Jose miguel gonzales rey - [josemi]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:40 am

The player has been injured for quite some time. I read in some forums that he is considered by some fans as being a bad signing. I think that we should give him some time.

The transition from La Liga to Premiership has proved not to be so easy for all the Spanish recruits.

I trust Rafa in his signings although some might consider that he did wrong in bringing Mauricio Pellegrino to Anfield. The big Argentinian, in my opinion, did help out Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyppia with the zonal marking system that Rafa prefers.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:35 am

I am a Liverpool supporter and I was quite impressed with Josemi's early performances right up until he started to get caught napping and left midfielders started to notice that Josemi didn't have lightening fast pace and exploited that. Josemi is a good strong defender, he is well built and makes life difficult for opposition players a like, trouble is he hasn't got pace and that causes problems to our back four. He is young and we bought him for £2million from Malaga so you can't really expect world class standards from him and I think with his injuries etc, it will take him the best part of next season aswell to settle in. I am prepared to give him time next season,, but I would stick with Finnan myself as I think he is the all round better DR.
48-1119859832

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion