Jan kromkamp - Welcome to the club

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:17 pm

From the .tv site...

Liverpool have completed the signing of Dutch full-back Jan Kromkamp from La Liga outfit Villarreal. 
Kromkamp becomes manager Rafael Benitez's first signing during this transfer window in a deal which has seen Josemi move in the opposite direction.

The 25 year old right sided defender has successfully passed a medical and completed the formalities of his move from Spain.
Here are ten facts about the newest member of the Liverpool squad:

Jan Kromkamp was born on 17th August 1980 in Makkinga, Holland.

Jan is a Dutch international and a right back.

He is the fourth Dutchman to sign for Liverpool following Sander Westerveld, Erik Meijer and Bolo Zenden.

Jan becomes Rafael Benitez's first signing of 2006.

He played for Dutch side AZ Alkmaar before making the move to Villarreal in the summer of 2005.

Rafael Benitez says of Kromkamp, "He is a strong full-back, aggressive and offensive. He can play as a full-back or a wing-back."

Jan has played for Villarreal in the Champions League this season, helping them to knock Everton out of the competition. He is ineligible for the rest of the competition for Liverpool.

In 1998 he made his professional debut with Go Ahead Eagles in the Dutch Eerste Divisie, the equivalent level of the English Championship.

After 61 appearances and five goals for Go Ahead Eagles, he lefy to join top-flight side AZ Alkmaa in 2000.

In August 2004 Jan made his international debut for Holland, coming off the bench after 70 minutes in a 2-2 friendly draw away to Sweden. He then started the next seven games for the Dutch at right-back
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:21 pm

Hmm I wonder what number he'll wear but I'll put a tenner on him replacing Josemi's Number 17.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:23 pm

Should be an improvement on Josemi, but it does really only leave us with one recognised right back for the champions league games in Finnan.  If he gets injured we could have some problems.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:24 pm

pasted from cggys first january signing

sorry lee j, its been done :D

Holland international Jan Kromkamp will be joining the reds in a swap deal with Josemi going the other way to Villa Real.
Seen him a few times he's a good player.

LIVERPOOL AGREE KROMKAMP DEAL

By John Skilbeck, PA Sport

Dutch international Jan Kromkamp is poised to become Liverpool's first January
signing after terms of an exchange deal were agreed with Spanish side
Villarreal.

The 25-year-old, who is comfortable both in midfield and at right-back, will
move to Anfield as Josemi heads in the opposite direction.

Kromkamp has yet to discuss personal terms, but a statement from his club
tonight announced:  Villarreal have reached an agreement with Liverpool for the
transfer of Dutch defender Jan Kromkamp to the English team and the arrival of
Josemi. The agreement is between the clubs and lacks only the agreement of both
players.

Josemi, 26, was Rafael Benitez's first signing as Liverpool boss when he
arrived from Malaga, but he struggled to break into the first team and has also
been troubled by injury.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:27 pm

yeah but mines from the official .tv site, job done, signed sealed and delivered, not speculation and yet to agree crap
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:27 pm

john craig wrote:Should be an improvement on Josemi, but it does really only leave us with one recognised right back for the champions league games in Finnan.  If he gets injured we could have some problems.

Should Finnan get injured, it is not THAT much of a problem. We can stick Carragher in RB and put Agger and Hyypia as CB, or if worse comes to worse Traore, Sissoko, and even Hamann, can play as CB too.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:33 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
john craig wrote:Should be an improvement on Josemi, but it does really only leave us with one recognised right back for the champions league games in Finnan.  If he gets injured we could have some problems.

Should Finnan get injured, it is not THAT much of a problem. We can stick Carragher in RB and put Agger and Hyypia as CB, or if worse comes to worse Traore, Sissoko, and even Hamann, can play as CB too.

Carragher is far too valuable to move from the centre now, especially against teams in the Champions League, Benitez wouldn't do it.

Sissoko and Hamann have never played at centre back in their lives mate.

It would probably have to be one of the left backs to deputise at right back if needed, whichever one of Warnock or Riise that isn't playing at left back for that game.

Traore?  You must be joking, he's bad enough at left back without playing him on the right :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:39 pm

Actually, I'll stick my neck out here.
Althougfh Traore is very dodgey at left back, I'd say I prefer him as an emergency CB.
He hasn't been that dreadful as CB.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:40 pm

Lee J wrote:yeah but mines from the official .tv site, job done, signed sealed and delivered, not speculation and yet to agree crap

How civil of you
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:41 pm

i must admit i ave never heard of  Kromkamp before i hope he fits in  better than in the squad than  Josemi,does any 1 no was it a striaght swap or was moneny involved?
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:42 pm

Effes wrote:Actually, I'll stick my neck out here.
Althougfh Traore is very dodgey at left back, I'd say I prefer him as an emergency CB.
He hasn't been that dreadful as CB.

Hopefully we'll bring in a centre back in January and NEVER have to consider the possibility of Traore turning out at centre back for us again, he's a total liability imo.

I'll agree he's marginally better in the centre than at left back, but still bollox.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:43 pm

Moderators: Please close this thread that I so stupidly started. I didn't realise CGGY had started a thread called 'First January Signing?', hang on a minute, mine is a fact, CGGY's is a question.

Judge, your a mincer. But you can close it anyway. :D
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:44 pm

staright swap. apparently our lad was in england and wanted to speak spanish, their lad was in spain and wanted to speak english. thats a good move by both clubs and will improve relations if more deals are to occur in the future
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:16 pm

If he is a hard worker then he is already better than Josemi
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Its the second signing behind paul anderson mate not the first. :no  :no
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<