Goals, the life blood of the game - How are we doing in this dept?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:54 pm

if one has to leave then it has to be milan. when cisse signed he said it was his "dream" to play for liverpool. milan baros says it is his "dream" to play for barcelona. spot the difference. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:55 pm

stmichael wrote:if one has to leave then it has to be milan. when cisse signed he said it was his "dream" to play for liverpool. milan baros says it is his "dream" to play for barcelona. spot the difference. :angry:

I am with you on that one buddy.

Anyone who talks of wishing they played for another club, I will personaly drive them there.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:58 pm

the funniest thing is that baros actually has it in his head that he is good enough to play for barcelona. :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:10 pm

:laugh:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:33 pm

Leonmc0708

Keep the abuse down please, stats are not facts they are interpretation of numbers. Any manager that used stats to soley make his decision on wouldn't last 5 mins, there is more to it than that.

The Redrider = Kinda is kinda boring now but if it makes you happy feel free :D
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:17 pm

Very good post Leon(1st one)
Cisse rite now is not as good as Baros but the potential is there with the right attitude.
Baros should be played in every games now cos he's best striker in Liv now, simple as that..
whylongball?

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:21 pm

I dont rate Baros, he is starting to look a bit predictable although he can finish.

As for Cisse, he reminds me of Diouf, but without the attitude. I think its 50/50 as to whether he will be a massive hit but i still think he can be relied upon to score 12+ goals a season.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:31 pm

Baros has had his ego inflated by the Euro 04 affair, probably has his agent blowing in his ear to capitalise on the fame. Testing the water with the Barcelona talk to see if there is any spark of response. If Baros warms the bench a bit, I suspect he will look for an out. Probably in the summer once Rafa has imported another Spaniard for the works.
Let's hope that Cisse comes good, sticks the pace and pay's off all the faith being invested him, in these columns.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:36 pm

Redrider wrote:Baros has had his ego inflated by the Euro 04 affair.

exactly my point. people on here were claiming he's better than michael owen. that's just complete garbage.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:37 pm

Interesting point from an article in the Daily Post :

''But whatever he says in public about a growing problem, Benitez is fully aware that Liverpool in the summer sold off Michael Owen, Emile Heskey and Danny Murphy, three players who contributed 39 goals between them last season.''

No wonder we are struggling a bit, to lose a good percentage of you current firepower and re-build is not going to happen overnight.
My guess is that they sold Heskey on the strength of the arrival of Cisse, Murphy was not a big nr in the goals bag, but always good for a goal against Manu.
I think the un-planned problem was MO leaving.
Did he go fully of his own desire or did Rafa/Rick Parry decide to 'lance the boil' and help send him south ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:49 pm

paper talk today rumours Morientes is v unhappy at Real and LFC are his first choice...  That would make me v happy.. proven goal scorer playing up front with.....  my choice would be cisse.. he will come good  (i hope)
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:52 pm

Mista looks the likely purchase in January. Morientes will be too expensive for a 28 yr old.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:02 pm

stmichael

Hate to agree with you but yer right about the MO comparison, not fit to lick his boots!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:15 pm

Madrid now try and end speculation by claiming Morientes is not for sale. Thats as may be but looks like he wants away. I just so wish there was no transfer window because this one is going to run and run until new year. This one and god knows how many more possibles between now and then  :glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:12 pm

I wonder if whwn Baros scores, he feels "great I have helped the team, let's try and win this match" or does he think "great, each goal I score will get me closer to Barcelona".

Don't get me wrong, I like Baros and think he is a good striker but his attitude at times is a little baffling.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion