Kewell - Working hard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:14 am

i have to say, although Kewell has been playing awfu lof late, he worked hard today and showed signs of his old form.  He's going to work through his bad form and i think the Villa game was the start.

what do you guys think? :suspect:
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the-stinger » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:51 am

Totally agree

Even though Im an Aussie, I have been really pessimistic about Harry's form and I must say, in the last few weeks, he has slowly bringing his game up a notch. Against Arsenal was the start, when he was partly involved with the lead up to the first goal. Confidence comes from these little things, and before you know it, he's starting to take on the defence as in the game agains Olympiakos to set up the first goal.

He's always around, and he's starting to become the little nuisance we signed him up for. But when the managers (both Benitez and Farina) play him out of position, it takes him a while to find his feet on the park, he is lost up front, and IS NOT A STRIKER. Leave him out wide, and he will work for you.
the-stinger

Postby the great one » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:26 am

yeh Kewell played well but when Sinama came on he changed the game and after we got the 3 goals he showed his experience taking the ball to the corner some players would of put it in the box.All kewell needs is a goal somewhere saying although not his best perfomances his improving each game i would play Mellor and sinama from the start again Everon but well done boys :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby African-red » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:54 am

I have been bitting him all this time. But he is getting there and starting to make us believe he can still do it. I hope Harry has found his form
African-red

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:04 am

Kewell has not done enough, even though he did show patches of brilliance now and then. This is not enough as he needs to show more desire, commitment and consistency.

He is talented, no doubt, but it seems that there is no fire or passion and he only put in effort in glimpses. Not enough, need to try harder, even if it means that he does not diliver all of the time, at least the desire must be there all of the time.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the-stinger » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:16 am

azriahmad wrote:Kewell has not done enough, even though he did show patches of brilliance now and then. This is not enough as he needs to show more desire, commitment and consistency.

He is talented, no doubt, but it seems that there is no fire or passion and he only put in effort in glimpses. Not enough, need to try harder, even if it means that he does not diliver all of the time, at least the desire must be there all of the time.

Totally disagree. For you to say that he has no fire in him, is a bunch of hog wash. He would have quit, kept the millions he got from leeds and LFC and ran. Thats what you do when you lose the fire in you, you go and be a co-owner in a race-horse, go to Tuesday night p*ss ups at the pub, go and pick up a drug habit (possibly coke addiction) and thats what happens when you lose the passion for playing.

Harry is out there wanting to succeed like all of them. Us as supporters must do exactly that, and support them.

Stop bashing our players, were not Manchester United or Arsenal.
the-stinger

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:56 am

Imo Kewell is showing signs of better form in the recent games. The way he takes on the defender prior to Sinama`s goal reminded me of the performances he gave just after he came to Anfield. I think he still has got a fair amount of work to do until he becomes the player he was when he signed for Liverpool (how he managed wasting those two chances yesterday is to me a riddle), but the last games has been promising.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:16 am

Gotta give it to Arry last night, he worked his socks off and had a good game, one of the best games in a red shirt :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:41 pm

I agree, he's not at his best, but he seems to be improving in every game
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion