Jumbo clearout sale!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:32 pm

Houllier might be back winning again, but the crisis will come again, believe me. Whoever the new manager is will have the greatest car boot sale in history…

Tesco’s Sale January 2004: 99% off all marked prices!!

Igor Biscan
Djimi Traore
Vladimir Smicer
Grogary Vignal
Patrice Luzi
Bruno Cheyrou
Salif Diao
Neil Mellor
Neil Ostembor
Emile Heskey
Ritchie Partridge

Tescos accepts no liability for faulty or defective products but does guarantee that the above products will return and score the winning goal against former owner!

Purchase one of the above and get a free Bernard Diomonde!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:19 pm

Igor Biscan - To prone to mistakes, but good back up as he is verstaille. VERDICT - Don't Sell

Djimi Traore - Not enough body stength, and to prone to mistakes - VERDICT - Sell

Vladimir Smicer - Not a bad squad player, can play anywhere across the midfield and as a shadow striker - VERDICT - Don't Sell

Grogary Vignal - Very promising left back, cost us £200,000, looked quality when he had a run in the team - VERDICT - Don't Sell

Patrice Luzi - Third choice kepper, we haven't got anyone else - VERDICT - Don't Sell

Bruno Cheyrou - Has never been given a run, but has failed when given a few chances - VERDICT - Undecided

Salif Diao - Looks like he could be a very good anchor man - VERDICT - Don't Sell

Neil Mellor - From what I have seen looks cr#p, but houllier describes him as a "Goal Machine", still young - VERDICT - Loan him out to a club that will actually play him!

Neil Ostembor - His name is actually Jon, young with potential VERDICT - Loan him out

Emile Heskey - Has potential and attributes to be a decent striker, but dosen't have the brains. Paid 11M, wouldn't get half that, maybe Houulier should swallow his pride - VERDICT - Sell(if we can)

Ritchie Partridge - Showed potential while out at coventry with some great displays, but never giving a chance, it's too late. - VERDICT - Sell

Diomede is long gone already and thank God!!!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:08 pm

I was joking about selling half of these players, although if they don't shape up soon we had better off get rid of them.

My own opinions are:

Igor Biscan:Has certainly showed signs of improvement, but he will cost us in mistakes yet, believe me.

Djimi Traore: I'm sorry, but I never liked this player. The first time I saw him play was in the 2-0 away defeat at Arsenal in the 2000/01 season (where Hamman and McAllister were sent off) and he was abysmal. In my opinion he hasn't done much since. Blackburn offered us £3million for him 18 months ago!

Vladimir Smicer: I know everybody slaggs him, but with good reason. I always said: "Give hime time" but I remember a game at Anfield in 2000/2001 where we beat Newcastle 3-0 and he was terrible. He got loads of the ball and his use of it was atrocious. He has got better since then, but he's a squad player at the absolute best.

Bruno Cheyrou: He deserves a chance, but I have a feeling in my bones that he'll never make it.

Salif Diao: Also deserves a chance, but I could see a new manager taking a dislike to him.

Heskey: If he doesn't start doing it regularly soon (and fingers crossed that he will continue his current good form) we should cut our losses.

Neil Mellor: Hasn't pulled up much trees at West Ham so far, and with Sinama-Pongolle coming through, and probably Cisse arriving in the summer, where can we fit him in? He's already behind Owen, Baros and Heskey.

Gregar Vignal: Showed some promise at the start of the 2001/2002 season before breaking his toe against Grimsby, when he comes back from Bastia he'll have Carragher and Riise ahead of him.

Would someone please clarify the position as to Diomonde?

I have heard from a number of sources that his deal with Ajaccio is not permanent, and that he is still technically a Liverpool player (although his contract is soon up).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:12 pm

Come on redmen!!! :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ROBtheRED » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:12 pm

The above players cost us the best part of £30million, if we sold them on now we'd be lucky to recover about £7million. . .Biscan, Traore and Diao aren't and never will be good enough to wear the badge, Smicer and Heskey have been at the club long enough to know what to expect from them (normally inconsistency but you know they've got the quality when they feel like showing it) and the rest have all got time on their side to blossom (hopefully?) so can't see us getting much cash back!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:08 pm

Yes a good call on all of these manager's bargains

BISCAN...... Although he has done OK in central defence he is not a long term prospect. Because he has done so little in the last 2 seasons it has been a surprise to see him do a decent job.A stop gap centre half rather than a regular. I think Houllier has picked him for reasons.( 1 ) to increase his potential transfer fee ( 2 ) because he cannot admit to making a cr#p purchase in the 1st place

TRAORE..Not good enough to be in Liverpool's squad let alone the 1st team. cr#p distribution , a tendency to make rash tackles and prone to drop at least one clanger every game. Get rid...now !

VIGNAL...When he first appeared he showed real promise , the end of the treble season and the early months of 2001 / 2002 until an unfortunate injury set him back. Since then he has hardly had a look in and sufferred the ultimate Houllier vote of confidence , a sub being subbed. Worth persevering with .. unlike Traore

SMICER..Yes he has had a better season this time around but not enough to justify a regular place. He was anonymous for much of the Fulham game which sums up his time at Liverpool. Potentially a great but in reality a squad player and he's only been here since 1999.

DIAO...Has shown potential on occasions to be an able deputy for Hamann on occasions and last season he did make notable contributions..remember Basle away , OK the result wasn't what we wanted but he did make a difference when he came on. What he is not is a central defender or full back ..Houllier please note.

CHEYROU..Given the hype and comparisons that came with him Cheyrou has to be classed as a waste of money. OK he hasn't had the luxury of a settled run but when he has played he has given no hint that he has the ability , attitude or bottle to be a success. Are there any buyers out there ?

HESKEY..Another one who promised so much but has failed to deliver. His best spell with us was during the treble season but even then he ran out of steam at the end.He has everything going for him , natural pace and strength...yet fails to impose himself and when the going gets tough appears to pick up a knock.His goalscoring record in the past 2 years has been a joke yet he still gets picked for us and England. Anelka was allowed to leave and we lived to rergret it...is Houllier worried the same would happen with Emile ?

MELLOR..Had he taken his reserve goalscoring ratio to West Ham then they well have made a bid to sign him but so far he has done little to impress. If he returns he will be 5th choice at best.

Come the end of the season then there could be some other notable departures ( particularly if we do not qualify for the Champions League )

OWEN..If we miss out on the CL then he may well try to chance his arm elsewhere.He has already been with us longer than Keegan was ! After what happened with Mcmanaman the board would probably accept some pesetas.

HYYPIA..If we continue to underachieve then there will bo some sacrificial lambs and I think Sami will be one. He hasn't been at his best in the last 18 months and has been picked largely on reputation.

DUDEK..hasn't been the same player since the 2002 world cup and contract extension shortly afterwards. I think Houllier sees Kirkland as the long term number 1 and is waiting for him to get over his recent injuries, Don't get me wrong ; Dudek is still a good keeper but not the player he was. ( he will never forget or be allowed  to forget the f##k up against the mancs )

HAMANN..I didn't like the vibes coming from Houllier et al when Hamann was linked with a move away earlier in the year. His recent return has been pretty low key. This coupled with Stevie G playing in the holding role could hasten his departure.
THEBARON

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion