Is money ruining the premiership - General

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is money ruining the premiership - General

LOOKING BACK ON OLD VIDEOS IM WATCHING GREAT PLAYERS AND TO THINK OF THE MONEY THAT THEY WERE GETTING COMPARED TO NOW IS FRIGHTNING .
17%
MOST OF THESE PLAYERS PLAYED FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THE LOVE OF THIER CLUB BUT IS THAT THE CASE NOW ?
50%
I HAVE NO PROBLEM PAYING A PLAYER IF HE PROVES HIMSELF WORTH IT BUT HOW MANY R OUT THERE ON MORE MONEY THAN WE COULD DREAM OF AND DONT GIVE A Sh*t WHETER THEY WIN LOSE OR DRAW .
17%
SOME OR SITTING ON THE BENCH CONSTANTLY AND GETTING MORE MONEY A WEEK THAN YOU OR ME IN A YEAR
17%
SO DO YOU THINK IF THESE PLAYERS WERE BEING PAID FOR THE JOB THEY DO LIKE ME AND YOU RATHER THAN THE JOB THERE NOT DOING MIGHT MAKE A DIFFERENCE ?
No votes

Total votes : 6

Postby leothelion » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:11 am

THIS COULD GO FOR MANAGEMENT AS WELL AS PLAYERS
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:36 am

IT ALL USED TO BE ABOUT PURE PASSION.
LOVE FOR THE GAME AND THE TEAM YOU ARE PLAYING FOR.

BUT NOW (AT LEAST FOR THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS) IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LARGE PAY CHEQUES.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING AND EVEN PAY FOR THE CHANCE TO PLAY FOR MY TEAM, JUST ONCE!

ANY OPINIONS? DOM1.:D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:48 am

They are paid for what they are capable of but they don't necessarily do it week in, week out. How many top "earners" are producing the goods regularly? Money got silly and the players are greedy. TV is the culprit IMO, SKY pumps money into football and the clubs and players all expect their share. I suppose the "fans" are also to blame for subscribing to so much football and making it a lucrative business sitting and watching the most tedious of cr@p put before them. What is today's offering - Everton vs Man City and Charlton vs Southampton ??? I expect a lot of people will say "it will be a good game" or "we don't want to watch the big clubs all the time" but where are those four clubs going to be come the end of the season? Somewhere between 7th and 17th I expect, all you can hope for is a watchable game of football.

I'd have put Leicester vs Arsenal, Tottenham vs Wolves or even Leeds vs Chelski on today, games with a bit of interest and potentially entertaining games. I'm not saying the Wolves game would be interesting because I know there were seven goals but Wolves are struggling and Tottenham too and both play decent, open games with a fair chance of goals. The other two involve top vs bottom clashes with both sides needing the win.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:00 pm

I SUPPOSE SKY TV IS TO BLAME but were would you be if u didn't have a game to watch on a sunday afternoon. or the chance to see REAL MADRID play through the week.

i must say sky have gone a bit over the top showing games from the conference and even in the bundesliga.
I MEAN WHO REALLY WATCHES THAT! except for maybe the sad a#ses that support yeovil or germans in britain!

I disagree about showing mediocre games such as EVERTON vs MAN CITY as i am an everton fan who works at the weekend. and i would never get a chance to see my team play other wise.

regards Dom1.
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:09 pm

Go and "lick windows" blue nose!! get off this forum and find your own along with the other "bitters!!  what is a blue nose doing on here in the first place? :;):
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:14 pm

well now there is no doubt that it is all money motivated now the days of the game being about passion are long dead.
I can only count the names of the exception of true pros on one hand now, years ago everyone where true pros
116-1065305004

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:32 pm

Dom1 wrote:I disagree about showing mediocre games such as EVERTON vs MAN CITY as i am an everton fan who works at the weekend. and i would never get a chance to see my team play other wise.

Well Everton and Man City fans aside, I doubt it generates that much interest. Man City are in a rough trot and Everton are..............well  won't say but suffice it to say a nil-nil would be no great surprise

Are you the same Dom off footy forums?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:33 pm

Ferguson is frightened because Chelski can splash more money about in a week than he can in a few seasons. This wage capping cr@p has come far too late, he only wants it because he knows manure won't pay top wages and lure big names and Chelski can.

Run scared fergie!  :p
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:40 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Go and "lick windows" blue nose!! get off this forum and find your own along with the other "bitters!!  what is a blue nose doing on here in the first place? :;):

f##k OFF REDTILLDEAD THIS IS A FREE FORUM AND IT IS OPEN TO ANYONE. SO DONT TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO.
COS THE BEAVIS CREW WILL DESTROY YOU.
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:45 pm

Owzat wrote:
Dom1 wrote:I disagree about showing mediocre games such as EVERTON vs MAN CITY as i am an everton fan who works at the weekend. and i would never get a chance to see my team play other wise.

Well Everton and Man City fans aside, I doubt it generates that much interest. Man City are in a rough trot and Everton are..............well  won't say but suffice it to say a nil-nil would be no great surprise

Are you the same Dom off footy forums?

I SUPPOSE BUT YOU COULD SAY THAT ABOUT LIVERPOOL GAMES ASWELL. AS NOT MANY MANCS WILL WANT TO SIT DOWN AND WATCH LFC PLAY FOR EXAMPLE.

i do agree though a nil-nil would not surprise me at all (actually it wouldnt be to bad)

P.S. I AM ONE CALLED UK FOOTBALL FORUMS. BUT I DONT KNOW IF THAT IS WHAT U ARE ON ABOUT.

IF SO WHAT IS YOURE NAME ON IT,
LATER GRIZZLY DUDE DOM1.
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:46 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Go and "lick windows" blue nose!! get off this forum and find your own along with the other "bitters!!  what is a blue nose doing on here in the first place? :;):

Any fans are welcome on this, I am registered on other football forums despite not supporting that club and people are cool with that, so dont disgrace Liverpool by not letting him have his say eh?
116-1065305004

Postby supersub » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:09 pm

I have to endorse your view beavis.I am happy to hear other club's supporters views on any issues as long as they are not offensive.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:01 am

OF COURSE ANY FANS ARE WELCOME I MYSELF HAVE BEEN AN AVID LIVERPOOL FAN SINCE I HAVE BEEN 4 YEARS OF AGE BUT NOT ALL MY FRIENDS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME OR FAMILY FOR THAT MATTER BUT ITS ALWAYS FUN AND INTERESTING GETTING TOGETHER EXPESSING EACH OTHERS VIEWS HAVING A SLAGGING MATCH AND REMEMBER THAT WERE ALL FOOTBALL  FANS NO MATTER WHAT TEAM WE FOLLOW ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS A MANC
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby samson1 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:11 pm

Money rules everything!!!!
samson1

Postby leothelion » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:17 am

TRU JUST LOOK AT CHELSEA
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion