We need Barnes magic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:24 am

I RECKON IF WE PROMISE TO WIN THE PREM NEXT SEASON HE WILL COME."I PROMISE" :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:27 am

i think kewel doesnt want to sign for leeds unless they show him the money...i have a feeling he'll forfeit champions league with a very good pay increase and as ive understood it theyve tabled an offer but he has not made a decision...i dont think he'll accept it...as we know, leeds need to sign him or sell him or he walks free next year...i think some clubs including ours want him but dont want to pay for him...i have a feeling secret pay offers have been made to him to come free in a years time...otherwise i cant see the mancs replacing giggs and buying him, i can see pires not signing a new contract and being sold in europe...that is possible and then arsenal will make sure they get him...but truely if we miss out on him gh is a fool...we cant keep on being weak in that area of the park and expect to keep up with the front runners..
if we cant buy cisse this year go and buy kewel, he is the only one i say fits what we need.....
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:36 am

WE  NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE US TO THE NEXT LEVEL DO U THINK KEWEL HAS THAT IN HIM ?
I REALLY CANT DECIDE AT THE MOMENT HIS STATS LOOK OK BUT I HAVENT SEEN TOO MUCH OF HIM LAST SEASON I READ A LITTLE WHILE AGO THAT HE WOULD RATHER PLAY 3RD DIV FOOTBALL THAN SIGN FOR MAN U SO IN MY EYES HE HAS 2 OPTIONS ARSENAL OR US  WHAT DO U THINK? ???
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:51 am

well, im sure a few factors come into play for him...
the positive side for us is that were not too far from leeds if he doesnt want to go to london and moreso he may just want to wear a reds jumper which is like a dream come true for him....if we pay him the right amount he'll come, i can feel it...
if he decides to go to london, well he'll 1st of all get the money, 2nd of all want to live in london, 3rd of all want champions league next season...if he wants those things he'll go to arsenal...but i dont think arsenal will make a serious bid unless they know what pires is doing...im not sure if they have re-signed him yet...
my ultimate fear is that if he doesnt sign to leeds they'll sell him to the highest bidder and the italians would love to have him...thats were we might miss out on him, but im not sure whether or not he'll want to go to italy...and maybe barcelona might try and grab him, theyre likely to splash some money around this year.....what do u think?
jaypap

Postby supersub » Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:33 am

Harry Kewel's agent said that kewel and his wife have searching London for a £2 million house for the last two weeks.So it looks like Harry for Arsenal is a done deal.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:13 pm

well
i understand pires is talking to inter milan
and reid is keen on cash and pennant from arsenal
gh is a moron
not only will we miss out on strengthening our left flank
arsenal wont miss a beat replacing pires with kewel...
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:29 pm

I really don't understand the situation with Kewell we've never seemed THAT interested in him despite the fact he's been torturing premiership defences for about 4 seasons can play either flank,is still young and would cost half what were being quoted for Duff. Maybe GH has been told all along that Kewell doesn't fancy a move to Anfield cos thats the only explanation to not chasing him otherwise,Kewell has also played as a striker and has champions league experience,he would be ideal but he must not want to come. :angry:

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:07 pm

ive also heard from a very good source that leeds is very cold on us because of the deal that fell thru with bowyer last year...they were very disappointed with the way gh conducted himself during the transfer talks....has anybody else heard anything like that?
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:03 am

I HEARD A WHILE AGO THAT LEEDS WERE GIVING US THE COLD SHOULDER COS OF THE BOWYER DEAL BUT THAT DONT MEAN sh##e COS IF WE OFFERED THE RIGHT MONEY&DEAL HE WOULD HAVE TO CONSIDER US SURELY. :D
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:15 am

if thats the case
why are we not buying him?
does gh not see that we have no creative drive on the left side...?
does he not see that kewels 10-15 goals a season would help us greatly?

i personally dont think gh is a fan on wide players...
i think he must feel that we are not playing tall up front so whats the point to running wide with crosses coming in....

but i dont think thats what kewel will be doing...
along with giggs and pires, there is no better player running at players from a left wide position...

i just dont get it why he doesnt look at him? ???
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:07 am

I can't see the reason being the way we conducted ourselves over Bowyer because Leeds are controlled by different people now and they are desperate for the money. I think Gh must have been told the player is not interested in us because he wants champions league football this season.It is massively frustrating though cos he IS world class and would provide 15 + goals a season. We have got players we could offer them in part exchange as well,e.g Smicer,Biscan or even Heskey. We should be doing everything possible to try and capture one of the worlds brightest up and coming stars.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:13 pm

im sure kewel knows he'll be playing champions league after next season...
also he's at an age where he would form a formidable partnership with quality players around him that are of similar age....
i think he doesnt mind where he goes, its gh thats not showing the interest he should be...
jaypap

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:13 pm

im sure kewel knows he'll be playing champions league after next season...
also he's at an age where he would form a formidable partnership with quality players around him that are of similar age....
i think he doesnt mind where he goes, its gh thats not showing the interest he should be...
jaypap

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:00 pm

Harry Kewell,we all know,would be the perfect signing this summer.Even Houllier,I'm quite sure,has designs on him too.Alas what do we have,to offer Harry and his agents compared to Arsenal:
     Champions league football......................no
     A team with premier champions record......no
     An exciting attacking formation...............no

We have a club whose fans have passion,a desire to succeed,who support their team through good and bad.We can offer Harry Kewell 'Liverpool Football Club' and all the history and tradition that goes with it.Sadly that has no pull with footballers anymore,so it's upto Rick Parry and Gerrard Houllier to offer unprecedented riches to Kewell and his entourage.We have to make his personal financial reward far out-weigh the lure of the champions league.Over to you Liverpool.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:32 pm

Yes we can't offer the things you listed but if we had Kewell we would have a total new dimension in attack,a player who can play left right wing as a centre forward. Also we will definetely play in the C league after this season we will improve on last years finish i'm sure of it. Maybe GH doesn't fancy him..it would  be worrying for us if he didn't. :0

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion