Liverpool v. Arsenal Match Thread (Oct. 28, 2007) - AKA The Kiss Wenger's @rse Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:13 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:we're very lucky to get a point today. Arsenal are a top side but our team selection was diabolical. Rafa needs to have a good look at himself and his tactics. What ever happened to that master tactician who could resort to plan b midway through a game? Or was his name Paco??

We worked really hard and I cant complain about that but we are at home.  Hard work will never beat genuine quality and today we lacked that quality. As a pure footballing sense we are still quite a way behind and Man Utd.
puroresu

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:14 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
s@int wrote:I don't care what anyone thinks, I thought we gave everything today and you can't ask for more than that. I'M FKN PROUD OF THEM TODAY

Good post, mate.....

I couldn't see the match but from what I've read on here and on the gamecast, the team did themselves proud.

I'll catch the game tomorrow.

have a word lads, we're not Bolton or some other also ran!!

I'm not getting into this today, Neil....

If you're spoiling for a fight, look elsewhere.

I'm not looking for a fight. I think we got an undeserved point of a very good team. We are not that far behind Arsenal skillwise and player ability wise, but we looked light years behind tham. I'm not proud of that.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:15 pm

s@int wrote:I don't care what anyone thinks, I thought we gave everything today and you can't ask for more than that. I'M FKN PROUD OF THEM TODAY

Its really sad if that was our very best we could do  :(
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:17 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
NiftyNeil wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:

Good post, mate.....

I couldn't see the match but from what I've read on here and on the gamecast, the team did themselves proud.

I'm not getting into this today, Neil....

If you're spoiling for a fight, look elsewhere.

I'm not looking for a fight. I think we got an undeserved point of a very good team. We are not that far behind Arsenal skillwise and player ability wise, but we looked light years behind tham. I'm not proud of that.

I dont think it was an undeserved point in fairness! Arsenal will be happy with a draw but we had a good chance at the end and could easily have gone 2 up before they scored.

I think we deserved a point - just!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:

Good post, mate.....

I was thinking the same thing. It's alright to feel proud of the effort, but we we're just poor overall I think. It was almost as if we were afraid of Arsenal and didn't want to play. Or we were just afraid because we knew they are better? I don't know. But 1-0 up and looking in control only to f*ck it away like we did really angered me. Expected it, though.

The turning point was this: Xabi Alonso getting injured. Once he left the pitch we went to the dogs.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 pm

Where did Arbeloa actually fit in when he came on? i still cant see this magnificent strength i depth that we are suppossed to have, Yeh the Gooners are alright but they are cocky tw*ts with a team of diving c*nts.

If Carragher gets injured we are stuffed we have no CB cover, we have two suppossed wingers but two forwards started on the wings, even though Babal is suppossed to be striker deosn't seem he was bought to be one.

Oh God i am so fustrated it's unreal.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:19 pm

GOAT wrote:

FFS OUR FORM AS BEEN CR@P, Arsenal are on top of their game. What do you want blood? We went into this game having played cr@p for weeks, Arsenal went into this game on the back of a 7 -0 win. We worked our bollox off to get a result, almost got a win and you fkn moan!
account deleted by request

Postby username » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:22 pm

:censored:, hearing that alonso is injured again, reboke what he had :(
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Feugo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:24 pm

lol the spartan howl in stadium tonight is amazing... i hope Alonso is okay.. :( and Carragher too ???
En taro tassadar!

ImageImage
Feugo

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:24 pm

username wrote: :censored:, hearing that alonso is injured again, reboke what he had :(

They said it was his knee on tv ?
account deleted by request

Postby mistyred » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:24 pm

s@int wrote:
GOAT wrote:

FFS OUR FORM AS BEEN CR@P, Arsenal are on top of their game. What do you want blood? We went into this game having played cr@p for weeks, Arsenal went into this game on the back of a 7 -0 win. We worked our bollox off to get a result, almost got a win and you fkn moan!

You know what Saint it's funny how people are happy just to compete and take part in an avent rather than win it, Even Rafa looked like he had ran out of ideas and if i'm not mistaken match goers were emptying thier seats early.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:25 pm

Alonso's broken his metatarsal again.

B*llocks.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:25 pm

s@int wrote:
GOAT wrote:

Leave it be mate..... not worth it.

All I ask of everyone here is...

Can you fault the effort the players put in today?

If the answer is no then how can you not be proud of the team?

FFS, vent and critisize if you must... lord only knows we have reason for it.... but PLEASE let's not get abusive tonight.
ConnO'var

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:25 pm

username wrote: :censored:, hearing that alonso is injured again, reboke what he had :(

Dont be saying that :(
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:25 pm

Alonso has broken his metatarsal again.  Huge blow.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion