And who's great idea was this?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Hadnt heard nothing about this, was lurkin on there reading what they where saying about the draw and found this.

This is a terrible idea and I cannot believe the FA will be doing the same at the Manc Everton one  :no  :no  :no

http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=41913
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:08 pm

What a load of nonsense. What have any of those teams got to do with Hillsborough.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simolonge » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:23 pm

IT is the FA Cup Semi Final, the same stage of the competition twenty years later.
simolonge

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:23 pm

In a way, I do appreciate that the F.A. as a football association that represents English football considers that tragedy as a tragedy for the whole English football nation.

But it doesn't take much imagination to foresee that many Mancs and Chelsea supporters won't respect that, so it seems a very bad idea.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:24 pm

How are these people in charge of football?

Anyone with any sense would know this is a very very bad idea!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Some of the replies in that thread are fecking shocking and downright disgusting and its a shame that fellow football fans write that sort of stuff.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Sabre wrote:In a way, I do appreciate that the F.A. as a football association that represents English football considers that tragedy as a tragedy for the whole English football nation.

But it doesn't take much imagination to foresee that many Mancs and Chelsea supporters won't respect that, so it seems a very bad idea.

Then the FA and whole football nation should be pressing for a proper enquiry.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Reg wrote:
Sabre wrote:In a way, I do appreciate that the F.A. as a football association that represents English football considers that tragedy as a tragedy for the whole English football nation.

Then the FA and whole football nation should be pressing for a proper enquiry.

True enough.

To be just, you have to be valiant. And it seems that they aren't valiant enough to dig out the truth, but try to compensate that injustice with gestures.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm surprised fans on here think it's a bad idea, awareness of the tragedy is no bad thing. As for chelsea fan reactions, they happily sit/stand gormlessly during a minute's silence once a year (11/11) and doubtless do the same when posting "RIP" to any and every celeb that dies even though they never met them, yet won't applaud for a minute once in 20 years out of respect for the dead................. Bear in mind 11/11 is principally for people who died during wars, no world war since 1945 so before most fans were born. Hillsborough happened in most attending's lifetime and took place at semi-final weekend so I don't see why the FA shouldn't mark the tragedy. I think anyone criticising them from Liverpool's side of things should think a bit more about it and why. As for the "proper enquiry", was it the FA's fault the outcome of the enquiry was a farce?

The problem is the more Liverpool FC, fans and campaigns for justice push, the less everyone else will be happy to. So I say credit the FA for this gesture which may raise awareness, they've also given it some thought as there would doubtless be plenty who would disrespect a minute's silence. Just because a few idiots on a (CFC) forum don't like the idea, doesn't mean those going won't cooperate. After all the CFC fans on forums are bound to be pretty hostile given they spend time on forums and doubtless encounter and argue with more LFC fans than a lot of others do - bear in mind you don't have to go to matches or even be in this country to post on www, you do to go to semis.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion