Postby The_Rock » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:38 am

:O  :p  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:32 am

I dont get it ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:12 am

Good article form koptalk...... :D 1st time.

http://www.koptalk.org/archive/editor/080205.shtml

The Editor

8th February 2005

Parry surfaced for a reason

I really enjoy it when Rick Parry surfaces because I enjoy hearing what the man has to say. He's a very intelligent man and he has great media skills. When he speaks, it's basically the club speaking so you have to listen to what he says. I record his interviews on the box and watch them over and over. I study the body language when asked awkward questions and I examine his words for several hours. I'm not a stalker, nor do I have any desires to date the man; it's just my job to try and read into his mind.

He's appeared this week for a reason. It was certainly timed to perfection with a timescale I have imprinted in my memory relating to the investment stuff but what his game is, I just don't know. It is clear that the club are now preparing us for the possible sale of Steven Gerrard. This was clear when Rick said that we can't keep a player against his will. That fits in with everything we've been hearing. The only thing is, I fear we'll get ripped off because if the skipper decides to jump ship in the summer, the buying club would have the upperhand when it comes to negotiating the transfer fee. We were ripped off by Real Madrid when we sold Owen and I fear it will happen again. Had we got a decent fee for Owen maybe we wouldn't be as desperate for investment as sources in Anfield claim. I hold Rick Parry responsible for that, nice bloke or not.

Rick also touched on the possibility of securing naming rights for the new stadium. This is something that at one time I would have opposed but the fact that we're leaving our spiritual home, means you can call the new place anything you like for me. The special vibe will be left behind should we move so you can call it what you like. 'The LG Anfield Stadium' or 'The Gillette, The Best A Man Can Get Stadium' will do. Who cares. If we can net £50million to £100million, I'm game. Throw in the sale of Steven Gerrard and with or without investment or a take-over, we'll have a decent kitty to play with. I support the chief executive's thinking here relating to the naming rights.

Although Rick has kicked into action this week, I can't help but believe that his appearance is due mainly to the ongoing financial situation at the club relating directly to movement, or the lack of it, behind the scenes, possibly to buy some more time. What I can't get round my head is why nobody is picking up on Dalglish and L4. Rick continues to say that he is "excited" by the so called mystery bidder yet the more he says this, the more confused I become. He won't refer to them either positively or negatively. I'm convinced that Rick fears L4 and is desperate not to deal with them just like the chairman David Moores fears Morgan and doesn't want to deal with him. The chief exec's words just don't add up. On one hand it makes you think that there must be another mystery bidder yet the so called late approach was around the time that the last AGM was held which was when L4 stepped up their interest so it doesn't tie in. There are several options. 1) Rick is bluffing L4 into believing there is another bidder but there isn't one, 2) There is another bidder, 3) Rick is publicly making out L4 are "exciting" but he's privately hoping they sling their hook (as he'd almost certainly lose his job). Whatever the truth, it appears to me that the club are pressing ahead in their hunt for a sub 30% (minor) investor.

Last month I said that the club could have new owners in place by the end of February IF THEY (RP & DM) WANTED. I still believe that this is possible but ask me if I think it will happen and I'd have to say no because it just seems that they are refusing to go down the take-over route. L4 remain on the scene, as does Steve Morgan and I do know that things have been happening over the last fortnight (with things intensifying towards the end of last week) which is why I believe Rick appeared, one week earlier than I expected. The Krafts are no longer involved despite people claiming they are, people who must have watched the Superbowl the other night as the commentators mentioned Bob Kraft as having an interest in Liverpool Football Club. There's nothing to say he couldn't come back at a later date but as things stand, I can assure you he is not on the scene. That is a real shame.

David Moores and Rick Parry have to do what is right for the club. I accept that and I don't want them to rush into things but let's be honest, this has been ongoing for a couple of years now. I just hope and pray that they won't let personalities get in the way of striking the best deal(s) for the club. Support for Steve Morgan is increasing while there's little talk of L4 who are happily working out of the public eye - I do know that there is a mutual respect in place between Morgan and L4. Just remember to keep an eye on the take-over panel's disclosure table for possible developments -->>

I have a feeling February is going to be a long month. Morgan has been rejected by LFC but the door remains open for him. L4 haven't been rejected yet which is promising if you go by the name of Kenny Dalglish. However, no matter how good the L4 bid could be, if David Moores and Rick Parry wish to retain their positions, no take-over (major investment) will get the green light. I'm with Alan Hansen when he says that without major investment, Liverpool can forget finishing in the top 3 for at least the next 3 seasons. Like him, I'm hoping to see a major investment take place. That way we can keep our best players and build a successful team around them.

The sale of Steven Gerrard, a minor investment and the possible naming of the new 'Cost Cutters Anfield Stadium' may just bail RP and DM out for the short term future. We're told that the chairman is a great man and that he'll make personal sacrifices for the best interests of the club. I actually trust Moores and have a lot of time for him. I just don't want to see people turn on him over the coming months if things get dirty. I sincerely hope he gets the deal that is right for him and that is right for us. I don't care about the men in the middle.

PS: LG were rumoured to be negotiating a new shirt sponsorship deal. Have you noticed the increased advertising by LG at Anfield recently?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:52 am

Exactly my thought. When I read the headline: "Stevie NOT for sale even at £50M", I knew there is a catch somewhere. Sure enough, the statement was followed by ... "but we won't keep a player against his will".

Why oh why would he say that if the club is so adament in keeping Stevie and will do anything to keep Stevie happy at the club? My reading between the lines...the club will value Stevie at more than the £30M being mentioned and that Stevie have already indicated to the club that he is leaving in the summer :(  Destination to be determined
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:22 pm

Why the sad face? Steven has "Probably" made up his mind so what's the deal? do we not have a boss we trust and believe in? i certainly do there have been better players than Gerrard that have graced Anfield and the club have always survived without them.

L4 i believe will have a say in L'Pool but at what price to RP & DM i'm not 100% sure it's gona be interesting if nothing else in the coming months.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:38 am

I honestly believe  we would miss Alonso more  than SG , have thought that from the first few weeks into the season . You just have to look at the first  3 games after he broke his ankle , the team were flat .

If SG goes i will be as gutted as anyone because i really believe that he and Alonso promise the best central midfield partnership this club has had in years , and better than any club in the premiership currently has.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion