Liverpool Are Magic - Revamped Website

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:05 pm

Just for those who care and those who couldn't give a shit. :D

For those who actually regularly check for updates, I've been wanting to change my website around.  To be honest, I've been dabbling in this web design lark as a hobby for a couple of years now as it interests me.  I've noticed how popular these mini-sigs and userbars are becoming around the interweb so I thought I'd have a crack at designing them for you lot on here.

My website at the moment is full of animations of Liverpool moments, whether they be goals, celebrations, lifting trophies, reactions etc.....  what I'm trying to say is it needs expanding a little bit.  I've been getting feedback e-mails from as far as China off people who have been downloading the animations I've made and using them as mobile phone screensavers.  So I know I'm hitting some targets even without proper search engine optimisation.  That's something I'm also working on.  SEO is a science in itself trying to get your website to the top of Google, MSN, Yahoo and Ask.com.  My original intention was for them to be used as avatars or signatures but the files are too big for most Liverpool forums I've checked around the internet so a rebranding of mobile phone screensavers might be the way forward.

EXAMPLE:   Image

I'm currently designing two new sections for my site.  One will be full of these mini sigs/userbars all based on Liverpool Football Club.  They're a bit :censored: and drab at the moment but I'm sure as I get into it a bit more they will start to look decent as a learning curve is involved in everything.  Judge actually started a thread on them and it sparked the idea off in my head to design some.  It's something to do isn't it?

EXAMPLES:      Image Image

The last section of my website will be for mobile phone wallpapers.  Don't need to explain what these are.  They are pretty easy to make and they work on my brothers phone and look spot on so I thought I would go to Town on them.

EXAMPLES:   

Image   Image   Image

All the content as usual will be free to all.

I'm personally not sure how dark colours will affect the mobile wallpapers so should I steer clear of them or not?

I'll announce it in this thread when the new sections go live.  Anyone got any feedback for me?  Be as critical as you like.  You learn from your mistakes.  Let me know if I'm making any.
jonnymac1979

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Great website but you should have put a link in your post on here - took me a while to realise where your site was (i'm a bit thick)
account deleted by request

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 27, 2006 12:02 am

Thank you for the compliment.  Just click the little globe icon in my signature.  I don't promote my site much as it's a hobby.  I've got a Flash index page with no text or ALT tags so the search engines don't pick it up.  I'm changing that though as I want to see if I can get it high in rankings with search engines as an experiment, nothing else.  I make no money from this site.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 27, 2006 12:03 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:I make no money from this site.

However, I get paid £35,000 a year for moderating this site.  :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby Gaunt » Sat May 27, 2006 12:07 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:

Lol you having a giraffe?
Gaunt

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 27, 2006 12:10 am

Yer. :D
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Sat May 27, 2006 12:56 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:

NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH..... I was getting that back in 2003

57K and box at Anfield for me and the Posse :eyebrow Those tarts from the Newz bar...just groupees..I'll tell yer.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ste123lfc » Sat May 27, 2006 6:37 am

Great website johnnymac. You may recognise the avatar. There are some great clips on there that bring back some good memories. Keep up the good work  :buttrock
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 27, 2006 8:31 am

Even I managed to get one of your great avitars so it MUST be easy :)
thanks johnnymac
account deleted by request

Postby ste123lfc » Sat May 27, 2006 6:50 pm

ste123lfc wrote:Great website johnnymac. You may recognise the avatar. There are some great clips on there that bring back some good memories. Keep up the good work  :buttrock

I WONDER WHO DOES THOSE FANTACTIC LOOKING BANNERS THAT THE MAJORITY OF POSTERS HAVE. WHOEVER DOES THEM MUST BE EXTREAMLY INTELLIGENT AND SMART. HAVE YOU ANY IDEA JMC!!!!! :D  :buttrock
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat May 27, 2006 7:11 pm

Nice one Johnny. Your efforts have spiced up and brilliantly decorated this site, and I'm therefore sure it will do well. I like the mobile wallpapers, very Che. And I've been wanting one of those sig-bars for ages now. keep up the good work.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat May 27, 2006 9:13 pm

Jonny...

Can't speak to the mobile phone wallpaper myself but the mini-sigs are cool and I'd love to see a variety of them available to add to our sigs on here.

Just think of the possibilities:

1) A player ratings post that uses mini-sig bars of each player rather than just the name...very cool!

2) A starting 11/formations post that lines these player mini-sig bars up on the page rather than just the name...

3) A personal MOM space in your sig area where you could put up the mini-sig bar of the player that's impressed you most in the last game/recently...a nice way of acknowledging player contributions with a minimum of fuss!

I'm sure there are other cool things that could be done with these.  Point is, I'd love to see you develop those and have them available from your website.

Keep up the good work, mate! :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby luvliverpool » Sun May 28, 2006 12:27 pm

Great site m8..........however u have Owen on it!!! I can understand why tho as he did serve the club well until he deemed us not "good enough" to win trophies and left..not worthy to be on ur site IMO........but I can see why u have him on it
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun May 28, 2006 12:47 pm

very well done, john! :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 28, 2006 6:01 pm

luvliverpool wrote:Great site m8..........however u have Owen on it!!! I can understand why tho as he did serve the club well until he deemed us not "good enough" to win trophies and left..not worthy to be on ur site IMO........but I can see why u have him on it

I did those when he played for us.  And besides I like Michael Owen.  He was a great player for Liverpool and we've gone onto better things without him.  I'm not bitter at all.  I know a lot of people are but I'm not.

Morientes is also on there.  I had loads of Fowler whilst he played for Manchester City.  It will continue to happen that ex-players and staff will be on there.
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion