Here's an Idea...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:34 pm

After Newcastle goes down, appoint Rafa as director of football. Klopp needs all the help he can get. Klopp and Rafa combined can make this club great again. Rafa could procure all the Spanish players, of course Klopp gets the last call. What do you think?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Put the crack pipe down son.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:38 pm

the return of HAS » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:36 pm wrote:Put the crack pipe down son.

:laugh:
Just answer this question, who built the strongest Liverpool team since we last won the league?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Two big egos....?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:14 pm

I love Rafa but there would almost certainly be a clash of personalities. Rafa IMO is one of the best managers we've ever had in the 124 year history of this club, given the cards he was dealt I honestly believe no manager could have done more but this is Jurgen's time now. IMO no DoF's, Jurgen is the governor now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Rafa had his time. It was great while it lasted but it's over now. Klopp's time is now and it's time to look ahead, not backwards.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:14 pm wrote:I love Rafa but there would almost certainly be a clash of personalities. Rafa IMO is one of the best managers we've ever had in the 124 year history of this club, given the cards he was dealt I honestly believe no manager could have done more but this is Jurgen's time now. IMO no DoF's, Jurgen is the governor now.

I liked Rafa and felt he was hard done by when he alerted the fans to what the previous owners were doing as well as making us the best team in Europe again. He was the casualty to the previous owner's spite and the club and supporters owe him a great debt. Having said that it is a different time and we have a very good passionate manager who is truly one of the people, the perfect fit for LFC. I would not want to muddy the waters for Klopp.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:43 am

If Rafa stays in England then one day I'd consider putting him on the Board as a tribute to his dedication to the club, handling of the 96 affairs and the bond he developed with the city and it's people; but his manager or DOF days are behind us all.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:24 pm

No no no no no !!!!!

Rafa has had his time at Liverpool and we had some good times for which I will always be grateful. He also played some of the most turgid football I have ever seen and some of his man management failings were legendary. The name Alonso comes to mind !! And what has he actually achieved since leaving Liverpool ???
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:14 pm

devaney » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:24 pm wrote:No no no no no !!!!!

Rafa has had his time at Liverpool and we had some good times for which I will always be grateful. He also played some of the most turgid football I have ever seen and some of his man management failings were legendary. The name Alonso comes to mind !! And what has he actually achieved since leaving Liverpool ???

He's won the Europa League, the World Club Championship, the Copa Italia and 2 Italian Super Cups  :;):
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Like players managers have a shelf life and Rafa has been on the decline since his last year with us.

At this point hes a gun for hire, short term jobs with big rewards if he hits his targets.

In terms of a long term permanent job hes a mid table manager at best now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:53 pm

parchpea » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:24 pm wrote:Like players managers have a shelf life and Rafa has been on the decline since his last year with us.

At this point hes a gun for hire, short term jobs with big rewards if he hits his targets.

In terms of a long term permanent job hes a mid table manager at best now.

You're spot on, sadly.

Rafa has lost the plot in my opinion. Seriously, WTF is he doing at the Barcodes?  From Real Madrid to the chumpionship in 12 months...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 pm

I think Newcastle is a good move for him, Rafa is the type of manager that needs a few years to build a project, the clubs he has been at post Liverpool (Inter, Chelsea, Madrid etc) arent really that type.
If he can keep Newcastle up he'll get a few bob to spend and more importantly he'll get time to implement his idea's as well. They get 10,000 more than us through the gates for each home game so there's a lot of potential up there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:56 am

But the points some of you are highlighting are weaknesses by Rafa as a MANAGER... style of football being played, man management of players. We have Klopp as a MANAGER. I'm talking about Rafa as a DOF. His role will be very much ambassadorial, player procurement, convincing players to sign on the dotted line, talent assessment and maybe like a chief scout. And maybe long term strategic planning. The theory is Rafa will compliment Klopp's weaknesses or if not weaknesses, will make the player procurement department even stronger. Rafa has in-depth knowledge on Spanish players, Italian league and so on. Klopp has only ever managed in the Bundesliga and now EPL. Of course all this will only work if Klopp is willing and both of them can work together. The final say on players should still stay with the MANAGER who is Klopp.

By only spending 20-25 million net a season, Rafa built the strongest Liverpool team since we last won the league. He is meticulous and doesn't get it wrong too often. His teams to me are the most balanced teams. As much as I was a fan of BR, I can't believe he didn't address our weak spine. I can't believe we are still talking about a new CM, a new CB and a new GK and maybe even a new out and out striker...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:09 am

And he's got the famous 5,000 video tapes...... !

Didn't JK say he was the boss and all decisions were his? He insisted on no transfer committee and no DOF didn't he?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion