More news on thai bid - Sounds like he is a lfc supporter!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 13, 2004 9:06 am

Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Sinawatra has revealed that he will attempt to buy into another Premiership club if his bid to invest in Liverpool fails.
Sinawatra has tabled a deal reported to be worth in the region of £65 million to Liverpool, but faces competition from Steve Morgan who has launched a rival bid.

The Merseysiders are due to decide at a board meeting on Thursday whether to accept the proposal from the Thai premier.

However, Sinawatra is adamant he will not be raising his bid whatever the decision from the Anfield boardroom, and confirmed he will look to invest in another English club he is unsuccessful.

"We will stick to the proposal that we and Liverpool initially agreed this week," he stated.

"If Liverpool's management choose other investors with a better price, that's fine with us.

"We will find other football clubs to buy."

Sinawatra is still believed to be favourite to win the race with Morgan because of the latter's stormy relationship with the current Liverpool board.

The self-made local millionaire has clashed in the past with Reds chairman David Moores and will not have endeared himself to the Anfield hierarchy any further with his critical comments of Gerard Houllier on Wednesday.

However, if Morgan does prevail, there will be no shortage of takers amongst Premiership clubs for a possible investment from Sinawatra.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yep he really sounds commited to LFC!

Hopefully him saying that will sway the board to Morgan!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 13, 2004 10:30 am

Thai friends have told me he is a Manc supporter.
But would support anyone for money.
Yeah he's a real footy fan. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby shilton_red » Thu May 13, 2004 10:58 am

Take his money .Its the same as your or mine . I think its a good deal . Few chairman really support the side the financially back . Abramovich didnt know where ferking Chelsea was till he looked at a underground map .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 13, 2004 11:27 am

But why except his money we have a life long LFC fan with more money (his own) to invest!

It has more to do with his commitment then anything else!
Another bid has come along and he already seems to be looking elsewhere!

Seems like he has no real plans for further investment but just trying to win some votes back home prior to there election!

So for long term success and funding it seems like a less attractive option1
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 13, 2004 11:30 am

We'd be bigger in asia with thai's money.

Morgan is a mindless ****** who's waiting to turn us into the next spurs. The position we are in at the moment needs patience, if its rushed we could end up going backwards.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 13, 2004 11:35 am

stu_the_red wrote:We'd be bigger in asia with thai's money.

Morgan is a mindless ****** who's waiting to turn us into the next spurs. The position we are in at the moment needs patience, if its rushed we could end up going backwards.

Dont understand this post. Explain .
Bigger in Asia with Thai money ? how come ?
Morgan wants to turn us into the next Spurs ? Is that why he wants to invest £73 million ?
Whats your real concern Stu ?
Fooliers posistion ???  :D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Thu May 13, 2004 11:49 am

I want Houlier to be there next season too

But i would also like commitment in the board room!
Yes Morgan does seem to be pushy and abrasive but is that really a bad thing considering the last decade at Anfield!

He sounds more like a man on a mission!
And wants his money to be spent more wisely (do spurs ever spend money wisely?)
I think moores will still have majority share if he wants it!
He just wont  have so many YES men around him!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Fri May 14, 2004 8:18 pm

I reckon the board are considering the Thai deal to protect Houllier. The first thing Morgan would do is sack Houllier.

I think stu mean's that if the Thai deal is done, more people will hear of the club and help financialy through merchandicing etc.

(sorry for any poor spelling)
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 18, 2004 9:25 am

Whats the deal on Morgan, I know nothing about him except that he is a Liverpool fan (smart), a tax exile (smart) and wants Houllier sacked (smart).

What's the downside to this guy?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue May 18, 2004 10:09 am

Couldn't agree more. Sinawatra wants to pour Thai public money into us, when 70% of his countrymen live below the poverty line? It's not right and I just can't trust him.

Maybe Stu is just playing devil's advocate, or maybe he's just lost it altogether.  ???

Morgan's the man but Moores has finally shown he values his own interests before those of the club. Bad news.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue May 18, 2004 10:52 pm

Nice to hear from you again Wool.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 19, 2004 12:35 am

Its Immoral and wrong to accept money from a  corrupt regime, have you seen the state of those new REDROW homes , shocking !!!!!! :p

Seriously though its a sad day for LFC when we have to go cap in hand to a dodgy foreign leader cos we don't want to face the realities of a few uncomfortable questions from a  lifelong LFC fan and astute businessman (Morgan) in case you are getting confused...........

Some people are born great and some people have greatness thrust upon them , i wonder which will apply to Moores in years to come ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed May 19, 2004 12:40 am

But look at Roman Abramovich at Chelsea, he is definitely corrupt.  He isnt Russian President Vladimir Putins biggest fan
Money talks nowadays

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 19, 2004 12:44 am

What have we possibly got to learn from CHELSEA !!!!!!!! Ok Roman's corrupt as well but thats Cheklsea NOT my beloved Liverpool. I've always felt assured that thsi club runs its affairs morally, ethically and within the law.

Yes Money DOES talk but the question is "What is it saying to YOU  or ME for that matter ? ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kops no1 girl » Wed May 19, 2004 12:44 am

Why take a thai buisnessmans money, when we have a liverpool fan, born and bred there wanting to invest his own money,...... because he wants houllier out thats why, and too bloody right ! i would hate to see houllier in charge next season, hes made enough mistakes now, time for a change, big mistakes such as selling macca, fowler, now heskey??!!! morgan can see houllier for what he really his and moore knows it

MOORE STOP KISSING HOULLIERS *****, ACCEPT MORGANS BID, IT REALLY IS TIME FOR HOULLIER TO GET OUT !!!
kops no1 girl

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion