Goals, the life blood of the game - How are we doing in this dept?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:33 am

begintoend wrote:If some of us aren't that satisfied with our strikers, than who shall we get than?

Shevchenko? Ronaldo?
The price could be infinity.

Do you pay for them? You grumbling chaps....

I am happy with what LFC have. The strikers will prove themselves well later in the season. I thought the supply of chances were not consistent too. Maybe when Gerrard comes back, the midfield and strike force will tick better. Else, I think we are doing really fine.

We have talk about goals, but I am worried about our defense too.   :(

It's not so much who should we go out and buy !!

It's more, why have we wasted £14m on a dud ?
And why did we sell our best current striker for only £8m?

Anyway, thankfully, it looks as though the new manager has identified the problem and has two, new guy's in his sights.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:32 am

Redrider wrote:It's more, why have we wasted £14m on a dud ?

How can he be a dud after playing only 658 minutes of first team football.

you are joking right ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:59 pm

begintoend

Good point why don't we pay for an established star or some quality, not someone who still has to do it. When he have an established star then we can adopt the other strategy.

One last point for £14m I want an established star!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:02 pm

Leonmc0708

Am I missing something here but if you pull out the 4 goal fluke what are you left with so for me the stats dont point to the defence the issue still remains with the attack, period.

How many games have we had, like the last one, in which we buzzed around but didn't finish it off. I guess a manager would use the stats to confirm what his gut tells him and not the other way round!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:03 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Redrider wrote:It's more, why have we wasted £14m on a dud ?

How can he be a dud after playing only 658 minutes of first team football.

you are joking right ??

No, I am not joking. Take your Red tinted glasses off, you are living in a fog of hopes and dreams that will never materialise.
The guy is only an ordinary player, we have been had !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:05 pm

Leonmc0708

Being a striker is all about scoring, not looking good, not giving him time, not this not that but basically scoring goals, and it aint happening.

I could ask how long do you want to give them then?
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:18 pm

The point being is maybe he will end up not being good enough but you cannot tell yet!! As said lots of times before Henry was shocking when he first went to Arsenal, as have been many over forwards!
Now if you had been his manager you would have thrown him out after 10 games, and look at what you would have missed!
Why beat on about what a waste 14 million was
The money has gone and we should do what our name entitles as LFC supporters!
I would dread to think the hard time you would give Owen if you was a Real Madrid supporter!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:27 pm

kindaconfused wrote:Leonmc0708

Am I missing something here but if you pull out the 4 goal fluke what are you left with so for me the stats dont point to the defence the issue still remains with the attack, period.

How many games have we had, like the last one, in which we buzzed around but didn't finish it off. I guess a manager would use the stats to confirm what his gut tells him and not the other way round!

Yes you are missing something, the facts.

Wether or not in your opinion any game was a fluke, that does not mean the goals do not count you idiot.

Also please stop arguing with yourself.

Redrider = Kindaconfused
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:32 pm

KOP STARS JUST DON'T HIT IT OFF
Daily Mirror 21 October 2004 

LIVERPOOL striker Milan Baros has all but admitted that his strike partnership with Djibril Cisse is a flop. 

After Tuesday night's stalemate against Deportivo at Anfield, the Czech striker was asked about his link-up with the £14million Frenchman. His response was a terse - and revealing - dismissal of the question. He muttered: "You'd better ask the manager about it", before stalking off without even the flicker of a smile.

Clearly there are problems between the two and that is why Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will be forced to bring in a new striker when the January transfer window opens.

Interesting dynamic here, Baros effectivley admits he can't work with Cisse.
Cisse, throws his water bottle into the sub's area when substitued on Tuesday.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:36 pm

Redrider wrote:Interesting dynamic here, Baros effectivley admits he can't work with Cisse.

that says it all for me. at least cisse is showing some kind of emotion. as a striker you SHOULD be p#ssed off to be substituted, just ask craig bellamy.

as for baros saying he can't work with cisse, that attitude just sums up exactly why.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:39 pm

I am getting pretty p1ssed off with Milan's attitude of late.

Lamenting Barca and dissmissing Cisse, I dont care how good or promosing he is, he can gladly have a lift from me to John Lennon Airport if he keeps on with this attitude.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:48 pm

stmichael wrote:
Redrider wrote:Interesting dynamic here, Baros effectivley admits he can't work with Cisse.

that says it all for me. at least cisse is showing some kind of emotion. as a striker you SHOULD be p#ssed off to be substituted, just ask craig bellamy.

as for baros saying he can't work with cisse, that attitude just sums up exactly why.

It is going to be very interesting to see how this develops, if and when Rafa, pulls a new spanish forward.
Baros v Cisse, Cisse v Rafa, Cisse & Baros v Rafa, Cisse & Baros v Spanish Players. There are a few permutations for dynamic tensions.
It is however good to see that Cisse cares, hopefully, at least he is going to pull his gut's out !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:48 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I am getting pretty p1ssed off with Milan's attitude of late.

Lamenting Barca and dissmissing Cisse, I dont care how good or promosing he is, he can gladly have a lift from me to John Lennon Airport if he keeps on with this attitude.

that's my point leon. people are on here slagging off cisse and praising baros to the hills. well i'll tell you what. look at the two players expressions on the field of play. now tell me which one of the two really wants to play for this club and which one doesn't.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:52 pm

stmichael wrote:

that's my point leon. people are on here slagging off cisse and praising baros to the hills. well i'll tell you what. look at the two players expressions on the field of play. now tell me which one of the two really wants to play for this club and which one doesn't.

One or both, will have left LFC, before next season starts.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:54 pm

stmichael wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more, (unless I really wanted to).

All this rubbish on here about Cisse being rubbish and Baros being great gets right up my nose.

Cisse is taken off and looks ****** off cus it clearly hurts him that he can no longer try and help the reds win the game, and people say its out of order. I say its exactly how I would feel, and how I would want everyone of my players to feel if they are substituted.

Baros talks of wishing he had joined Barca, and people are saying he is better than Owen. It is laughable.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion