Liverpool v. Arsenal Match Thread (Oct. 28, 2007) - AKA The Kiss Wenger's @rse Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:26 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Alonso's broken his metatarsal again.

B*llocks.

Sh!te.... that's all we need right now....

Never rains does it? FECKIN POURS....

:down:
ConnO'var

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:27 pm

puroresu wrote:Alonso has broken his metatarsal again.  Huge blow.

Well thats rotation in the midfield on its arse with him and Pennant out now, he is running out of players
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:28 pm

s@int wrote:
GOAT wrote:
s@int wrote:I don't care what anyone thinks, I thought we gave everything today and you can't ask for more than that. I'M FKN PROUD OF THEM TODAY

Its really sad if that was our very best we could do  :(

FFS OUR FORM AS BEEN CR@P, Arsenal are on top of their game. What do you want blood? We went into this game having played cr@p for weeks, Arsenal went into this game on the back of a 7 -0 win. We worked our bollox off to get a result, almost got a win and you fkn moan!

Just disappointing is all, no of course i don't want blood
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:29 pm

We played much better today than in our recent games and were fortunate to escape with a point.  Alonso, Torres and Pennant out, another difficult season ahead.  We are well phucked if we are relying on Kuyt & Voronin for goals, both were bloody awful again!
Rockthekop

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:30 pm

mistyred wrote:
s@int wrote:
GOAT wrote:
s@int wrote:I don't care what anyone thinks, I thought we gave everything today and you can't ask for more than that. I'M FKN PROUD OF THEM TODAY

Its really sad if that was our very best we could do  :(

FFS OUR FORM AS BEEN CR@P, Arsenal are on top of their game. What do you want blood? We went into this game having played cr@p for weeks, Arsenal went into this game on the back of a 7 -0 win. We worked our bollox off to get a result, almost got a win and you fkn moan!

You know what Saint it's funny how people are happy just to compete and take part in an avent rather than win it, Even Rafa looked like he had ran out of ideas and if i'm not mistaken match goers were emptying thier seats early.

I am not one of the happy clapper brigade mate, We played with virtually 10 men first half because there is no way Torres was fit to play. We struggled with 10 men late on because Mascher was injured and we had used our subs. Rafa got it wrong, but the team gave everything.

Veronin and Kuyt arn't up to the job, FFS WE ALL KNOW THAT!
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Dundalk wrote:

Well thats rotation in the midfield on its arse with him and Pennant out now, he is running out of players

Time to start playing Lucas regularly now. I feel that he's more than up to the task.

Either way, we're jinxed. God, Allah, Buddah, whatever, doesn't want us to win the title. Ever.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:35 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Dundalk wrote:

Time to start playing Lucas regularly now. I feel that he's more than up to the task.

Either way, we're jinxed. God, Allah, Buddah, whatever, doesn't want us to win the title. Ever.

I want to see Lucas and Babel in the side.
puroresu

Postby Thinkpad » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Wow.. I was wrong in my prediction today. Liverpool is very lucky again today. We could have lost by 3-1. How in the world the two open goal missed is beyond me. I think they are still young and too eager to finish us off.

At least Liverpool shows some teamwork and attacking moves that were very lacking previously. Everybody worked hard because Arsenal is playing better than our players. We compensate our lack of skills with hardwork.

To borrow a sentense: Incompetence
When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do.... Liverpool fans should go here: www.despair.com

I can see some fans celebrating the "victory" already.. But lot's of work still need to be done. Still can't see Liverpool winning the title, maybe in a few years time, after we have learnt how to pass, dribble and attack.
Thinkpad

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:38 pm

Probably need an op now and be out for 8-10 weeks (just to cheer everyone up)
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:43 pm

With Arsenal very confident and playing very very well, I really don't know why so many is criticising? I agree with s@int we gave everything.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:46 pm

I don't think we played badly at all today, it was obvious Arsenal were gonna play their usual passing game but for 80 minutes we made sure all their possession rarely came to anything in the form of an attack. Two shots on target for Arsenal in the whole game says it all really, for the main part of the game we had them contained.

One thing I will say is if Villa are willing to actually give us money for Riise we should bite their fucking hands off. He was absolutely shocking, I lost count of the amount of times he got sucked into the middle and left them open down the right, and I honestly believe I could have passed the ball better than he did today. If it wasn't for him I'm pretty sure we would have had a second goal & the game would have been wrapped up. I said before the game I would have gone with Insua, and I stand by that after Riise's performance. I'm sure the young Argie would have done a better job. From now until January when we hopefully buy a new left back I think the pecking order should be Arbeloa, Aurelio, Insua then Riise if we suffer an injury crisis of epidemic proportions.
Last edited by EddieC on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:48 pm

EddieC wrote:I don't think we played badly at all today, it was obvious Arsenal were gonna play their usual passing game but for 80 minutes we made sure all their possession rarely came to anything in the form of an attack. Two shots on target for Arsenal in the whole game says it all really, for the main part of the game we had them contained.

One thing I will say is if Villa are willing to actually give us money for Riise we should bite their fucking hands off. He was absolutely shocking, I lost count of the amount of times he got sucked into the middle and left them open down the right, and I honestly believe I could have passed the ball better than he did today. If it wasn't for him I'm pretty sure we would have had a second goal & the game would have been wrapped up. I said before the game I would have gone with Insua, and I stand by that after Riise's performance. I'm sure the young Argie would have done a better job. From now until January when we hopefully buy a new left back I think the pecking order should be Arbeloa, Aurelio, Insua then Riise if we suffer an injury crisis of epidemic proportions.

Agreed about riise, we need aurelio back.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DonnieDarko » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:52 pm

i lurk a lot but dont post often. We have too many players who just arent up for it. Riise, Kuyt, Voronin are just not good enough. Crouch and Torres up top for me.

There was quite a lot of diving in as well. Considering our form though, I think a point is a good result.
DonnieDarko

Postby inglis5 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Much better performance today.

Having Alonso back in the side makes the world of difference. Gerrard and Mascherano looked far more comfortable with him in there. Absolutely gutted that he is injured again.

Hopefully we've turned the corner...
inglis5

Postby EddieC » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:59 pm

DonnieDarko wrote:i lurk a lot but dont post often. We have too many players who just arent up for it. Riise, Kuyt, Voronin are just not good enough. Crouch and Torres up top for me.

There was quite a lot of diving in as well. Considering our form though, I think a point is a good result.

I wouldn't say Kuyt isn't good enough mate, but he doesn't offer too much of a goal threat, instead bringing other attributes to the table. If paired with someone who is a goal threat he generally does a good job.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion