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:23 am

Sterling is hardly our best player. In fact I haven't seen a player so over-rated as to someone willing to fork out (reportedly ) 50 million for him. Don't want to jinx it but if city do come back with a 50 million bid, they would have gifted us 30 million extra, as in terms of quality sterling IMHO is only worth 20.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:34 am

I didn't say he was our best PLAYER. I said best PLAYERS, with an 's'.......plural.

Sterling, Suarez and Gerrard were in our top 5 a few seasons back (2013/2014). I would add Coutinho and Sturridge to round out the 5.

I don't think you can argue that Sterling isn't one of our best players we have, so really don't know what point you are trying to make?

Selling him for 20, 30, 40, 50 or even 100m won't make a difference as all we will do is pi.ss it away on more dross or kids. Just like we did with Suarez.

As I said early, I shudder to think how much money we will get for him and how badly we will spend it.

In regards to Sterling, I agree he is over-rated, another Theo Walcott, who will NEVER hit a level that is worth 40 or 50m.

He is young and English, the only reasons why these stupid prices are being bandied about.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:55 am

The issue is that Sterling, still young and unproven, is considered to be our top/one of our top players when he is only squad quality at best.  We didn't replace Suarez but bought Balotelli and Lambert to complement Sturridge and both have failed. Danny cannot be relied on as he's always injured so we saw Sterling playing up front. 1st Problem. We have someone called Borini but even when we're desperate we don't play him.

Sterling's value is not based on last season, it's based on how he played alongside SAS. Based last season he's 20 million.

Coutinho is a good squad player as well again playing above his pay grade 2 seasons ago complementing SAS. Henderson is a squad player. But we have players in the team who should be moved on to allow us to bring in core quality -  Lucas, Allen, Enrique, Borini, Balotelli and Lambert. In fact there's @8 players in the squad below I've never heard of.   * means should go.

So if the owners and transfer committee are guilty of one thing, it's allowing the quality of the squad to deteriorate in general, keeping dross for too long and not moving players on to consolidate finance to bring in the right players. There isn't ANYONE in reality that Utd, Citeh or Arsenal would really like to poach.

1. Jones*
2. Johnson*
3. Enrique*
4. Toure
6. Lovren
8. Gerrard*
9. Lambert*
10. Coutinho
14. Henderson
15. Sturridge
16. Coates*
17. Sakho
18. Moreno
19. Manquillo
20. Lallana
21. Lucas*
22. Mignolet
23. Can
24. Allen*
26. Ilori*
29. Borini*
31. Sterling
32. Brannagan
33. Ibe
36. Yesil
37. Skrtel
38. Flanagan
41. Dunn
44. Smith
45. Balotelli
46. Rossiter
47. Wisdom
48. Sinclair
49. Williams
50. Markovic
51. Jones
52. Ward
53. Teixeira*
54. Ojo
- Alberto
- Aspas
- Gomez
- Origi
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:07 am

eds » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:40 am wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:14 pm wrote:What are they supposed to be saying to people ?

It's the closed season at the moment - people are on holiday , scouts are checking players out at tournaments - all football clubs are quiet right now.

So again - what are the owners supposed to be telling us whilst the closed season is going on ?

For years people didn't hear anything from owners - not one single thing , they as Shanks used to say - are there to sign the cheques.

H&G used to fight their battles daily in the press - they made a mockery of our club and people just wanted them to shut up and leave

Current owners speak when it's needed and beyond that just sit in the background as they no doubt feel they have no need to constantly be in the media.

I would prefer the owners just continue to be going on with stuff in the background and when there is something significant for us to know then they will speak - until then we don't need to know.

So you honestly think that finshing sixth last season, selling our best players and replacing them with dross or kids and keeping Rodgers creating a perfect storm for a full blown meltdown next season aren't issues that the owners should speak out on?

God bless you lad.   :laugh:

Why should the owners speak out ?

Surely they should address any issues in house with the relevant people instead of airing the laundry in public ?

Or is it people's hankering to demand to know everything that's going on behind the scenes ?
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:00 am

It could just be that it is cheaper to keep Rodgers but fire the coaching staff rather than bring in a new manager with a transfer kitty to spend. That's why they don't comment in public.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Thought that this belonged here:
Let's be careful for what we wish for...
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -new-owner
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:42 pm

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters.
Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques." – Bill Shankly

That’s pretty much what they’ve done right? Signed off lots of cheques and pretty much kept quite?
Eagle

Postby eds » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 am wrote:

As I said because:

We finished sixth last season. Rodgers promised us a top 4 finish?
We are selling our best players and replacing them with dross or kids!
We are keeping Rodgers as our manager.
All valid reasons on why they need to speak out.

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 am wrote:Surely they should address any issues in house with the relevant people instead of airing the laundry in public ?

Our performance on the field is not an "in house" issue. It's the be all and end all of our existance as a club.
As the article points out they have acknowledged this over the pond with their boring bat sport but have failed to so with us.

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 am wrote:Or is it people's hankering to demand to know everything that's going on behind the scenes ?

No, fans who pay their hard earned dollars to watch and support their team expect some sort of communication when there is a crisis.  :upside:

eds

Postby eds » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Eagle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:42 pm wrote:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters.
Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques." – Bill Shankly

That’s pretty much what they’ve done right? Signed off lots of cheques and pretty much kept quite?

Do you honestly think that the owners have no involvement in our club besides "signing checks"?

Rightio :laugh:

eds

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:28 am

As owners they SHOULD be fully involved in the running of the club, if they didn't it would be very odd.

Ok BR promised us 4th... we failed. I guess this is where the owners have to analise what happened and take appropriate action - hence the coaches were failed.

Did you see by the way they're promoting the U16 coach to 1st team coach? Hardly in the right mold! But cheap.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:07 am

eds » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 am wrote:

As I said because:

We finished sixth last season. Rodgers promised us a top 4 finish?
We are selling our best players and replacing them with dross or kids!
We are keeping Rodgers as our manager.
All valid reasons on why they need to speak out.

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 am wrote:Surely they should address any issues in house with the relevant people instead of airing the laundry in public ?

Our performance on the field is not an "in house" issue. It's the be all and end all of our existance as a club.
As the article points out they have acknowledged this over the pond with their boring bat sport but have failed to so with us.

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 am wrote:Or is it people's hankering to demand to know everything that's going on behind the scenes ?

No, fans who pay their hard earned dollars to watch and support their team expect some sort of communication when there is a crisis.  :upside:

You haven't given one valid reason for them to speak out

Except for you wanting to hear reasons - it doesn't matter , they will speak when needed and that's fine by me.

They can continue in the background instead of being in the media

It's such a shame in this media driven world people's hankering for people to say something.

There is nothing for them to say to you or anyone
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:09 am

Reg » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:28 am wrote:As owners they SHOULD be fully involved in the running of the club, if they didn't it would be very odd.

Ok BR promised us 4th... we failed. I guess this is where the owners have to analise what happened and take appropriate action - hence the coaches were failed.

Did you see by the way they're promoting the U16 coach to 1st team coach? Hardly in the right mold! But cheap.

Why isn't it in the "right mold" ?

We always used to promote up and I'm glad we are doing again.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:34 am

Right mold implies he is suitably experienced U16 and Champions League are hardly similar - would Ure, Chelsea or Citeh do likewise?

If we were on the right track we wouldn't have fired the assistant manager and first team coach. The 32-year-old Pepijn Lijnders joined last summer from Porto as Liverpool's U16 coach

No word on a replacement assistant manager by the way. Pre-season starts in a few weeks...

Maybe a coincedence but Rafa lost his coaches before he imploded. Maybe thats why people were saying BR lost the dressing room (crass expression), not the players but the coaches?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:59 am

He is a coach Reg - he will coach players not manage

He is a highly rated young coach with a great thinking about the way we should play

Marsh before was coaching youth teams - all coaches start somewhere and if you have the right ideas and methods it doesn't matter if its U18,21 international etc

He was coaching the U18 the same way as the other teams in the club - and you only have to read what Carra says about him to see that he has done impressive work with the youngsters

Why has a habit creeped into our fans of dismissing people before they have even started.

Lets give them a chance.

And I'm sure an Assistant will be hired in good time. There is no rush and it wouldn't effect pre season
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion