My letter to rafa - Sort it out mate

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:18 pm

bavlondon wrote:Im not that upset. We need more players and Rafa knows that, the club kows that so im just gonna sit back and watch the club build up, after all that is what Rafa is here to do isnt it? - rebuild the club.

Were you all honestly expecting over the summer to be on Chelseas level every game. Yes we can compete with them we and they both know that. Today wasnt our day, our mistakes contributed to our downfall. Everyone seems to forget that they have spent over £250,000,000 on their squa over the last 2 years. What we should NOT  be doing is setting up threads like the ones i see "nice one rafa", or "letter to rafa". I can understand were all fustrated but in all honesty if you (and when i say you i mean you alone as one person) were granted power of the board would you honesty sack RB. NO of course not beacsue hes a world class manager and how do we know this ? Becasue we won the friggin European Cup in his first year. You all seem to forget the losses we encountered all leavign confused after full time last season like the ones against Monaco or Olympiakos. This is one game and one game only. So what im trying to say is would peewee, and all you other impatient people please find a kids forum on which to air your stupid and always irrational posts on and let Rafa do his  job without you  on his case every time we slip up a bit. Sorry for the use of language moderators but this has to be said and its really dicking me of how imbecile like some people are on this forum. I come to this forum to take part in a matiure discussion not to watch babies throw their  rattle out of their prams every time something slips up. FFS

spot on mate!

as for me.. im not a scouser or lived in england but i cheered for liverpool when i was 14 years of age (ok 4 years ago  :laugh: ) but pewee be patient! i just want to tell you that. people are forgetting that Rafa won the Champions League last year and no one is giving him credit for that! He won it in his first season! he got us to the carling cup final, although we lost in the F.A cup but he had faith in his youngsters and that was a good sign because this shows more respect the young reds have for him and will believe in themselves more. sunday's game was a disaster but don't look at the negative look at the positives! we controlled the game statistics showed we had 54% of possession, the only thing that went wrong is our mistakes and you lot think chelsea won't punish us for our mistakes? they are champions of england one mistake and they score! they are amazing at counter attacks. but in the positive side there is an improvment in our side even though we didn't start with a nice way still, let me remind you that while rafa was in his first year in valencia he started 13 game unbeaten but he drew 7 games in those 13 games, but suddenly in june valencia won the Liga! its not over mates! have faith and hope! trust rafa! be patient!

pewee i know your frustrated but give RB a slack! he is trying his best and working really hard!

to some extent i agree that he should play cisse on, but from his recent comments to the media RB isn't trusting cisse alot because of his attitude. Cisse will be givin his chance, the 4-5-1 system worked last year in alot of games hasn't it?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:43 pm

peewee wrote:i posted this today

Dear Rafa,

I hope you get to read this letter.

Liverpool Football Club has been my life since I went to my first game in 1973; I have seen more ups than downs so I am more fortunate that our younger supporters who have never seen the title won, I am starting to get concerned that they will never see this.

You have been our manager for one full season now, and a few months of your second season, no putting aside the fantastic Champions League victory what have you actually achieved?

In the league you had us closer on points to the bottom than to the top, you failed to qualify for the Champions League on league position, and in fact we were beaten by our city rivals to that spot, a team that is now proving its true value at the foot of the Premier League. You had us go at the FA cup in an embarrassing fashion.

We are trusting you with something that is most precious to us, to us it's not a job, to us it is a passion, it's a religion and to a lot of us it's possibly the most important thing we have. Our happiness is based on what we achieve in football, we were all able to gloat over the summer about being Champions of Europe again but the pleasure in that is now being taken away. I wanted to prove to people we deserved to win it, that we were a class outfit, to be proud watching us perform in the new season, to see attacking football, to see goals. You are not allowing us to see this. You are stifling any creativity we may have, you are failing to provide us with the opportunities to score goals with your negative tactics, you need to switch this before it's too late and we fall too far behind.

Why are we worrying so much about the opposition, let them worry about us, let them look at our team sheet and know that will be on the back foot all game, also stop with the long ball, its pointless, all its doing is giving the opposition the chance to come back at us again.

Also why are you persisting with players who obviously don't cut it? When will Garcia realize that his flicks don't work, when will he realize we play in red and pass it to his own players. When will Traore realize that he has to concentrate for the whole game (or when will you realize that we have two players more effective than him in that position)?
When will Reina come for the ball and collect it? When will you realize that when we are 3-1 down we need to score at least two goals to get anything from the game and the best way to do this is to put forwards on the pitch (not just give them 10 minutes, whatever your feelings the club comes first and Cisse should have been given some opportunity earlier, not just grudgingly given 10 minutes). There are so many other things that I can say to you Rafa but I have a job and need to get back to that.

Now I will never confess to knowing a tenth of what you know about football, but even I can see that it is not working, even I can see now is the time to change tactics and at least give us a chance to score goals and steamroller teams. Just try it, you may like it.
I said it at the start of the letter, this team is precious to us and like anything precious we don't want it broken. I would never dream of buying a fast luxury car and then only using 3 gears, please stop doing that to my club.

thanks

Dear oh dear oh dear

The fact is, Liverpool DID win the Champions League. This was not some piece of magic conjured up by Rafa and his players in order to disguise his ineptitude as a manager! What kind of display of passion is required at half-time, being 3-0 down to AC Milan, to have your players come out and actually play on with their heads up, never mind go on to actually win?

Rafa is building his own squad. He had documented problems in the summer getting in the players he wanted (Milito, Gonzales, Simao, etc), and is still playing with a squad of Houllier's creation for the most part. The signs are good, Liverpool have only lost one match so far in the league this season, and that to the probable champions. He's building from the back, like he did at Valencia, and very few can doubt that champions are moulded from the back forward. Win our two games in hand, and suddenly Liverpool are on 13 points, it doesn't look so bad, does it?

Rafa is a man who goes home at night, only to ask his wife to tell him a little more about Liverpool's history, as she reads books on the eras gone by to give him insight into the way things were when Shankley built his own era. He watches DVDs of matches from that time, and understands the value and importance of Liverpool's people and supporters. 

If you're not convinced of his passion, watch his press conference the day he left Valencia, and tell me that is a man who lacks it.

He's the man for the job, I knew that from the moment I saw that straight after victories, he walks over the pitch to find his players and point out their mistakes, rather than congratulate them on victory.

Have faith. :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:54 pm

stmichael you are a 100% true!!  :nod

HAVE FAITH!

YNWA!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:23 am

Okay pee wee. U have some points. Rafa as the manager has to take the blame. fair enough. But this is the Rafa's ist ever worst defeat. He will come back. Just give him some time. Frankly... myhope that we will be on top tarnished...We must take revenge. Beat Chelsea 0-4 away. Then we can celebrate like :censored: Lampard did.
hobbes

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:33 am

I think Warnock should be in regular team selection despite Traore is a steady defender.

The team for me is below:

Reina

Finnan Carra Hyypia Warnock

Alonso

Gerrard Sissoko Riise

Garcia

CROUCH
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:39 am

i think peewee has posted his genuine concerns, and as a lfc fan i will not be blinded by single wins or sporadic performances. those of us that remember the glory days in full, will demand some of the same no matter who comes in, so for some on here to either redicule or slate his comments....then i say to you folk that you are blinded by your love of lfc and are not able to see thru what maybe wrong in some of the tactical decisions our manager makes. Peewee has faith in lfc and im sure he loves the club 100%, but he is just saying what we all feel really inside at the moment.

good one peewee, you have the guts to say your concerns in an honest way, without being nasty :cool:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:59 am

Judge wrote:i think peewee has posted his genuine concerns, and as a lfc fan i will not be blinded by single wins or sporadic performances. those of us that remember the glory days in full, will demand some of the same no matter who comes in, so for some on here to either redicule or slate his comments....then i say to you folk that you are blinded by your love of lfc and are not able to see thru what maybe wrong in some of the tactical decisions our manager makes. Peewee has faith in lfc and im sure he loves the club 100%, but he is just saying what we all feel really inside at the moment.

good one peewee, you have the guts to say your concerns in an honest way, without being nasty :cool:

at last. someone can see the point
there is no point pretending everything is ok because it isnt ok.

Leone at no point do i say that i am not as loyal a supporter than i have ever been, my support will never leave me. however i wanted to just say a few things that are going through my mind. you should respect me for my honesty and concern about our tactics at the moment
112-1077774096

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:06 am

stmichael wrote:He's the man for the job, I knew that from the moment I saw that straight after victories, he walks over the pitch to find his players and point out their mistakes, rather than congratulate them on victory.

Oh my god, thats the exact thing that I noticed that gave me a warm feeling that we had the right man. He did it to Josemi before, I was so shocked, yet so f.ucking pleased!!!

He has faults, dont get me wrong and has made mistakes, as is life, but he is the right man for the job definetly.
76-1115222408

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:13 am

time will tell, if he gets it right domestically
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:53 am

Good grief, reading that letter is like watching a father show a brain surgen how to operate on his son.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:29 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:Good grief, reading that letter is like watching a father show a brain surgen how to operate on his son.

its not that difficult
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:31 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:Good grief, reading that letter is like watching a father show a brain surgen how to operate on his son.

Thats a really clever quote that makes sense that mate.
I know where peewee is coming from, but also thing to second guess a manager who has definately moved the club forwards and in a short space of time will prove ultimately wrong.
Rafa will make mistakes both with the line up and tactically but i will say it again, we havent started the season anywhere near as badly as people think...or the table suggests.
We are in a really strong position in the champions league again, and we have picked up better results than we did in the same games last season...imo that is learning from mistakes.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:18 pm

if he sends his son, i'll show my dad how to operate on him :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:18 pm

i think you will find it is actually one of if not THE worst start to a season we have had ? as for the letter i can see where your coming from and the need to get it of your chest but like someone has already said do you really think for one minute he will read it or even care , it would of been better left as just a post rather than a copy of a letter you have actually posted. but sort of mirrors my feelings
destro

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:54 am

i dont think he posted it expecting rafa to read it. If you look deeper into the meaning of the letter and why it was posted in this way, you will grasp what he actually means.

you will have to think more logically and laterally to understand the concept behind my comments and that of the letter posted by peewee.

good luck, as i will not explain what i have said, its up to you mate to figure it out!!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion