Gonzales ahead of schedule

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:46 pm

From Sky Sports

Mark Gonzalez is recovering ahead of schedule and hopes to make his mark at Liverpool as soon as possible.

Rafa Benitez signed Gonzalez on loan from Spanish side Albacete for the season, with the view of making the switch permanent next summer.

The Chilean winger is recovering from a cruciate knee ligament injury, but is making swift progress in his rehabilitation.

Gonzalez, known as 'Speedy' due to his pace down the wing, is coming back ahead of schedule and hopes to play for The Reds before the original November date.

The 20-year-old says that Benitez has not put any pressure on him, but he does want to show what he has got to the Anfield fans as soon as possible.

"The Liverpool manager has been watching me since last year, and I guess they know I am still young and will recover quickly," Gonzalez told Uefa's website.

"My recovery is ahead of schedule, so I hope to be able to make my debut soon.

"Benitez has told me just to focus on getting fit. He said he knows all about my quality and that I don't have to pass any exams."

Gonzalez says that it is a great opportunity to play for the European champions, and is desperate to be a success on Merseyside.

"For a young player like me this is an incredible experience. I want to take things step by step and enjoy this chance that life has given me.

"Obviously, I want to make my mark.

"I hope I can be useful to the team and satisfy everyone at the club - coaches, players and supporters.

"I'd love a permanent move but right now I am just thankful to be here. I'm going to work very hard and hopefully will prove my value to the club."

Fantastic news, Gonzales showing how much he wants to play and prove himself.  :bowdown
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:48 pm

sounds like a good buy. great attitude and all the attributes we need at the club
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:54 pm

Sounds promising.. but i've never seen him play.. no idea what he's like... infact.. i don't even know what he looks like!!!

Figured hes fast according to his nickname.. but is he very skillfull? can he beat players, then put in a quality cross??

Anyone ever seen him play?
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:36 pm

Hes got a great left peg, I saw him take to or three on earlier in the year for Albacete on the left flank, then throw a dummy, as if he was going to go to the out side to whip a cross in but he just hit with the outside off his left and it curled into the far right corner. 

I no one person who can do this but from the right all day, ME :laugh:
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby DrTNT » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:46 pm

dawson99 wrote:sounds like a good buy. great attitude and all the attributes we need at the club

I totally agree with dawson99 and cannot wait to see him play.
DrTNT

Postby MCYan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:56 pm

Speedy is recovering speedily.
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:45 pm

by the sounds of him he seems to be a really good player.
he just looks like that sort of player we need. like a robben or duff.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:50 pm

great to hear the positive attitude. is he the first south american to lay for liverpool?
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:52 pm

Pellegrino was the first.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby barnesrush » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:48 pm

ahh yeah course he was. knew id missed an obvious one :)
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby rafasredmen » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:51 pm

Did Pellegrino actually play i know he walked(he may of been running it was very hard to tell the difference) around the pitch but didn't see him do much else.Credit to Gonzalez for quick recovery and attitude lets hope he as good as he sounds.
rafasredmen

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:59 pm

i can,t wait to see this guy,we haven,t had a good winger since john barnes,and with his speed and great dribbling skills it looks like those days of great wing play at anfield could be returning
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:17 pm

I've never seen him play but he is showing good attitude and obviously wants to prove rafa the he was right to bring him to the club. He is showing that he doesn't think he is just going to waltz into the team and play every week. Benitez said he knows about his quality but the question is can he show it?
And with the attitude the player is showing I would say he is determined to make sure the answer is yes.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:36 pm

I too have never seen him play and indeed had never heard of him. However, spannish correspondent on Talk Sport says he's the cats whiskers, fast, skilful and can cross. Reckons he is a fantastic acquisition for the European Champions (sounds great saying that!!). I was really pumped up after listening to that eulogy.
charwell

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:00 pm

Heres the new hunk in the flesh hope he's better than twinkle toes C Ronaldo, imagine what a bargain if he is :cool:

Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion