Mancini offer rejected - Mancini from roma

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:56 pm

Nah, he's got nice layered hair, but I think Roberto Mancini is way too old to play for Liverpool.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:56 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Nah, he's got nice layered hair, but I think Roberto Mancini is way too old to play for Liverpool.

nah... he'll be our star striker signing... :buttrock ... who cares about tevez and eto'o...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:11 am

i really hope we sign mancini...

we cant go another season with no quality left winger...  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:31 pm

I fear the Torres deal might have priced us out. Maybe selling Garcia, cisse, and Bellamy will allow us to get both Mancini and Torres
JoeTerp

Postby GOAT » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:45 pm

The Americans are f.uckin skint if we've run out of funds after the torres deal and have to sell...
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:30 pm

Been checking Gazzetta for a while now and they aren't saying anything about Mancini. I think at most this was an enquiry and we got priced out. Ho hum.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:54 pm

If Roma flat out reject 13 million they sure as **** won't accept 15 million.
My guess is that don't wanna sell at all and only a bid close to 20 million would make Roma interested.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby poolmania » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:14 pm

Penguins wrote:If Roma flat out reject 13 million they sure as **** won't accept 15 million.
My guess is that don't wanna sell at all and only a bid close to 20 million would make Roma interested.

Agreed, we will have to definately offer more than 20 mil to prize him away.
"This is the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun"
poolmania

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:46 pm

poolmania wrote:
Penguins wrote:If Roma flat out reject 13 million they sure as **** won't accept 15 million.

Agreed, we will have to definately offer more than 20 mil to prize him away.

aka the money we get for Cisse, Bellamy, and Garcia
JoeTerp

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 pm

we have sold/ expect to sell :

dudek (free)
zenden (free)
gonzales
garcia
bellamy
cisse
FSPongolle
fowler (free)

thats atleast 25 million worth of players sold i guess.... should be enough to get mancini if u ask me...
if not we can always go for vicente who will probably be a sub. for valencia and wouldnt understand them rejecting a decent offer for him if itcomes in... a top winger and one id love to see play for liverpool...was unlucky with injuries last season and D.Silva did a brilliant job filling in and got rewarded with a new long term contract....

if we cant get mancini for the 20mill or so... id be very dissapointed if we dont go for a top winger and opt for a backup fo kewell (not tht i dnt rate kewell) !

mancini is world class and vicente (arguably) is too... one of the two would be brilliant !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:57 am

Mancini Agent Plays Liverpool Card

The pressure is on for Roma to hold on to their Brazilian winger Mancini after his agent revealed that Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez enquired directly about the availability his client.

zoom - galleria  The 27-year-old is undoubtedly one of the Italian capital club’s most cherished assets, his stock rising significantly after he scored a goal for the ages in last season's Champions League Second Round tie against Lyon. Despite talk of a vastly improved contract being prepared by Roma last month, no offer ever materialized prompting Gilmar Veloz to go on the offensive.   

"There has been interest from Liverpool for Mancini," warned the agent.  "I have spoken with Benitez and but I have answered that they must deal with Roma.

"If the Giallorossi find an agreement with the English club, we would need to meet to discuss the player's future but I have yet to receive an offer from Roma," Veloz continued.

The onus is now on the Stadio Olimpico side to come up with a proposal that is good enough to guarantee the loyalty of their Brazilian gem. The Roman press are suggesting that Manicini is adamant are earning 3m Euro per season, while the powers that be at the Olimpico are reluctant to go over 2 million.  This would mean that there is still a signifcant distance between the two, which Liverpool are keen to exploit.

it would be great if we got mancini,  but after buying babel,  not sure if we still want him...   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:29 am

matrix wrote:it would be great if we got mancini,  but after buying babel,  not sure if we still want him...   ???

We want him  :nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:32 pm

I for one would very much like him at the club, but I believe that if we've only got one transfer left of the summer, Rafa will be looking at a defender instead. But then again, you never know with the gaffer do you :D
JamCar05

Postby matrix » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:46 pm

Reds make Mancini contact
By Nadia Carminati -  Created on 14 Jul 2007
Liverpool
Player Pages:
Alessandro Mancini
Liverpool are mulling over a move for Roma's Alessandro Mancini, according to the player's agent.

Mancini enjoyed a superb campaign last season and has reportedly attracted the attention of several clubs, including Juventus and Liverpool.

His representative Gilmar Veloz claims he has talked with Rafa Benitez about a possible transfer, although he admits the two clubs have yet to enter negotiations.

"There has been interest from Liverpool and I have spoken with Benitez," Veloz told Radio Centro Suono Sport.

"I replied that they must talk with Roma, but if the Giallorossi were to sell him I'd have no trouble striking a deal."

Mancini's current contract runs out in 2009 but Veloz insists his client would like to remain with the club.

However, the Brazilian has yet to agree a contract extension and Veloz admits his future remains uncertain.

He explained: "On Monday I'll be meeting with Roma sporting director Daniele Prade to talk about contracts, I don't know what their offer is yet."

"Does Mancini want to stay? Surely if he didn't he would have already left."

Reports in the Italian press suggest Mancini will consider leaving if he is not offered a substantial pay rise.

we will find out more next week,  would love mancini at liverpool...

but im not sure if rafa has the money for mancini,  after buying babel...

another reason i want mancini to join is that  i would prefer babel on the front line...  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:49 pm

I'd still love to see Mancini sign for us.  One more versatile winger gives us plenty of attacking options and bring's in another player that can change a game for us.

I think if Rafa's asks very nicely and promises to eat all his greens, Tom and George will find a bit of spare change under the couch cushions to give him as well! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion