How does a five-time eurochampion like us - Don't have enough money to spend?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tiiger » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:55 am

Who to blame?

1. UEFA--they banned English teams from playing in European comeptitions for quite a long time. (but why Manure is still rich?)

2. The Liverpool Board--even we are the MOST SUCCESSFUL team in the history of English football (5 times european champion, 18 times top league champions), our board failed to use any of these prestige to either expand our market or attract good sponsors.

3. Houllier--our transfer genius, wasted almost all our saving. He is the direct reason for the leaving of Owen and the quandry now.

Sorry for such a depressed post. It's so frastrating to see Owen joining Magpies and our failure on transfer market. Hope Rafa has surprise for us!  :buttrock
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby Paul C » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:12 am

Because Houllier bled the club dry, spending £125m on sh1t and leaving Rafa without much money. :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tiiger » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:16 am

Paul C wrote:Because Houllier bled the club dry, spending £125m on sh1t and leaving Rafa without much money. :(

and where do the magpies collect so much money?
Tiiger

Postby eds » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:23 am

Tiiger wrote:Who to blame?

1. UEFA--they banned English teams from playing in European comeptitions for quite a long time. (but why Manure is still rich?)

2. The Liverpool Board--even we are the MOST SUCCESSFUL team in the history of English football (5 times european champion, 18 times top league champions), our board failed to use any of these prestige to either expand our market or attract good sponsors.

3. Houllier--our transfer genius, wasted almost all our saving. He is the direct reason for the leaving of Owen and the quandry now.

Sorry for such a depressed post. It's so frastrating to see Owen joining Magpies and our failure on transfer market. Hope Rafa has surprise for us!  :buttrock

Who are we blaming? For what?

So do you want Rafa to spend millions on trash just like Houllier.  Or spend money when its not warranted like buying Michael Owen? ???

The news of Mick going to the Geordies has strengthened my admiration for Rafa. The man will not budge on his ideals, that is the true test of a great manager in my mind. Anyone who thinks that he will find 100% gold in all his buys is farkin deluded. Remind me how much so called 'failures' such as Zenden, Josemi have cost us...... no where near the astronomical amounts of money that hacks such Cheyrou, Diouf, Diao, Heskey, etc cost........

The man will build this team, mark my word, and people have to understand that this will come at an emotional price (Mickey not playing for the pool again!)

If there are any true liverpool fans out there its time to get behind Rafa, not fault him....... This is liverpool for farks sake....
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Tiiger » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:48 am

eds wrote:
Tiiger wrote:Who to blame?

Who are we blaming? For what?

So do you want Rafa to spend millions on trash just like Houllier.  Or spend money when its not warranted like buying Michael Owen? ???

The news of Mick going to the Geordies has strengthened my admiration for Rafa. The man will not budge on his ideals, that is the true test of a great manager in my mind. Anyone who thinks that he will find 100% gold in all his buys is farkin deluded. Remind me how much so called 'failures' such as Zenden, Josemi have cost us...... no where near the astronomical amounts of money that hacks such Cheyrou, Diouf, Diao, Heskey, etc cost........

The man will build this team, mark my word, and people have to understand that this will come at an emotional price (Mickey not playing for the pool again!)

If there are any true liverpool fans out there its time to get behind Rafa, not fault him....... This is liverpool for farks sake....

hey, you, I didn't blame Rafa for anything! READ MY POST CAREFULLY NEXT TIME!!!

Name the handful teams in Europe who won CL more than 4 times: Real Madrid(9), AC Milan(6), Liverpool(5), Ajax (4), Bayern Munchen (4). We are the third in ranking but we are the poorest. Yeah, we are finally on the right track after the arrival of Rafa, but I need to blame those who made Rafa's job so struggling that he has to buy a RM from teams like Bolton and Villa! Only Jaoquin can meet our status!
Tiiger

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:52 am

Well said, Raffa is the answer. It is cheaper to get a world class manager than buy a world class team. The first one will make the second one.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:57 am

Its a desparation deal. A desperate club wothout a win and an ageing striker who should have hung up his boots last year, a desperate manager who has yet to win a game, and a desperate player who is only worried about keeping his place in the national team.

Newcastle will not win the league or Champions league with Owen, he will score goals but so did Shearer, and what did they win with him firing?

We did well to stay out of it
tel

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:02 am

.. money don't grow on trees.. u need to stop believing that now OK :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:38 am

there's a good explanation here

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:19 am

This is the worlds rich list based on income

1 Manchester United 171.5 million pounds sterling
2 Real Madrid 156.3
3 AC Milan 147.2
4 Chelsea 143.7
5 Juventus 142.4
6 Arsenal 115.0
7 Barcelona 112.0
8 Internazionale 110.3
9 Bayern Munich 110.1
10 Liverpool 92.3
11 Newcastle United 90.5
12 AS Roma 72.0
13 Celtic 69.0
14 Tottenham Hotspur 66.3
15 SS Lazio 65.8
16 Manchester City 61.9
17 Schalke 04 60.5
18 Olympique Marseille 58.3
19 Rangers 57.1
20 Aston Villa 55.9
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:25 am

There is money there, but the board are not going to squander it anymore like what happened in the past.

Refusing to pay £16m for a player they sold 12 months ago for £8m and a journeyman is an example of good common sense.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:28 am

I agree JBG ,very foolish business if we had,and would have made us a laughing stock.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:30 am

what did we sell rushie for and how much did we pay for him back from Juve

anyone know??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:33 am

But we must (and I mean must), sign more players
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Robin_kopite7 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:47 am

drummerphil wrote:This is the worlds rich list based on income

1 Manchester United 171.5 million pounds sterling
2 Real Madrid 156.3
3 AC Milan 147.2
4 Chelsea 143.7
5 Juventus 142.4
6 Arsenal 115.0
7 Barcelona 112.0
8 Internazionale 110.3
9 Bayern Munich 110.1
10 Liverpool 92.3
11 Newcastle United 90.5
12 AS Roma 72.0
13 Celtic 69.0
14 Tottenham Hotspur 66.3
15 SS Lazio 65.8
16 Manchester City 61.9
17 Schalke 04 60.5
18 Olympique Marseille 58.3
19 Rangers 57.1
20 Aston Villa 55.9

We have the third largest fan base in the world beaten only by Real Madrid and Barcelona, yet we rank well below the likes of manure, Chelski, arsenal and just a couple of pounds better than nufc :(

Our marketing must be one of the worst in the world: I am from Sweden and the last couple of years Liverpool haven´t really been mentioned as on of the biggest and best clubs in England. This must be due to Souness and Houlliers catastrophic management the last decade. We were on the verge of becoming a shadow of our past but thankfully Rafa brought us the succes lfc so desperately needed.

However in order to compete in the long run we need money, and it really doesn´t grow on trees...in most cases at least (none mentioned none forgotten) hrm CHELSKI!

But we are on the rise and will soon overtake the wannabes ahead of us!

YNWA :buttrock
Robin_kopite7

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion