NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:47 am wrote:I think we will look back at this window as an opportunity seriously squandered, this season the likes of City, Chelsea, United, Spurs and Everton all had to deal with the upheaval of having new managers and even with Moyes in charge there's no way United will have a start as bad as this again. No way will they be losing 5 home games before Christmas again any time in the near future.
Our strikers have had unbelievable seasons and yet we are level on points with spurs who actually sacked their manager and we are only one point ahead of Everton.
IMO FSG should of got the chequebook out and spent big this month, we were riding high in the league, Suarez was on fire and had just signed a new contract and after beating spurs and running city so close a lot of big name players would have fancied coming here.
If we don't finish in the top 4 this year we never will, because next year we will be without Suarez and we will have to compete with the likes of City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal who are all spending £30m+ on big name players.
At the beginning on the month John Henry tweeted the odds of teams finishing in the top four, it was something like City 99%, Chelsea 91%, Arsenal 87%, LFC 61%, Man United 30%, Everton 20% and Spurs 12%.
I think we have been complacent this window, I think FSG thought that 4th statistically was in the bag

I like you mate.

You clearly articulate everything I'm feeling at the moment.   :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Eds I take your point about the Carroll/Downing debacle and yes it needs to be forgotten about as quickly as possible. Let's face it selling Torres for £50m did them no harm and nor did buying Suarez at £22m. Courtinho and Sturridge would also be big profit earners if they were sold. It clearly is not all bad news. My problem, similar to your own, is the work that our player transfer committee are doing and that needs to change.

I'm not sure that it always comes down to just the price tag and what appears to be a miserly stance taken by the club. So much goes on behind the scenes contractually that we will never know the entire story.

I just hope they do something meaningful in the next few days.
Last edited by devaney on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:59 pm

So do I Devaney.

If we don't sign a DM and play Gerrard there we are f**ked.  :down:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Get rid of this so called negotiator of transfers (Ian Ayre). No one will come if he is doing the talking cause he'll likely walk away at the slightest hint of an increase in price, even by a penny.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... /9136838/-?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:18 pm

I still don't think that Rodgers should be blamed for our poor transfer dealings. It's just the owners. I doubt that any manager in his right mind wouldn't want to have players such as Mata, Matic, Draxler etc. in his team. Rodgers has to make-do with what's given to him and that's very little compared to our rivals. And it's not like we need hundreds of millions. We need just a little more in order to make sure we finish in the top 4. That's where the money is anyway, but you need to spend first in order to gain.

I understand that the owners don't want to get burned again after they lost a lot of money with the signings of Downings and Carrolls but this team has shown that it's more than capable of competing with everyone in the league so I can't understand how can that not be good enough to convince the owners to invest.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:28 pm

Don't expect FSG to bankrupt the club but a bit more communication on the finances and transfer dealings would not go amiss.

Despite social media being mostly miss we do eventually get a correct transfer thread and the club cannot keep its business
behind closed doors completely. We have a good idea what is going on.

What does disappoint me is there seems to be no urgency to buy or attempt to excite the fans, and no deal is from the heart
and so clinical and calculated.

It was there in the early days of their tenure of course but they got burned so bad its sent them too far the other way now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:40 pm

parchpea » Jan 27th, '14, 23:28 wrote:Don't expect FSG to bankrupt the club but a bit more communication on the finances and transfer dealings would not go amiss.

Despite social media being mostly miss we do eventually get a correct transfer thread and the club cannot keep its business
behind closed doors completely. We have a good idea what is going on.

What does disappoint me is there seems to be no urgency to buy or attempt to excite the fans, and no deal is from the heart
and so clinical and calculated.

It was there in the early days of their tenure of course but they got burned so bad its sent them too far the other way now.

It has indeed, they don't have the stomach for the game. They are not willing to take risks at any cost, ever. Therefore they should sell up. Sorry, but I'm just sick of all the rubbish of this transfer window.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:49 am

to be fair to the owners, we have brought in alot of player during summer...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 am

We have bought players but only 'squad fillers' for the most part and what we need, and Rodgers wants, are top class footballers
that we can put in the first 11 to try and get us top 4.

Youth system at Liverpool is bang on and nobody has an issue buying players that are slightly ahead of that with potential but
quite often you have to throw a lot of money in and this is where FSG have lost their bottle.

They seem like decent people but their first love is baseball and they attend half a dozen Liverpool games a year maximum, and
we cannot go on thanking them forever for getting us out of a hole.

Rodgers is a good manager and has put us in brilliant position and no doubt expected backing in this window, but Salah has slipped
away through sheer greed, lowballing and p*ssing about over a top class young player, and naturally he has been snapped up by
a club willing and able to invest.

Mourhino is almost using his former apprentice as a trusted scout now and buying players he identifies. That is how good Rodgers is.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:16 am

Salah is Sh*t anyway... If we didn't miss out on him and signed him, not many will be convinced...to me he is another one at around Alberto's level and that's hardly an impact buy like what Rodgers watch talking about...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:40 am

maguskwt » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 am wrote:Salah is Sh*t anyway... If we didn't miss out on him and signed him, not many will be convinced...to me he is another one at around Alberto's level and that's hardly an impact buy like what Rodgers watch talking about...

With respect I doubt Alberto is anywhere near Salah, and Alberto will not be on Mourhino's radar I guarantee that.

We generally buy players who are considered under valued by the committee and hope to turn them into valued squad members, and more importantly profit.

Hard graft for a manager when your remit is top 4 and the cost of the football game is hard to stomach for FSG.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 am

I dont agree that Salah is Sh*t. I've seen him play 4 or 5 games in Europe and has always looked one of the best if not the best on the pitch, like against chelsea. I'm not sure how you can compare him to alberto in anyway. They wanted 12 we bid 6 or 8 depending on reports and our illustrious committee fked around for a month expecting them to say - oh go on then have him because he's Sh*t like your Alberto (maybe). It was never going to happen and all along a 10-11m bid would have got him way before chelsea needed someone in.
Someone should be sacked for that alone. I think the reasoning there was to go back to 3 at the back with sterling and salah on the flanks. We could then stick with our diamond in mid with one back two ahead and have SAS upfront. I like the look of that and i'm sure that was the plan all things considered.
I feel sorry for BR, its him whose in the firing line, it's him having to face the media, and with every interview you can see he is more and more down hearted. He's being let down from above. From his perspective he's got us in a great position all along saying we need 2 or 3 first teamers in jan to push on. Jan comes and its same old same old and now it seems he's been told to look for loans..............

We are the most wealthy team not in the CL, we've just signed all these sponsorship deals, so where is it FSG???? SHOW US THE FKIN MONEY!!!!!!   :veryangry      This our money to add much needed players, not yours FSG. Sort it out quick or fk off because you obviously dont care and must be on some kind of fiddle.  If we were aloud to spend OUR money that we are bringing in and the fact we were told we still had money in the bank from the summer as well due to more fkin around. Im sure every supporter would agree, we are in a great position, but even without all the injuries we knew as well as BR we needded a few more 1st teamers
The most idiotic thing is them not having a go knowing that if it goes tits up, we will get  all the money and more back when Suarez leaves. If anyone can speak to these ***** on twiter or any of the other FSG, or that c*nt Ian Ayre. Tell them their performance is *****. And what was this Sh*t about FFP?  we arent looking for handouts we are a wealthy club, just let the manager sort out the transfers, Salah would be here by now if that was the case. Lot of new sponsorship deals but no money for players. Im going to have a break down if this dont change.  :no 

their letting the club down
Last edited by Rush Job on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:01 am

I'm losing patience with their lack of urgency with regards to new players. I read someone that another player on our radar might be hijacked - Fernando to Manure. Seriously, how cheapskate can our club be? Going around pretending to be looking at items from Harrods but willing to pay prices of Tesco's range. They are gonna fk up the best chance we've got of getting back in the ECL in years. And Manure will only get stronger seeing the changes going about there.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby eds » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:01 am

Agreeing with everything that is being said and the frustration fans are starting to feel.

I wouldn't actually be surprised that they aren't going to spend any money this month and are going in with this low-ball bs approach to deliberately get beaten by our rivals in "signing" players.

It would be a very clever way of deflecting from the fact that the purse strings have been shut tight and Rodgers can't say anything about it, why else would they have flown across the pond? To deliver the bad news in person!

It's clear as day we needed a f**king DM yesterday and these yanks have just been messing us around, doing f**k all about it.

Don't you dare blame Rodgers at the end of the season if we can't maintain our over-achieving ways with the squad we have.

Put it this way, if we don't see anyone come in over the next four days the true fans will turn just like they did against tweedle-dee and twiddle-dum.

You can take your sustainability, frugality, moneyball bs and f**k off back to Neverland.  :angry:

eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:28 am

I can see Yank Out banners being dusted down in the near future.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion